Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
ONKha.jpg
ICC Twenty20 World Cup 2012, Sri Lanka
Canada v Netherlands
Qualifying Round, Colombo

Presentation Ceremony

gPqHd.png
: Hello and welcome to the presentation ceremony for the exciting qualifier between Canada and Netherlands, where Canada failed to qualify of the last ball. Though around 270 runs only were scored today, there was entertainment right from the start till the end. With the heroic finish by Ryan ten Doeschate, the excitement was huge.

gPqHd.png
: Back to presentation, I would like to call the Canadian skipper, Jimmy Hansra to have a small chat with us. Well Jimmy, tough luck today but it was a very narrow miss today. Isn?t it?

zvHDM.png
: Yes Russel, we were so close to win but we missed it but very good batting by Ryan under pressure. Our bowlers bowled very well today. May be our batsmen could have tried to add some more runs towards the end. We were having the match in our hands till the last ball six, but tried our level best.

gPqHd.png
: After having just 136 on the board, did u think that it?s enough to defend?

zvHDM.png
: As I said, our batting could have been way better. We lost around five wickets without even scoring a single run and that were we lost the match. If we could have added another 10-15 runs then I am sure we could have been playing in the main tournament.

gPqHd.png
: Thanks a lot Jimmy and good luck for the future series.

zvHDM.png
: Thanks Russel and cheers!

gPqHd.png
: Now I would like to call the winning captain, Peter Borren on to the stage to have a word with us. Another thrilling, last ball win for the Dutch. What?s your view on today's match?

NQ74V.png
: Yes Russel, another last ball thrilling victory for us and it was again Tendo who did it. I was actually jumping in the air and celebrating when i saw the last ball gone over the mid-wicket for a six. I thought that we missed the chance to play in the main tournament when we lost a wicket in the final over but Tendo played extremely well under pressure and won the game for us.

gPqHd.png
: Now that you have qualified for the main tournament in group B alongside Australia and West Indies. Any expectations?

NQ74V.png
: Yes, we are very happy to have qualified for the main tournament. Qualifying for he tournament was our main aim and we have achieved it. So now just go there give your best and enjoy the next two games against the Aussies and the Windies. Hopefully we can upset one of those two teams and qualify for the Super Eights.

gPqHd.png
: Good luck Peter for the next two matches and we hope you guys provide us with the same entertainment in those two matches also.

NQ74V.png
: Thanks a lot Russel and yes we will try our best to do that. Cheers!

gPqHd.png
: Now it?s time to announce the player of the match. There were some good performances from both the teams but the stand performance was by Ryan ten Doeschate. He took one wicket, caught three catches and scored 14 runs including the last ball six which won the game for Netherlands.

gPqHd.png
: Ryan, please collect your award and come up to have a few words with us. A great all-round performance by you. You must be happy with that.

mpjBe.png
: Yes Russel, I am very happy with my performance today. Got a quick wicket, took three catches and also scored the all-important winning runs for my team and add to that we qualified for the main tournament. So overall I am very happy with it.

gPqHd.png
: With three balls left and eight runs to win. Did you think that you can make it?

mpjBe.png
: Well to be honest, no. There was a lot of pressure and the ball was not coming on to the bat nicely. Their slower bowlers had made life very difficult for us but in the end it was some luck which favoured me and we won the game in the end.

gPqHd.png
: How did you feel after that last ball six?

mpjBe.png
: When I hit the ball in the air, I was a bit nervous because I thought I didn?t get enough distance in it but when I saw it go over the fielder's head for a six I was delighted and very happy that I was able to help my team win yet another last ball thriller.

gPqHd.png
: It was a great inning Ryan and thanks for having some words with us. Good luck for the next two matches. Hope you upset them.

mpjBe.png
: Yes, we will try our best to upset them. Thanks a lot and cheers mate.

gPqHd.png
: So that concludes our Presentation Ceremony. Hope everyone enjoyed this coverage and we will be back for the second qualifying match between Ireland and Afghanistan very soon. Till then Good-Bye.

Last edited:

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Waiting for Ireland and Afghan match. I would personally love to see Afghanistan pull it off but Ireland are unbeatable Associates. Hope to be proved wrong ;)

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
ONKha.jpg
ICC Twenty20 World Cup 2012, Sri Lanka
Ireland v Afghanistan
Qualifying Round, Colombo

Welcome To the Second qualifying match for the Twenty20 World Cup 2012 between Ireland and Afghanistan, Live from R.Premadasa Stadium in Colombo. Let?s get back to the Weather and Pitch Report from Russel Arnold now.

Pitch & Weather Report

Weather Conditions: We have a beautiful weather today! It was a bit hot in the afternoon during the first game between Holland and Canada but now the lights are on and it?s a bit cooler but won?t be any cooler as we are closer to the seas. Overall, It?s a good atmosphere for cricket and we would be getting a full game without any interruptions.

clodY.jpg

Pitch Report: Nothing much has changed about the pitch from what we saw during the day game. It was a low scoring thriller and we expect a same one in this one also. With this pitch been used up for 40 overs, I guess run scoring is going be a bit harder. So my advice to the two captains will be win the toss and bowl first because batting second has always been difficult in Sri Lanka and will be more difficult on this pitch. The dew will also come in as the game goes on but with the technologies available I don?t think so it will play a huge part in this match.

Toss: Nawroz Mangal the Afghanistan skipper has rightly called heads and won the toss. He has decided that the Afghanis will bowl first.

HDG7p.png

Afghanistan have gone with their strong lineup which played in the last Twenty20 match against UAE. Sadiq and Naib open the batting with the skipper and the keeper following at number three and four. Nabi, Stanikzai and Ahmadi after them, followed by the bowlers Ashraf, Shenwari, Hasan and Hotak.

KOxqp.png

For the Irish, it?s the same team from their last friendly match against England. Joyce and Stirling open the batting with skipper Porterfield at number three followed by the O'Brien brothers. Jones, Wilson and Mooney come in next followed by the bowlers Cusack, Dockrell and Rankin.

Users who are viewing this thread