Sri Lanka in South Africa Dec-Jan 2011/12

stefan

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Nah, nothing can stop de Villiers, that man's a machine. :p

Nice of him to have some sympathy for Faf though. Feeling your hamstring a bit? Let's run crazy fast singles!

----------

Six overs of Malinga left as well? My money would be firmly on the Sri Lankan's from here.

They are also best mates from school, doudt faf would have been pleased with the captain.

At least AB can read the duckworth lewis paper.:D

Really can't understand how smith justifies his selection in the odi side. He is barely averaging over 30 for the last 2 years and the last 100 he got is in 2009.:facepalm

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
again, trying to look on the sunny side of this.

who cares? it's in the wake of a world cup, no ODI cricket matters that much and the ODI cricket played in the 12 months after a world cup even less.

this is what makes malinga retiring from tests so stupid. ok the twenty20 championship is coming up, personally I do think that matters more than 5 day ODI series here and there, it's in sri lanka too so they will want to win it but after that what? it's essentially just years of playing meaningless cricket.

ODI cricket outside the WC is only good for personal record setting, and the odd grudge match. malinga would have been better taking a sabbatical from test cricket and then coming back to it.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Maybe him playing regular 5-day cricket my cripple him for good, thus preventing him from him playing t20 and odi cricket.

----------

They are also best mates from school, doudt faf would have been pleased with the captain.

At least AB can read the duckworth lewis paper.:D

Really can't understand how smith justifies his selection in the odi side. He is barely averaging over 30 for the last 2 years and the last 100 he got is in 2009.:facepalm

Is Faf seen as a test match option?

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I have always liked faf even though he hasn't done too well yet. But I prefer players who don't tend to waste balls and keep the scorecard ticking with singles all the time. And faf seems to be like that.

Needless to say the likes of amla devilliers and duminy r also like that. If I am not wrong de Villiers and amla has the lowest dot ball percentage in the last 2 years or so.

stefan

International Coach
Maybe him playing regular 5-day cricket my cripple him for good, thus preventing him from him playing t20 and odi cricket.

----------

Is Faf seen as a test match option?

Before this season I would have said no and the same goes for ingram but both have pilled on the runs in the SS series. So I think he is definitely in with a chance if he continues performing.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
This has got the potential to be another decent game ruined by the weather. :p

Do South Africa even know De Villiers' best batting position in their first choice side? Surprised they haven't tried a few more all-rounders in this series too, seems to me like they're a decent Number 7 away from being a pretty good side.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Freakish over the head catch on the boundary by Peterson off his own bowling. Unlucky for Sanga, hopefully this doesn't spark a collapse after the blistering start.

----------

Damn, one is Petersen and the other Peterson, so that doesn't work.

Anjula

Club Captain
What a knock by perera.
Soo, What about chandimal,
Will he take on the future of Sri Lankan Batting?

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
I expected Perera in the side since the first game, mainly for his bowling, but he's worth a few runs with the bat too, as we saw last night. Apart from the blistering knock, picking up the well set de Villiers and Duminy restricted Saf from putting up well over 300.

Chandimal hadn't impressed me from what I'd seen of him, but he's had a good series so far. Averaging over 60 even with the ridiculous first game.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Perera batting stats look similar to Johnson and this knock is similar to the one Johnson produced against WI.

Chandimal definitely looks a talent just keeps on scoring runs and gaining valuable experience for test.

Anjula

Club Captain
Perera batting stats look similar to Johnson and this knock is similar to the one Johnson produced against WI.

Chandimal definitely looks a talent just keeps on scoring runs and gaining valuable experience for test.

That was WI, This is SA:p
I think Nuwan Kulasekara is far better batsmen that perera.:yes

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Meant he produced a once in a blue moon knock as other than that Johnson has done nothing of note with the bat in ODIs.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Whoa what a match today.Sri Lanka chased a total of above 300 2nd time in succesion.Almost any total can be chased at the Wanderers like SA beat Aussies by making 438 in 2006..:spy

bill_123

School Cricketer
dissapointing to see south africa lose after scoring dat many runs

but the series was won anyway....and good to see AB scoringas heavily as ever as a Captain+Keeper...shows he can manage the pressure of both ths duties and still score runs as he usually does....his form in ODI's in da past 2 to 3 years has been crazy good:)...hope dat continues....

now for New Zealand series i hope they include tahir in odi's as well as t20's...robin is alright....play em both alternatively depending on form maybe....and together also if needed....drop botha....he isnt really needed...

and also nice to see smith scoring a 100...

Gurukirat

School Cricketer
Can anyone please share the score updates of warm up match between Sri Lankans and South African Invitation XI ?

The match was scheduled to begin from yesterday i.e. Dec 9..but I couldn't find score updates for it on ESPNCricinfo website..:(
I can tell you after Dozen years or so as of today if Site Supervisor do not mind.

Users who are viewing this thread