World T20 Qualifiers March 2011/12

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Namibia are struggling against Oman but I am sure they will end well with bowl which means Afghanistan is unbeaten and possibly Namibia too. Italy started well and could have won today's match if their death bowling was good 3 out 6 not bad for a country not producing cricketers :p

USA has been ???? tbh. They along with Kenya are more senior kind of sides and they have managed only 1 win? :facepalm

Kenya on the other side have looked good off late but I think its a bit late now. I would have loved to see more teams in the T20 WC and not just 2 from Associates and Affiliates :yes

May be have group of 4 teams and as usual 4 groups in total. So it meant 6 teams would qualify from this 16 which would be awesome as the teams mostly would be

Afghanistan
Ireland
Nambia
Scotland
Italy
Canada/Nepal

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
namibia made it look easy in the end, wouldn't expect the groups to change from their current standings tomorrow.

we're definitely sure kohli isn't scottish?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Well Dravid was so you never know.

----------

Well that should guarantee us a playoff spot. As I understand it one place goes to the winner of the 1st vs 1st match and the other place is something like.
3rd v 2nd plays 2nd v 3rd from the two groups. The winner from those 4 teams plays the losing finalist from the 1st place playoff. Or something.
Scotland will therefore play the Netherlands probably.

teamindia

Club Cricketer
Anyone know if the last 6 games are going to be streamed worldwide?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Well it looks like the prelim finals will be as follows:

Afghanistan vs Namibia (winner qualifies)

Netherlands vs Scotland

Ireland vs Canada

As I said before there are only two places available.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Just send them all I reckon. Didn't know Namibia had much in them, but the other 5 have been thereabouts for awhile. It's only T20, so it's not like it will be painfully boring minnow bashing.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
74 matches for only 2 spots seems ridiculous. Also, why does the ICC need play-offs in this tournament ?

There is an outside chance that Italy may qualify for the preliminary finals. That would happen if
USA beats Scotland and Italy beats Namibia today.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Italy won't beat Nambia. Namibia posted 194.

Latest is that US require 10 runs off 11 balls with 8 wickets in hand against us but I don't think it will change our net R/R enough to let Kenya in instead (famous last words). Losing our captain for the whole tournament pretty much has been a big blow.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
It is sad to see only 2 of these 6 good teams qualifying. The Irish ought to be given direct entry for future tournaments. My bet is on Afghanistan and Namibia to go through.

Yet another qualifying mode for the T20 World Cup could be as follows: Have direct entry for the Top 8 ranked T20 teams in the world.The bottom two teams would then have to play a qualifying round with leading Associates for the remainder of the spots.

Users who are viewing this thread