How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

dajesmac

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
What's the most unfair loss anyone's had?

I made 298 in an ODI against RSA, had them 100-7, and Philander made 86* and Morne Morkel made 57 and I lost by 1 wicket with 5 overs left. Really stupid. :facepalm

Last edited:

jacobfelix

International Coach
ICC2006 : Playing as Surrey

Coming to the end of my 2050 season and something disastrous happening at the end of the season.

To brief it up, no problems, in County Championship....after 13 games my team is on 237 points with 11 wins. The rest of the teams are way behind with 180-190 points after 14 games. I am assured of the CC title now itself. :thumbs

Also won the T20 title. But it is after this, my team has slumped to a new low as though they have forgotten how to play One-dayers. :D

Lost the Challenge Trophy final by 88 runs to a depleted Warwicks side. :noway :noway Then 4 losses in Pro-League and my team is currently in 7th spot after 6 games. :noway One more defeat...Gone....Relegate....:eek:

jacobfelix

International Coach
ICC2006 : 2050 season

Opener John Gow gets a triple hundred :cheers

Whew....Finally.....A Triple Hundred :clap :clap.....It's in my 2050 season one of my batsman got it. :thumbs

Opener John Gow got to the magical score thereby eclipsing Scott Newman's longstanding record of 288. Gow already has 1694 runs from 13 games this season. In fact, he should be extremely thankful :D to No. 11, J.Mutch, who came in with the score on 563/9 and hung on for 37 minutes.

Now Gow's previous 5 innings read 199,1,241,48*, 302*.

Last edited:

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
Champions at last! :D

image.png

image.png

image.png

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@Sartaj: Which version of ICC is that and did you install any mod for Indian league?

6ry4nj

International Coach
So does the trial version has the complete IPL tournament? If yes then I'll download it right away. :D
The trial version is the complete game, but you can only run it for two calendar days from the time you first start it (time of installation doesn't matter)*. So sleep all day, stock up the nearby fridge, and then start playing after midnight! ;)

* that's as I understand it

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Anyone tried out NZ yet? Do we still suck in game?

6ry4nj

International Coach
Anyone tried out NZ yet? Do we still suck in game?
Short answer is yes, going by the story (by GrahamB) that's running on ICC website. You might want to check out that story though, as there's a suggestion that different tactics are needed in this version (T20 especially), so as Graham improves his tactics, his fortunes may also head north...

jacobfelix

International Coach
ICC2006 : Playing as Surrey

Finished my 2050 season. :D Retained the CC & T20 :clap but lost the finals of the Challenge Trophy :( to a depleted Warwicks side....that too after being the CT champs for the past consecutive 7 times...Serves me right...Overconfidence.... :p

Slipped further in Pro-League. :(

Opener J.Gow scored 1965 runs in FC alone :clap thereby eclipsing the previous best of 1954 set some seasons back by overseas player D.Singh. This season Gow also got my first individual triple hundred. :thumbs

For the new season :D in came SouthAfrican opener George Haynes, Sussex batsman Jim Hulme, Indian paceman I.Singh.

County Championship

Watson33

Club Cricketer
Got my first hat trick in an ICC game today :D Playing a T20 match vs Northamptonshire, Kemar Roach ripped through their middle order with 3 in 3! Up to the dizzy heights of 6th in the 20 over cup! First time i've had a genuine shot at qualifying for the quarters! Slipped into the relegation zone in the County Championship though. Only 9 points away from the team above me though. Moeen Ali is the first Worcestershire batsman i've had to make it past 50 in a 20 over game! I suck badly at twenty20 games on this.

Edit: 20 over cup is now done and dusted. Finished in my usual position of 9th in the North group after a disastrous final few games. Climbed my way out of the relegation zone in the County Championship but then Leics went and got a big win, putting my 2 points off safety again. I really need to stay in Div 1 though, because I doubt i'd be able to get myself promoted out of Div 2! Also, I must buy a wicket keeper who can bat in the transfer season, because although Ben Cox is averaging 38, he rarely chips in. He either gets a 10/20 or goes onto get a big score.

Edit no.2: In big trouble now. Only got a draw against Somerset, came away with 9 points from it, but Leics got another big win and are on 101 points with Worcs back on 89 points. I don't play Leics again too, so I now face a massive upward climb. Do star players refuse to renegotiate new contracts if you're in Division 2? Sitting in 4th in Group A of the Challenge Trophy, with no real chance of catching Hampshire in 1st. So looks like my 3rd season will end in relegation and no trophies.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread