FIFA/UEFA/CONMEBOL/CAF/CONCACAF/AFC news thread

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Although FIFA are a structurally strong body. They are very corrupt at the top as everyone is well aware of and they tend to make to decision with regards to rules of the game that are a bit irritating of late. So i think we should have a thread keeping tabs on those decisions.

----------

UEFA president Michel Platini says technology no longer needed - ESPN Soccernet

Firstly this continued ignorance from FIFA executives on the insistence not to use technology and the delusional the goal-line officals truly are making a difference. :facepalm

Last edited:

War

Chairman of Selectors
Hmm interesting article. I would love to see smart English football journalist like Phil McNulty and Martin Samuels respond to that directly.

Auwais

International Coach
I should mention that Tim Vickery himself is English, although these days he's based in Brazil and mostly writes about South American football.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
I believe any FIFA programs go in here.

So, Congrats Messi. Best european footballer 2010/2011. :D

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
FIFA agrees goal-line technology deals - ESPNFC

They need to hurry up with this already.

How many times does this actually happen? Like in all of the leagues around the world, at most it would only happen like once a week.

Just give each team one challenge a match, and everything's pretty much solved. It's not like there's no stoppages atm with all of these twats diving all over the show, so stopping the game once more in the blue moon when something like this actually happens isn't going to hurt.

I know I don't follow football very closely, but it just seems like this and the racism cloud that these days is hanging permanently over the EPL are two of the more dragged out stories in the world over not a lot (if that makes sense).

War

Chairman of Selectors
Yea on average at least once a week this happens in any league in the world. But once implemented i'd want it to not be limited to one challenge. It should be readily available at any point of a game, if their is not enough clarity if a ball has crossed the line.

Since i'd hate if any a game you only have one challenge. Then you have situation where a team uses up one challenge & later in a game a similar event occurs, but you can't refer it because the challenges are finished.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I was talking about a challenge system even without the official technology being implemented. Like there's normally a goal line camera, so if something's called wrong, then someone in the other team can just challenge it. With this only a few months away though, that doesn't really matter now.

War

Chairman of Selectors
To my knowledge last i heard, i think the referee's will have some watch/device on his arm that will signal to them immediately or within a few seconds whether the ball crossed the line.

So if the players appeal, pretty much right away, the referee will be able to say if its a goal or not.

Users who are viewing this thread