Zimbabwe tour of West Indies 2013

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
I am so impressed to see Ervine.He has done a very good job.Taylor has disapointed so far.I hope he'll come with some runs in the last one

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Did anyone notice pollard pulling away from Darren bravo at the handshakes? What a sulking baby! Sure it must be bad getting run out in that way, but come on big man. Grow up!

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Another loss, but a least we were competitive in parts. Looks like we have two new International standard spinners. Mushangwe & Mutombodzi have been the best bowers for Zimbabwe, in the three matches. :)

I am so impressed to see Ervine.He has done a very good job.Taylor has disapointed so far.I hope he'll come with some runs in the last one

Yeah, it's a shame he missed the last ODI, due to injury. We are going to miss him in the tests; Surprised he was left-out of the squad.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yeah, it's a shame he missed the last ODI, due to injury. We are going to miss him in the tests; Surprised he was left-out of the squad.

Who's in the test squad? Very surprising that he has been left out.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Zimbabwe were unlucky not to win a single match

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
The biggest problem i think Zim have,it's their fast bowling.They do have a batting line up that can give them a fighting total but they don't have the fast bowlers who can wreck top order of opposition.Kyle Jarvis looked good when he started but in this series he wasn't too effective.I saw they found two spinners who are good enough but they need to get support from their fast bowlers.

Mpofu has an ave of 61 and eco of 6.64 in this series while Jarvis's ave is 87 and eco is 6.This shows how badly their fast bowlers are struggling.

Last edited:

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
The biggest problem i think Zim have,it's their fast bowling.They do have a batting line up that can give them a fighting total but they don't have the fast bowlers who can wreck top order of opposition.Kyle Jarvis looked good when he started but in this series he wasn't too effective.I saw they found two spinners who are good enough but they need to get support from their fast bowlers.

Mpofu has an ave of 61 and eco of 6.64 in this series while Jarvis's ave is 87 and eco is 6.This shows how badly their fast bowlers are struggling.

You're right. We don't have a lot of good fast bowlers, (of International standard anyway) but I don't think we picked the right people for the ODI series . Jarvis & Mpofu are test & FC bowlers imo. Mpofu has bowled well in ODI's in the past, but I guess he just had a bad series, he's a confidence bowler.

Shingi Masakadza is our best ODI & T20 bowler, he's defiantly our best death bowler. Other bowlers they could of selected are: Rainsford, Panyangara & Mupariwa. Jarvis has been working on a slower and used it in this series, just needs to do more work with Streak, so he can become a better bowler in the shorter forms. :)

1iram1

Club Captain
The bigger question is what happened to Muzhange? That guy was owning us when I watched him play last year, had a good yorker.

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
What about Brian Vitori? Where is he now?

I don't know actually. He's either injured or doing personnel training with one of the bowling staff. Struggled in the Zimbabwe domestic competition, then just disappeared. Pretty sure he hasn't retired, or left the game.

The bigger question is what happened to Muzhange? That guy was owning us when I watched him play last year, had a good yorker.

Hasn't been any-where near as good unfortunately, which might have something to do with Gillespie leaving the Rhinos franchise. The two of them worked very closely. Hopefully Streak can pick-up from where Gillespie left-off soon, so he can start pushing for national selection again.

Strange things like these, seem to happen all the time. The press/Zimbabwe cricket don't give much information out to the fans and public. I suppose they are broke at the moment, so they've had to cut a lot of things. We have hardly any sponsors at the moment - has anyone noticed our kits? :/

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Well played Tino Mawoyo yesterday, he was hit a number of times by the west indies fast bowlers but still carried on to make a hard fought 50.

The clear problem for Zimbabwe is the fact that mostly all batsman get themselves in and then give their wicket away.

Kyle Jarvis was a bit lucky having Kemar Roach LBW off the '7th' ball of his over.

I think Gayle and Chanderpaul will be too much for Zim and West Indies will score 400+ runs.

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Well played Tino Mawoyo yesterday, he was hit a number of times by the west indies fast bowlers but still carried on to make a hard fought 50.

The clear problem for Zimbabwe is the fact that mostly all batsman get themselves in and then give their wicket away.

Kyle Jarvis was a bit lucky having Kemar Roach LBW off the '7th' ball of his over.

I think Gayle and Chanderpaul will be too much for Zim and West Indies will score 400+ runs.

That's the most disappointing part, they are playing International level cricket; Scoring 20 or 30 then playing a silly shot, isn't good enough. Shouldn't be happening as regularly as it does. :(

Mawoyo was the stand-out performer, but Chakabva & Cremer showed that you can stay at the crease, even if you're struggling to score runs.

We will need Cremer & Price to make an impact on the match today, if we're going to stay in the match. :/

----------

I'm impressed with the selectors decision to keep Craig Ervine in the WI's, for the test matches. Hopefully he can make an impact at some point in the two matches. :)

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
I'm pretty sure Kemar Roach was out on the 7th ball of the 7th over of the innings. Shame he didn't score 7 runs.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
@Swirler yeah i noticed the kit and i was like where the hell are the sponsors logo than i realized you guys dont have many sponsors anyway ATM Zimbabwe are bowling well

Users who are viewing this thread