ICC Champions Trophy 2013 - England & Wales

Anish.

Panel of Selectors
ICC_Champions_Trophy_2013_logo.jpg

The 2013 ICC Champions Trophy will be a One Day International cricket tournament held in England and Wales between 6 and 23 June.Three cities will host the tournament's matches: London, Birmingham and Cardiff.It will be the seventh and final ICC Champions Trophy.

Group A

Australia
England
New Zealand
Sri Lanka

Eng VS Aus
NZ VS Sri Lanka
Aus VS NZ
Eng VS Sri Lanka
Eng VS NZ
Aus VS Sri Lanka

Group B

India
Pakistan
South Africa
West Indies

Ind VS SA
Pak VS WI
Pak VS SA
Ind VS WI
SA VS WI
Ind VS Pak

Credits to Wikipedia .
PS : I know it's too early :) .​

Last edited:

Sami Kumar

Zananiya da Cheetah
PAK...
The Boys
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I hope it will be interesting just as the world cup,but is it the last champions trophy?

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I hope it will be interesting just as the world cup,but is it the last champions trophy?

Yes it's being scrapped after this one. The ICC feel having three major international tournaments (the World Cup, Champions Trophy and World T20) was excessive so this is the one to make way.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Among all the top 8 teams,Pakistan is the only one who has never played a champions trophy final.I wish this time we do.

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
England in england are always strong. I know 50 over format isnt their strongest. But as south africa always bottle it. Im going with an england win.

bigred

Club Captain
I'm going with England to win this one, with Pakistan as dark horses.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Sri Lanka or South Africa all the way

War

Chairman of Selectors
Very open tournament any of the major 8 teams can win i reckon. But South Africa have the biggest incentive & would want to translate their test dominance with a win in this tournament.

Its also very insulting by the ICC to have a global tournament without Bangladesh. This tournament was essentially hastily put up because the ICC idea to have a world test championship this summer was rebuffed by the TV companies, but thats no excuse not for BANG not to be present especially with them almost winning the Asia Cup & beating the windies at home last year.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Very open tournament any of the major 8 teams can win i reckon. But South Africa have the biggest incentive & would want to translate their test dominance with a win in this tournament.

Its also very insulting by the ICC to have a global tournament without Bangladesh. This tournament was essentially hastily put up because the ICC idea to have a world test championship this summer was rebuffed by the TV companies, but thats no excuse not for BANG not to be present especially with them almost winning the Asia Cup & beating the windies at home last year.

The tournament is for the top 8 sides in the ODI rankings. It has always been the case that the top 8 are the only ones to qualify automatically for the Champions Trophy. It's not a slight against Bangladesh.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Yes it was fine before because Bangladesh were poor & you could understand them not being part of a C-Trophy.

But given that the ICC actually scrapped this tournament after 2009 & only brought it back this year for aforementioned reasons, they should have created a different format to accommodate Bangladesh given their improvement.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Tough to say which would be a bigger achievement. Winning this, or winning Le Tournoi....

Either way, I couldn't give a turd.

spooony

Club Captain
Can you please change that yellow to baggy green or something cause it just look effin awful and couldn't make out the word

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I never understood why people didn't find this important/interesting. In an age when ODI cricket has lost significance, there needs to be a revival of multilateral and tri-series to foster a greater sense of achievement. Personally, I am disappointed that it is being done away with, because I have not watched a single bilateral ODI series in quite a few years (except for India vs Pakistan). I miss the days of VB Series, Sharjah, etc. The calendar needs more events like this, Asia Cup, CB Series, Natwest Series (both with fewer games in the group stage), etc.

I'm looking forward to this.

Last edited:

War

Chairman of Selectors
Yea that's true in a way. Tri-nation series like the VB series, sharjah cup, asia cup & the various forms of the champions trophy are certainly more interesting than bilateral ODI series. Unless of course those bilateral ODI series were between two really strong teams.

But world crickets schedule is so messed up due to the T20 upheaval & BCCI dominance that to possibly getting more tournaments like this is almost impossible.

AUS have essentially scrapped the VB series in recent years. Even England cancelled the tri-nation Natwest series because of this difficulty.

Users who are viewing this thread