Post your questions about the game here!

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
A few questions...

Will there be a net practice mode in the game with coaching advice?
Yes
Will the ai bowl over and round the wicket?
Hopefully
How many people have tested the game and for how long?
Quite a few including professional cricketers
How will you stop players slogging sixes every ball?
By adding some form of randomness or unpredictability
Can you play and miss the ball using a defensive shot if the ball moves around?
Yes, all cricket game so far has had that to a defree, so this will too. Whether it looks authentic or not is for hou to decide once u see a video
How have you prevented ai exploits eg magic balls against the ai, yorker repetition etc?
With codes i am guessing.
Is the game finished?
Yes
How long has it been in development?
For a long time about 3 years.
How robust is the ai in setting and chasing targets?
Hopefully great.
Are there different ai strategies for different countries in test mode?
I believe not. There might be an option of individual team mentality being aggressive/defensive. But we dont know for sure until we see the attributes side of the game.
And please ensure the game is tested to breaking point before release...
Well of course they will test it as much as they can. But no game is without bugs and glitches.
[/quote]

lokebabu

School Cricketer
No matter how much the game is. I am definitely buying it to support Ross and his team.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
I bet the guy on the front cover(gilchrist) will give us advice in the nets, also how high can you set the ball machine. p.s Does the ball machine disappear when you are bowling. Great job ross, people at work thought it was a cut-seen not in-game but I said it was.:thumbs

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
p.s Does the ball machine disappear when you are bowling?

Based on their Rugby League titles, I would assume you have to tackle it out of the way before you start bowling...

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Now that would be funny biggs.

Also Ross you talked about taunts in your rugby game, any chance we will see some in Adam gilchrist cricket 14:D, some light hearted fun ones when biggs gets balled for a duck. Also when the ball goes past the edge of the bat. Thanks.:cheers

yashwanth kumar

Panel of Selectors
What is available in BA-14

Seeing the preview's i guess they have used the GN accessories the batsmen using GN Helm, pad's, Glove's

On the teaser well great work BA team well the net's is it the pace academy of chennai (MRF Pace academy) or BA pace academy, and really very nice a drawing board, a chair, cool drink machine fab and please BA rep's can you further explain the features of BA net's ?

On the other preview its good "A PERFECT FRONT FOOT DEFENSE" the model looks perfect even on the play and good turf & pitch. BTW could not see the crowd's but looking trough i guess there is a crowed intensity setting before the play

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Yeah, the two images had perfect depth-perception, which is what you're talking about crowd-wise. The lighting was stunning as well... totally captured the indoor/outdoor feel - that's one of the most impressive bits of the two images, the lighting and 'atmosphere' has been totally nailed.

Ross, this is more a "for interests sake" question - but how DOES ONE go about obtaining a license for a game? Lets use this hypothtical as it might be interesting to some; Say you want to licence the BlackCaps (NZ) do you need a contact there you've worked with before, or do you just call them up and take meetings? Same for, say, Puma... how do you get their attention? Is it WIP images or videos? How does it all work?

Last edited:

yashwanth kumar

Panel of Selectors
Biggs Well i guess its much of acquiring a pass and meet them rather than they doing it with you. On the teaser's any more enhanced views ? i guess you missed the cracked model (Player shadow) on the net's :)

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah, the two images had perfect depth-perception, which is what you're talking about crowd-wise. The lighting was stunning as well... totally captured the indoor/outdoor feel - that's one of the most impressive bits of the two images, the lighting and 'atmosphere' has been totally nailed.

Ross, this is more a "for interests sake" question - but how DOES ONE go about obtaining a license for a game? Lets use this hypothtical as it might be interesting to some; Say you want to licence the BlackCaps (NZ) do you need a contact there you've worked with before, or do you just call them up and take meetings? Same for, say, Puma... how do you get their attention? Is it WIP images or videos? How does it all work?

For "personalities" sometimes you just know someone, or someone that knows someone and it works out directly and they tell their agent to just do the deal. Mostly though there are agents involved from the start and it all goes through them. I have family that know Sachin, still had to go through management though and it didn't work out. We generally only deal with people that want to be involved, if they're not emotionally attached it just never works out well in my opinion. Most sports guys are gamers and are really cool to work with.

With teams it is different, mostly you can get a competition that "owns" the rights to use player likenesses and so on. There are different collective bargaining agreements for different sports, e.g. in some sports (I cant be specific due to NDA) if you have art, say a box cover, with 4 guys on it then you pay no royalties however less than 4 and you need approval from each player and separate agreements.

----------

Can we sledge in this game ?:spy

What kind of a freakin question is that!>!>!$#$#

You think I would be responsible for a game without taunts!

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Right, that's really interesting. So rather than licensing a particular team you license a competition... and the teams are a part of that deal. That makes complete sense. So if you wanted Aus and NZ, for example, you'd get the licence agreement for the (defunct) Chappell-Hadlee series. Or the "World Series" would give you those teams involved in that particular year.

If the Big Bash is in... then that gives you a whoooooole host of potential options...

Good stuff.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
We can sledge? I always wanted to walk up to gayle and say f*** you to his face. I can now virtually do that...

Users who are viewing this thread