ICC World T20 Bangladesh 2014

Parmesh killer

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned

----------

Since when ?

Rohit is kind of 'terrible' as an opener. He hogs the strike, doesn't take singles, frustrates his opening partner, and tries to hit his way out of trouble most of the times. Some times it comes off, but usually he just 'throws it away'

Plus his record in T20s is much better at no.4 or 5

And I don't think Binny's 120k deliveries will help our case in any way. Rahane at no.1 with Rohit in place of Yuvraj would be ideal.

Rohit has been given enough chances. Rohit must perform now or else Indians should throw him out of the squad.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
And this is the reason Ireland should have been in super 10 then Netherlands. Even Zimbabwe are poor and non competetive. 36/7 and Sri lanka will boost its run rate like crazy shit. Sri Lanka and South Africa from this group. Netherlands to lose all matches England to win just against Netherlands(doubts still present). New Zealand will win against Dutch.

From Group A, India are in if they win against Bangladesh. Would love to see Bangladesh win against West Indies tomorrow. If Australia can win against West Indies and Pakistan lose against West Indies, I guess Australia vs India match will decided much

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
39 all out. A really shambolic display from a team that chased 190 in 14 overs the other day, albeit against a much weaker bowling attack.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
SL loves feasting on Minnows. Comment from cricinfo sums it up:

Danish Adeel: "SL is use to of bowling opposition out in low Totals, in ODI Zimbabwe 35 v Sri Lanka, Canada 36 v Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe 38 v Sri Lanka and now Nether Land 39 v Sri Lanka in T20"

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
sri lanka were whipping boys themselves one day and they always seem to bring a pretty ferocious atittude to playing minnows.

duminy is twice the player he is in any other format at T20. an excellent middle/lower order finisher.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Rahane can open while Rohit would be more than happy to bat at #5 . Most of his runs in T20 has come in the middle order.

That would mean messing with a winning batting order, something Dhoni doesn't really do.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Oh yeah. I was talking of an ideal situation. I am very confident that Rohit will continue to open throughout the World Cup :P

And I am sure we will see jack-of-no-trades Binny instead of Yuvraj if Yuvraj fails again.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That would mean messing with a winning batting order, something Dhoni doesn't really do.

Rohit Sharma is much better T20 player batting in the middle order so why not? Yes I know the inexplicable theories of Dhoni which includes not playing Mishra and Ojha when Ashwin was going for us and himself batting as low as #6 for reasons best known to him. I hope he does think for the good for his team that Rahane is better of opening and Rohit in the middle order. They are so naturally obvious picks at those positions. Remember Rohit has been forced to open and was never a natural opener and he is no Sehwag or Sachin.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Rohit has been given enough chances. Rohit must perform now or else Indians should throw him out of the squad.

What do you think Rohit did yesterday vs West Indies?:rolleyes 60* is not a performance?

He also scored 24 in the first game vs Pakistan. He starts slow, but thats not called failure. He caught up on the SR pretty quickly and ended up on healthy SR's.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
What do you think Rohit did yesterday vs West Indies?:rolleyes 60* is not a performance?

He also scored 24 in the first game vs Pakistan. He starts slow, but thats not called failure. He caught up on the SR pretty quickly and ended up on healthy SR's.

That's the thing. I don't buy the "starts slow and catches up" funda theory. Works well for a middle order batsmen trying to recover an innings. Might work in an ODI for openers. But in T20s, where usually the margin of victory is very slim, those 1-10 dot balls he plays can be the difference between winning and losing.

I am trying to remember, when was the last time (post Sehwag-Gambhir) Indian openers actually got off to flying starts consistently - 8 to 10 rpo.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser

Google search: Rohit has been given enough chances. Rohit must perform now or else Indians should throw him out of the squad.
Did you mean Yuvraj?

@Samuels, I agree your point that Rohit should be played in middle order. But he should play in at 4th where he has performed greatly in last IPL. Kohli is in an outstanding form so he let the middle order to have a little chance to play. If Rohit comes at 4 while chasing then he may help to stand necessary partnerships. In most of matches in IPL where he batted at 4th in first inning he could survive himself till the last 5 overs and has banged the oppositions a lot in those important overs.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India

Sorry to disagree. But if a person plays for India in 50+ games, and then he doesnt perform, he is a failure.

Enough of Rohit, I'd say. And btw, 130 should have been knocked off in 15 overs or so.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Sorry to disagree. But if a person plays for India in 50+ games, and then he doesnt perform, he is a failure.

Enough of Rohit, I'd say. And btw, 130 should have been knocked off in 15 overs or so.

But you can't call that a failure. He scored 60*. You cant blame him for taking the game till the last over. Yuvraj came in and made a mess of it with his poor form. If Kohli and Rohit had stayed, India most likely would have finished it in the 17th or 18th over.

You cant drop Rohit now when he has done very well in the first two games. In both these games, he did not have the need to blaze at the start (due to the low totals that we chased)

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
See the way Rohit plays IPL T20 ans the way he playes international T20!

If he can play blind innings in IPL, why can't he play in the international T20?

If Rohit cannot play like that in the opening position, no issues, drop Yuvraj who is out of form, bring in Rahane, let Dhawan and Rahane open and drop Rohit to a place where he can play blind innings. And i suppose Dhawan is still banking on his test debut for a place. He has been failing big time now.

Users who are viewing this thread