India's tour of Australia - December/January 2015

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I m still of the opinion that India needs to drop Dhawan, get in Ojha; have Saha keep wickets. If Raina has to come in,Rahul will have to sit out. India needs to field its best line-up in Sydney if it needs to win at least a game.

grkrama

National Board President
Ishant - who has bowled 125 overs, more than any other fast bowler in the series and second only to Nathan Lyon's 146.5 - didn't have a bowl in the nets

though not a fan just for this props to him:clap

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Suppose, Raina plays in the match... Which player should be replaced ?

I guess he will play then as the 5th bowler, replacing Karn Sharma (from the line up that I posted).

"Wriddhiman Saha's right thumb was heavily strapped, but he kept wicket and batted without much discomfort. All things being similar Saha will add to his three Test caps in two days' time, but in the unlikely scenario of his missing out, Dhoni will have to come out of retirement."

Raina, Rahul in the frame for Sydney | Cricket News | Australia v India | ESPN Cricinfo

I would probably not bring Dhoni out of retirement. Instead, let Rahul keep wickets if Saha is unavailable.

lion100lion

International Coach
I would probably not bring Dhoni out of retirement. Instead, let Rahul keep wickets if Saha is unavailable.
But Shastri has confirmed that... Dhoni on standby for Wriddhiman, if needed: Ravi Shastri : Cricket, News - India Today

dhoni-smile.jpg

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Could try Rohit as openner.

Vijay
Rohit
Pujara
Kohli :c:
Rahane
Raina
N Ojha :wk:
Shami
U. Yadav
Ishant
Aaron

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

PokerAce

Banned
On a slight side note the final 15 for the WC are announced tomorrow.

The only bit of news causing a flutter is that after Yuvi's super start to the domestic season, where is the top scorer right now, there is an outside chance that he could get into the side, despite not being part of the original 30.

However not taking into account this development, if I had to name the squad, purely from the 30 that were announced, this how it would look -

Dhawan
Vijay
Kohli
Rahane
Raina
MSD
Jadeja
Ashwin
Bhuvi
Md. Shami
U Yadav
---
R Uthappa (WK Reserve), Ishant, Mesut Ozil, Rayudu

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The only bit of news causing a flutter is that after Yuvi's super start to the domestic season, where is the top scorer right now, there is an outside chance that he could get into the side, despite not being part of the original 30.

See, this I wouldn't mind. He is being considered for some genuine FORM that he has struck in domestic cricket instead of nostalgia and past glory[DOUBLEPOST=1420472098][/DOUBLEPOST]
Dhawan
Vijay
Kohli
Rahane
Raina
MSD
Jadeja
Ashwin
Bhuvi
Md. Shami
U Yadav
---
R Uthappa (WK Reserve), Ishant, Mesut Ozil, Rayudu

Would be great to have that XI with Vijay as opener, but I am pretty sure it will be Rohit in place of Vijay.

Users who are viewing this thread