MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Matt, I can set up a google spreadsheet so that everyone can collaborate on that.
Regarding the cricinfo ID, I had looked at their scorecards earlier, and there doesn't seem to be any links with the IDs in the scorecards. A quick search later, I found cricbuzz.com using the IDs in their scorecards, and also, they were in a nice tabular form, which may make it easier for us to extract the scores automatically.
Do you know where the YQL player IDs come from? Considering that has a direct data feed for scorecards that might be the easiest one to implement.

I'm not attached to a particular provider, just as long as it'd be flexible enough into the future.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Yes that's it! YQL, thanks. I had looked it up long time back, but couldn't remember what it was called.
I found a cricket scores database in there, and downloaded some documentation which pertained to what we need, but my computer's crashed, and right now I have no way to access it unfortunately. I'll see if I can find the docs again.

I wouldn't be too concerned about whether there is a feed, or we have to extract data, both involve similar work.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Added some players, Will do a full list soon today.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Guys you just add playhers and leave the formatting on me.[DOUBLEPOST=1423204385][/DOUBLEPOST]@SixerBoy11 @SRT @Iridium and @Star Player join us, your help worth very much. :)

Greninja

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
Guys you just add playhers and leave the formatting on me.[DOUBLEPOST=1423204385][/DOUBLEPOST]@SixerBoy11 @SRT @Iridium and @Star Player join us, your help worth very much. :)
But how can i add player where is the forum[DOUBLEPOST=1423204572][/DOUBLEPOST]
It is very confusing very hard dont have time to find email id of cricketers :D

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Guys you just add playhers and leave the formatting on me.
Firstly, try not to break the rules over unnecessary use of the mention system and secondly there is no need for formatting - I need the three letter abbreviation of the country as listed on the first sheet.

I need data, not a fancy layout.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
But how can i add player where is the forum[DOUBLEPOST=1423204572][/DOUBLEPOST]
It is very confusing very hard dont have time to find email id of cricketers :D
That is not the email id, it is the yahoo cricket id id as exampled by Abhas on Pg 3.
Firstly, try not to break the rules over unnecessary use of the mention system and secondly there is no need for formatting - I need the three letter abbreviation of the country as listed on the first sheet.

I need data, not a fancy layout.
OK but now there isn't any need of abrevations as if you'll type a letyter the full form would sraight away appear. :)

Firstly, try not to break the rules over unnecessary use of the mention
Sorry, I just wanted to involve as may members as possible to finish this sheet as soon as possible, Sorry once again.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
OK but now there isn't any need of abrevations as if you'll type a letyter the full form would sraight away appear.
I need the three letter abbreviation for the fantasy cricket system - putting in the whole team name means I need to edit it back to the abbreviation before putting it in the database.

Greninja

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
That is not the email id, it is the yahoo cricket id id as exampled by Abhas on Pg 3.

OK but now there isn't any need of abrevations as if you'll type a letyter the full form would sraight away appear. :)

Sorry, I just wanted to involve as may members as possible to finish this sheet as soon as possible, Sorry once again.
Same meaning i dont have time to search for yahoo id too and i am not i
On pc currently

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
I need the three letter abbreviation for the fantasy cricket system - putting in the whole team name means I need to edit it back to the abbreviation before putting it in the database.
OK, will keep in mind for further players. :)

Users who are viewing this thread