ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
West Indies looked awful yesterday. Zimbabwe and Ireland have a very good chance of beating them I reckon.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
And that's why we will see a team not belonging top 8s, making their way into the quarter finals.

S

Satan666

Well after yesterday's game, cant see West Indies making it to the next round. Good inns from Simmons, a mature one from him, disgusting bowling but think WI were always a 20-30 runs shy!

Hopefully Clive can inspire them to greatness.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Pakistan seem to be everyone's favorite to get in form. First India and then us. What a whirlwind knock by Gayle but hey, we do not know when he will click next. Marlon played amazing too though slow but it was the need of the hour for someone to hang around with Gayle at the other end.

What is best about this team is Taylor. He is bowling like he was never away from cricket. There was a point when he almost seriously considered retiring and here he is now bowling with pace and swing like he ever had.

Miller needs to bowl better than that. He needs to dominate the teams like Zimbabwe and that with both ball and bat if he wants to take the place of lead spinner in the WI for there are quite a few takers for the spot. Narine, Benn, Badree, Permaul, Bishoo et all. He has the chance to prove it while Narine is still sitting out. Once he is in, it will incredibly difficult for anyone else to grab the spot.

We should use this opportunity to give Carter the confidence to bowl at the international level. He should definitely get some overs under his belt. I feel it will do a world of good for him.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I am really pleased to see Jerome Taylor back to his best. Quality player and the Windies need some good pace bowlers again. Got the makings of a good attack.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Brendan gets a rough one but that will make the case for Miller even worse. Miller is bowling as if he was never an international material which is far from truth.

I am really pleased to see Jerome Taylor back to his best. Quality player and the Windies need some good pace bowlers again. Got the makings of a good attack.
Yes, now that we have someone we can look at and call him our able spearhead, we do have the potential. Rampaul has been bowling well domestically and all we need is Roach back at his best again. An attack comprising of Taylor-Roach-Rampaul-Narine-Sammy/Bravo/Russell-Holder looks quite good. I also think we need to find a regular place for Simmons. He is a fine bloke able to change gears and can be perfect #3. Marlon is a simple batsman but with more aggressiveness in batting so he can be at #4. I hope WICB and WIPA solve out there issues and we can see both Bravo and Pollard back in again.

According to me, the best team would be:

ODI

Dwayne Smith
Chris Gayle
Darren Bravo
Lendl Simmons :wk:
Marlon Samuels
Dwayne Bravo
Kieron Pollard
Ravi Rampaul
Sunil Narine
Jerome Taylor
Kemar Roach

Test (Beyond Chanders)

Kraigg Brathwaite
Chris Gayle/Adrian Barath
Leon Johnson
Darren Bravo
Marlon Samuels
Jermaine Blackwood
Denesh Ramdin
Jerome Taylor
Kemar Roach
Sulieman Benn
Fidel Edwards/Shannon Gabriel

War

Chairman of Selectors
Brendan gets a rough one but that will make the case for Miller even worse. Miller is bowling as if he was never an international material which is far from truth.

Yes, now that we have someone we can look at and call him our able spearhead, we do have the potential. Rampaul has been bowling well domestically and all we need is Roach back at his best again. An attack comprising of Taylor-Roach-Rampaul-Narine-Sammy/Bravo/Russell-Holder looks quite good. I also think we need to find a regular place for Simmons. He is a fine bloke able to change gears and can be perfect #3. Marlon is a simple batsman but with more aggressiveness in batting so he can be at #4. I hope WICB and WIPA solve out there issues and we can see both Bravo and Pollard back in again.

ODI

Dwayne Smith
Chris Gayle
Darren Bravo
Marlon Samuels
Dwayne Bravo
Kieron Pollard
Ravi Rampaul
Sunil Narine
Jerome Taylor
Kemar Roach

Test (Beyond Chanders)

Kraigg Brathwaite
Leon Johnson
Darren Bravo
Marlon Samuels
Jermaine Blackwood
Denesh Ramdin
Jerome Taylor
Kemar Roach
Sulieman Benn

Why let Simmons keep in ODIs when Ramdin is fine there? Russell got to be in their somewhere for sre

Not sure about Johnson as a international player, would be more inclined to look at Jason Mohammed and i'm sure Edwards days as a test bowler are over. Holder, Cummins, Beaton certainly ahead of him.

Somebody needs to get Barath back playing cricket and scoring runs, serious little talent just going to waste.

S

Satan666

Why let Simmons keep in ODIs when Ramdin is fine there? Russell got to be in their somewhere for sre

Not sure about Johnson as a international player, would be more inclined to look at Jason Mohammed and i'm sure Edwards days as a test bowler are over. Holder, Cummins, Beaton certainly ahead of him.

Somebody needs to get Barath back playing cricket and scoring runs, serious little talent just going to waste.

Barath is not even breaking into the T&T team. Not sure exactly what went wrong but I have noticed that he started goin downhill after IPL 1, possibly the 60 he made in one of those games at IPL 1 has messed him up.

Agreed Edwards is more or less done and dusted.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Barath is not even breaking into the T&T team. Not sure exactly what went wrong but I have noticed that he started goin downhill after IPL 1, possibly the 60 he made in one of those games at IPL 1 has messed him up.

Agreed Edwards is more or less done and dusted.

I now remember that Barath had actually asked to take a break from cricket before the start of this WICB domestic season.

S

Satan666

ODI

Dwayne Smith
Chris Gayle
Darren Bravo
Marlon Samuels
Dwayne Bravo
Kieron Pollard
Ravi Rampaul
Sunil Narine
Jerome Taylor
Kemar Roach

Test (Beyond Chanders)

Kraigg Brathwaite
Leon Johnson
Darren Bravo
Marlon Samuels
Jermaine Blackwood
Denesh Ramdin
Jerome Taylor
Kemar Roach
Sulieman Benn

Shannon Gabriel has alot of work to do still, just goes to show the poor standard of fast bowling in the caribbean these days. Other than leon Johnson there the batting lineup looks the best, any thoughts on Russel playing tests, last I heard Lloyd was looking at him![DOUBLEPOST=1424907902][/DOUBLEPOST]
I now remember that Barath had actually asked to take a break from cricket before the start of this WICB domestic season.

Oh, ok.

hawkeye

Club Cricketer
Given his bad back and how much he is being hampered by it how much longer can he play?

Chris Gayle's 215 against Zimbabwe was a mighty innings. Made off 147 balls with a record-equaling 16 sixes and abetted by 10 fours, it bespeaks a festival of power-hitting that is stunning even by today's standards. As he sometimes does, he began tentatively, and was, in fact, fortunate to survive a huge LBW shout that could have gone either way.

He had gone 19 ODI innings and 19 months without a hundred and there was a lot of talking, tweeting, and retweeting one by none other than West Indies Board President (WICB) Dave Cameron, who unwisely propagated a message from a fan stating that Gayle, in light of his most recent failure against Pakistan, should be offered a retirement package.

After his mammoth innings, Gayle seemed to suggest he used the incident, as well as unprecedented good wishes from fans, as motivation. "This is the first time since I've been playing international cricket that I have received so many messages," he said. "It felt like even my enemy wanted me to do well." And so there was rejoicing in the Caribbean and from Chris Gayle fans everywhere; the game's mightiest blade was back.

But was it really? Did his record-breaking innings mark a return to form or was it the last big snowstorm of a dying winter?

How Much Longer For Gayle-Force Winds

S

Satan666

Jason Holder: 'West Indies could be up there in five years' | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Got a lot of Graeme Smith vibes reading that, very well spoken, maybe this baptism by fire could prove just as effective. However, I don't necessarily agree with the 5 year projection of his, or Curtly Ambrose' 15 years, has to be somewhere in the middle.

Interesting to see if five years from now he himself become a mercenary for the IPL and alike leagues! If not WI will be a force to reckon with in both ODI and tests.

Users who are viewing this thread