West Indies Team Discussion

S

Satan666

They will loose in SRI but will show some semblance of competitiveness, the real embarrassment will come when they take that team to Australia. Its like I'm trying to understand what make Lloyd think he could pick that guy Chandrika to play test and he has no FC hundreds. Surely making a double duck in 1st test was enough to realize the man is not international standard.

And then why pick Dorwich who is a # 6 batsman for Barbados to bat @ # 4 in a test match. Its unbelievable self sabotaging selections.

Lloyd has always been biased against the players from Trinidad, even in his days as a player. So no surprise with his mental deranged selections.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Lloyd has always been biased against the players from Trinidad, even in his days as a player. So no surprise with his mental deranged selections.

Careful now my friend that is a highly inflammatory statement, that really isn't based on any facts.

During Lloyd's time Trinidad was the weakest performing team in the strong Caribbean domestic cricket - outside of batsman Larry Gomes & wicket-keeper Deryck Murray no other Trinidad player really earned the right to be picked in Windies team based on performance under Lloyd.

The man was a great captain and leader of men, lets not try come on baseless theories to question that - he is just providing to be a poor selector.

S

Satan666

Careful now my friend that is a highly inflammatory statement, that really isn't based on any facts.

During Lloyd's time Trinidad was the weakest performing team in the strong Caribbean domestic cricket - outside of batsman Larry Gomes & wicket-keeper Deryck Murray no other Trinidad player really earned the right to be picked in Windies team based on performance under Lloyd.

The man was a great captain and leader of men, lets not try come on baseless theories to question that - he is just providing to be a poor selector.

Maybe you're right but why are there less Trini players coming in since Lloyds on the section chair?

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They will loose in SRI but will show some semblance of competitiveness, the real embarrassment will come when they take that team to Australia. Its like I'm trying to understand what make Lloyd think he could pick that guy Chandrika to play test and he has no FC hundreds. Surely making a double duck in 1st test was enough to realize the man is not international standard.

And then why pick Dorwich who is a # 6 batsman for Barbados to bat @ # 4 in a test match. Its unbelievable self sabotaging selections.
Totally BEat mean and I agree why on earth does them see in Chandrika. |
Based on the Last WI FC Domestic Competition. I know these name may not be any good to, since everyone in Domestic was kind of Poor, but they all come better than Him.

L Johnson 17 Inning scored 689 Avg 43.06 - 2 Century and 3 fifties
R Chase 13 Innings score 534 Avg 44.50 - 1 Century and 2 fifties
Chandrika 15 Inning score 525 avg 35.00 - 0 Century and 5 Fifties

and what don't get me , What up with K Powell? Why our Coach and C Lloyd don't look at him and try to sort out that problem.

To be honest , Wi selection very very poor. I really wants to know what goes into C Lloyd head when he picks the team.

S

Satan666

Keiron Powell is out of cricket for personal issues nothing the coach or selector can do about that.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Keiron Powell is out of cricket for personal issues nothing the coach or selector can do about that.
K Powell Fell out with Leeward Cricket Board and then went off to Sri Lanka to play in there Domestic Cricket, When WI FC Tournament was going on. That why i have said, Selector or Coach could find out about the problem , Because the Board doesn't care much on improving WI cricket.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Maybe you're right but why are there less Trini players coming in since Lloyds on the section chair?

I believe and suspect they are being victimized for playing leading roles in the India tour pull out (Bravo, Pollard, Ramdin)

Narine stated recently he is not 100% confident to play tests with his new action which is why he hasn't played for WI in a while, i would expect to see him in SRI Tour ODI/T20 teams

Simmons is still a key part of ODI/T20 - but the new controversial WICB pay structure for tests (one of the key reasons for IND tour pull out) is offering less and Simmons don't want to play test for that reasons. But it could be argued that the previous selection panel before Lloyd never gave him a proper go in test cricket anyway.

Rampaul has his injury problems over the years - but at times I feel Windies selectors over-exaggerate how unfit he is and he doesn't play enough especially in tests.

grkrama

National Board President
Indian tour critical to Windies survival | The Trinidad Guardian Newspaper

It's sad state of affairs by WICB management. Bcci taking matches instead of money is pretty much what a third party can do. Wicb have to get moving on with the deal and make it.

I am also looking at the future of India and Pakistan and the BCCI seems to have severed ties with the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) as well. One is left to ask the question. “Who’s next?”

Another cheap shot by these so called journalists...we have hundreds of country men and soldiers dying everyday in cross fire at LOC and these guys expect the two countries to play a ball game ?

why the hell doesnt WICB send their team to pak and play ? why they haven't severed any ties right?

War

Chairman of Selectors
It's sad state of affairs by WICB management. Bcci taking matches instead of money is pretty much what a third party can do. Wicb have to get moving on with the deal and make it.

Another cheap shot by these so called journalists...we have hundreds of country men and soldiers dying everyday in cross fire at LOC and these guys expect the two countries to play a ball game ?

why the hell doesnt WICB send their team to pak and play ? why they haven't severed any ties right?

Regarding the IND & WI lawsuit situation, I get the impression that BCCI is still annoyed at WICB (especially president Cameron) & wants the money back. But they also must be aware that WICB cant pay back that 42 mill because they are broke and not touring Windies next year could cripple them.

Plus BCCI seems to have much bigger issues to deal with, the latest one being who is going to be president now that Mr Dalmiya has died.

On Pakistan, i don't follow politics that attentively in Asia - but what exactly is the issue with the IND/PAK governments now?

grkrama

National Board President
Regarding the IND & WI lawsuit situation, I get the impression that BCCI is still annoyed at WICB (especially president Cameron) & wants the money back. But they also must be aware that WICB cant pay back that 42 mill because they are broke and not touring Windies next year could cripple them.

Plus BCCI seems to have much bigger issues to deal with, the latest one being who is going to be president now that Mr Dalmiya has died.

I think its more of a a little ego struggle between BCCI and WICB regarding the players, but if its test im not sure how bravo or pollard fit in. Im sure BCCI is aware that WICB cant pay in money and even rember thakur saying that matches is the way it will be resolved.

Ya its a shocker the guy was said to be stable after the attack, he certainly did a lot for indian and world cricket while no saint he was preferable to the likes of NS or GC, cant see other leader figures for bcci now other than say sharad pawar or Anurag. NS might be thinking of some scoop too but unlikely to succeed.

On Pakistan, i don't follow politics that attentively in Asia - but what exactly is the issue with the IND/PAK governments now?

Its the same old issue, Pak wants kashmir, they resort to crossborder fire, suddenly attacking villages on the border which leads to skirmishes between the armies, plus aiding terrorists, plus the not so recent aiding of mumbai terror attacks on india etc.
One week, Nawab sheirff will be here for the PM's coronation, a couple weeks later there is a LOC skirmish. Recently i remember some general in pak blabbering their are ready to go nuclear against india or something. Their talks of peace are on hold with both India and afghan because of terrorist activities in these regions, that pak isn't able to control to add to that list.

The key i feel is Pakistan's PM or elected democratic leader rarely have full control or power over the army, its a deep rooted issue.I would say its the political state of pakistan one which doesn't check terrorism instead aids it, non regulation at the border, that India is against not Pakistan or the people themselves.

So that's the kind of stuff that's goes on cant really expect to have sporting ties in this situation.

Last edited:

PokerAce

Banned
I think the position of BCCI should be very simple. If I want money back from someone, I must ensure their financial stability. There is no point in a bankrupt bloke owing you money.

BCCI have every right to be very upset about the botched tour, but if BCCI has to get its money back, then WICB have to stay afloat, and that can only happen if BCCI go ahead with the tour.

So I will be surprised if the tour doesn't go ahead. Doesn't help either side.

PokerAce

Banned

I strongly urge everyone to follow the events closely, as its a proper Game of Thrones at the helm of BCCI. New claimants come forward and unlikely alliances are formed. Ganguly has taken over as the head of Cricket Association Bengal (CAB) which is in the East Zone. Meanwhile, Srini and Pawar, two big rivals so far, had a meeting, with Srini likely to back Pawar, help get the votes. Pawar has denied he wants to contest, but the meeting seems to suggest otherwise.

Meanwhile Anurag Thakur one of the most open anti-Srini board members is seeking numbers from the east Zone to back Rajiv Shukla, to defeat the Srini-Pawar faction that seems to be forming. Ganguly was asked now that he is heading CAB, how will he vote in the BCCI President election, and Ganguly said with a grin that the reporter was asking him too many questions, to then add that whatever is best for Cricket will be done.

Also Ind-Pak issue centres around Terrorism and Kashmir. There is cross-border firing nearly everyday, shelling near border regions that kill many in the villages near the borders. Then people like Hafiz Syed, who has been designated an International Terrorist by the United Nations, and the US has even placed a $10 million bounty on his head, and who was the person behind the Mumbai terror attacks in 2008. Well far from Pakistan capturing him and handing him over to India, Pakistan actually places no sanctions on him whatsoever. He is free to roam around their country holds public rallies, and so on. Similarly there is Dawood Ibrahim, another India's most wanted who has a safe haven in Karachi, if most reports are to be believed.

In light of all this, and much much more, the govt. of India is not too keen on having much ties with Pakistan, including sporting ones, and so India-Pak series don't happen on a bilateral level. Of course if you speak to Pakistanis they will have a whole bunch of their own grievances against India.

Last edited:
S

Satan666

Man WICB management are a waste, disgusting people really. Recently I have started agreeing with BCCI demanding money from them, Cameron and co are having town meetings babbling nonsense. Really the West Indies team are a joke and have been a while now, gone are the glory days of the 80s, for a team that redefined all cricketing roles and conquered the world for close to two decades they arent playing in the ICC Champions trophy! These guys won the first two world cup editions and had a test win streak of 11 now look at what they have become!

Users who are viewing this thread