West Indies Team Discussion

Givemeahug786

School Cricketer
Well until Sydney game WINDIES were , but India now number 1 in T20I format and WINDIES next . I am new here but soon I will post more in this regards.Scotland is number 10 and Afghanistan number 9

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Tony Cozier on whether Under-19 fast bowler Alzarri Joseph should be picked for West Indies | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

To talk about it, I would certainly put Joseph in the team with Taylor. Taylor has been our best bowler barring the Australia tour while Roach has lost his pace and got a niggle too last month so I would not take any chances. Even if Joseph does not do any good, he would have an invaluable experience of playing against top players and under someone like Curtly Ambrose and with Taylor who can teach him quite a lot about bowling which will be so very helpful for him given his young age and a possible long international career.

I would not even mind throwing Pope to the mix after a domestic season in the absence of Gayle. Pope has similar approach towards the game but I feel he needs few more matches under his belt before he can take on the best bowlers around the world.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
It genuinely looks as if the West Indies may not make it to the 2019 World Cup, assuming that there will only be ten teams competing.

The automatic top-eight qualifiers may well end up being made up of :aus: Australia, :ban: Bangladesh, :eng: England, :ind: India, :nzf: New Zealand, :pak: Pakistan, :saf: South Africa, :sri: Sri Lanka, which would leave a WCQ of :afg: Afghanistan, :hkg: Hong Kong, :ire: Ireland, :ned: Netherlands, :png: Papua New Guinea, :sco: Scotland :wi: West Indies, :zim: Zimbabwe and two teams from the WCL melting pot. In Asian (possibly even all) conditions, I would really fancy Afghanistan to be the best of those teams, meaning that WI will be fighting for the final remaining berth.

Scary times to be a West Indian cricket fan.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
It's really good to see that this generation of West Indian cricketers is beginning to come good; of course they're not perfect but they really do have the makings of a good Test side.

:wi: :bat: Kraigg Brathwaite
2280 runs @ 36.19 and 12 wickets @52.75 in 36 Tests

A truly obdurate opening batsman who, when he's in form, will bat for the length of a Test match should the opportunity present itself.

-

:wi: :bat: Kieran Powell
1198 runs @ 27.86 in 23 Tests

As much potential as he has, he doesn't look like being the answer at the top of the order. He's without a Test fifty since this match in 2012.

-

:wi: :bat: Darren Bravo
3400 runs @ 40.00 in 49 Tests

The Board needs to sort out its issues with Bravo, because no batsman in the West Indies has more potential than him.

-

:wi: :bat: Shai Hope
326 runs @ 19.17 in 9 Tests

Hope hasn't got many Test runs yet, but his 90 in this game showed how good he could be, as did his maiden international hundred.

-

:wi: :bat: Roston Chase
558 runs @ 39.85 and 12 wickets @ 62.83 in 9 Tests

Roston Chase is a player who stands up to be counted when his team needs him, and this has rarely been more evident than in the first innings of this Test.

-

:wi: :bat: Jermaine Blackwood
1128 runs @ 31.33 in 22 Tests

A perfect counter-attacking player, Blackwood is still only 25 years of age and will doubtless get more consistent with experience. And on a good day he can do this.

-

:wi: :wkb: Shane Dowrich
496 runs @ 31.00, 16 catches and 3 stumpings in 10 Tests

Not only is Dowrich a fighter, as he showed on debut, he's also an exceptionally tidy wicket-keeper.

-

:wi: :ar: Jason Holder :c:
931 runs @ 30.03 and 38 wickets @ 36.92 in 22 Tests

His overall numbers aren't spectacular, but he's a captain who's prepared to take on responsibility with bat and ball.

-

:wi: :bwl: Devendra Bishoo
82 wickets @ 37.68 and 486 runs @ 17.35 in 23 Tests
Once upon a time, he was the next big thing in spin bowling. Then for a long time, he wasn't. But he just might be again.

-

:wi: :bwl: Alzarri Joseph
11 wickets @ 32.45 in 4 Tests

He came with a lot of hype, but so far he's most definitely lived up to it.

-

:wi: :bwl: Shannon Gabriel
62 wickets @ 33.20 in 25 Tests

It took him a little while to grow into the role of Test spearhead, but Gabriel is fast, aggressive and ever more dangerous to batsmen.

S

Satan666

It's really good to see that this generation of West Indian cricketers is beginning to come good; of course they're not perfect but they really do have the makings of a good Test side.

:wi: :bat: Kraigg Brathwaite
2280 runs @ 36.19 and 12 wickets @52.75 in 36 Tests

A truly obdurate opening batsman who, when he's in form, will bat for the length of a Test match should the opportunity present itself.

-

:wi: :bat: Kieran Powell
1198 runs @ 27.86 in 23 Tests

As much potential as he has, he doesn't look like being the answer at the top of the order. He's without a Test fifty since this match in 2012.

-

:wi: :bat: Darren Bravo
3400 runs @ 40.00 in 49 Tests

The Board needs to sort out its issues with Bravo, because no batsman in the West Indies has more potential than him.

-

:wi: :bat: Shai Hope
326 runs @ 19.17 in 9 Tests

Hope hasn't got many Test runs yet, but his 90 in this game showed how good he could be, as did his maiden international hundred.

-

:wi: :bat: Roston Chase
558 runs @ 39.85 and 12 wickets @ 62.83 in 9 Tests

Roston Chase is a player who stands up to be counted when his team needs him, and this has rarely been more evident than in the first innings of this Test.

-

:wi: :bat: Jermaine Blackwood
1128 runs @ 31.33 in 22 Tests

A perfect counter-attacking player, Blackwood is still only 25 years of age and will doubtless get more consistent with experience. And on a good day he can do this.

-

:wi: :wkb: Shane Dowrich
496 runs @ 31.00, 16 catches and 3 stumpings in 10 Tests

Not only is Dowrich a fighter, as he showed on debut, he's also an exceptionally tidy wicket-keeper.

-

:wi: :ar: Jason Holder :c:
931 runs @ 30.03 and 38 wickets @ 36.92 in 22 Tests

His overall numbers aren't spectacular, but he's a captain who's prepared to take on responsibility with bat and ball.

-

:wi: :bwl: Devendra Bishoo
82 wickets @ 37.68 and 486 runs @ 17.35 in 23 Tests
Once upon a time, he was the next big thing in spin bowling. Then for a long time, he wasn't. But he just might be again.

-

:wi: :bwl: Alzarri Joseph
11 wickets @ 32.45 in 4 Tests

He came with a lot of hype, but so far he's most definitely lived up to it.

-

:wi: :bwl: Shannon Gabriel
62 wickets @ 33.20 in 25 Tests

It took him a little while to grow into the role of Test spearhead, but Gabriel is fast, aggressive and ever more dangerous to batsmen.

Shannon Gabriel is perhaps the last fastbowler from Trinidad and Tobago you'll see playing an international test for a very very long time to come.

Bluebagger

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Great win from the Windies. When I got up this morning for work and the game wasn't on TV I assumed Pakistan won but was pleasantly surprised to see West Indies smashed Pakistan. Hopefully they win the series now. I truly hope one day the West Indies become a strong test team again.

Users who are viewing this thread