dbc hacks: fearsome tweak v2.90 +minigame v0.03

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
this is a wonderful patch. i think - on high pressure - it might be a little too in favour of the bowler, but it's not far off at all.

what it gives most especially is you're thinking about your field - how many slips, a gully or not, gully and backward point?? And of course, the more you put in to catch the more gaps there are, so there's scores to be made too. THAT is a huge part of cricket that has been lacking in DBC because the slips were more or less cosmetic. now you have a real dilemma - if i put in an extra slip there's another gap, but i might get the wicket...

top top work franco.

Would you say playing on "high pressure" is the best? I'm yet to test that one extensively.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Played one more match yesterday was once again awesome experience..Like @blockerdave said we have to think about the fielding changes with this patch for sure..

Still no slip catches but the AI shot selection is realistic for sure..Too much leg gone for a six...On the leg with some bounce almost an edge to WK...Bounce on good length wider the AI tries slogging it over covers but swings and misses..

Would probably try with normal today and will share the experience..Mainly because on high the AI usually ends up all out in 20 odd overs..

grkrama

National Board President
@francobaldo1 is there anyway you can access fields, as in the field choice that the AI sets like say aggressive, normal, powerplay, defensive etc not necessarily the exact field but the mode its choosing, often in death overs the AI will choose aggressive fields with every body in, if we can just flick the switch to defensive at times like that and is it possible for you to tweak them accordingly or put it as an option in the patch so we can t set the field for AI?

D

Dutch

@francobaldo1 is there anyway you can access fields, as in the field choice that the AI sets like say aggressive, normal, powerplay, defensive etc not necessarily the exact field but the mode its choosing, often in death overs the AI will choose aggressive fields with every body in, if we can just flick the switch to defensive at times like that and is it possible for you to tweak them accordingly or put it as an option in the patch so we can t set the field for AI?
Exit, play as fielding team set your field and apply to all batsmen, save, exit, return as batting side....

chaman82

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
This...

Have u tried the save and exit option for setting the field. It works and has totally changed the game for me.

I set the field for ai to block my scoring areas and it's a awesome experience. Nice challenge while chasing and batting for both sides.
Also reduced run speed , acceleration, strength, so the outfielder don't run 2 quick and finding gaps are a little easy

grkrama

National Board President
Exit, play as fielding team set your field and apply to all batsmen, save, exit, return as batting side....

ya that works but im lazy :D plus it spoils the flow especially in tight chases, in FC it works like a charm!

Bluebagger

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is there any way to fix the spin where stock leg spinners to a RHB bowls in to the batsmen and the reverse for an off spiner? That in conjunction with this edge hack would dramatically change the game from the bowling side. I hope to test this over the weekend

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Has anyone tried for tests yet?

I'm playing 4-ball over test match on veteran.

It's ALMOST there. I'd've not tested the normal pressure but on high I think it's a little to in favour of the batsman. The edges you get are great and varied but what I have found is the batsmen don't deal with line as well full stop. In my current innings I've had 5 wickets only 1 from an edge, but 2 LBW & 1 bowled. They were great LBWs too.

I've got a well populated slip cordon at last so there are gaps and they score, but I think it's a little too much for the bowler. I will try on normal pressure later

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I'm playing 4-ball over test match on veteran.

It's ALMOST there. I'd've not tested the normal pressure but on high I think it's a little to in favour of the batsman. The edges you get are great and varied but what I have found is the batsmen don't deal with line as well full stop. In my current innings I've had 5 wickets only 1 from an edge, but 2 LBW & 1 bowled. They were great LBWs too.

I've got a well populated slip cordon at last so there are gaps and they score, but I think it's a little too much for the bowler. I will try on normal pressure later
Really? So different from playing ODI's then as bowling becomes favourable on high then..Gonna try an ODI on normal now..

Users who are viewing this thread