• Poll closed .

Alexei.

User Title Purchaser
PAK...
NZ....
LQ
QG
Sydney Thunder
It will be a shame if Argentina lose this, with the kinda star power they are having.
Yeah Colombia is pretty good in the cup
I cant believe what happened to Brazil and Ecuador Venenzula instead of Brazil

Alexei.

User Title Purchaser
PAK...
NZ....
LQ
QG
Sydney Thunder
Match for 3rd place : USA v Colombia
Final : Argentina v Chile

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Messi retires form international football, after the final loss to Chile.
Lost too many finals, unlucky.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Messi retires form international football, after the final loss to Chile.
Lost too many finals, unlucky.
I think it's just cowardly that he left like this. Wearing your nation's shirt should be an honour, not a weight. If he's a real leader, he should get up and take Argentina to victory. People blame Higuain for the losses, but what has Messi done in these 3 finals? Nothing.

Sami Kumar

Zananiya da Cheetah
PAK...
The Boys
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think it's just cowardly that he left like this. Wearing your nation's shirt should be an honour, not a weight. If he's a real leader, he should get up and take Argentina to victory. People blame Higuain for the losses, but what has Messi done in these 3 finals? Nothing.

Only if we knew what losing 3 consecutive finals feels like. No wonder players like Aguero, Lavezzi and Di Maria are considering retirement. If you really think he's a coward and not a leader, then why should he not retire? He feels he's not a great leader, so he retired. I don't know how that makes one a coward. I don't know what the media wants. When he loses a final, they call him a flop. When he retires and decides to give Dybala/Icardi a chance, they call him a quitter. He has rejected Spanish citizenship in the past just to win an International trophy with Argentina. Do you really believe he considers his national jersey a weight?
We've seen greats like Figo and Ballack end their careers without an International trophy, but does that mean they're not one the greats? I think not. I had to stay up all night to see the match, and I have to say that Messi and Banega were the best players on the pitch. The reason he didn't score is that he was surrounded by 4-5 players every time he got the ball. How can you expect a human to score if he's surrounded by 4-5 players? Otamendi had the chance to score a header, but he missed it. Higuain had two chances, but he couldn't score. Aguero had one, but he wasted it. Messi wasn't given a chance, but at the end of the day, he takes the blame. When the team wins, everyone is praised, but when they lose, it's Messi's fault. How much criticism can one take? The Argentine media has always criticized Messi. If I were Messi, I would do the same. Not everyone is thick-skinned. He's served his nation, yet Maradona keeps bragging about how great he was and how Messi will never reach his level. The truth is, Argentina doesn't deserve Messi.

People blame Higuain for the losses, but what has Messi done in these 3 finals? Nothing.

It's true that Messi chokes in the finals, but where were Higuain and Aguero in 2014? Where were Aguero and Higuain in 2015? People say he plays with world class players like Higuain and Aguero when he wins but forget that he plays with Higuain and Aguero when he loses. Had Dybala/Icardi played, Argentina would've won. I just hope they sack Tata and sign Simeone.

Messi has no one but himself to blame for that penalty miss. I don't think he needs criticism. I hope Cristiano ends his international career with a world cup or a euro. I'd hate to see him leave like Messi.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread