Pakistan tour of Australia (Dec 2016 - Jan 2017)

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
^Both of them was an epic collapse from us.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Starc : 56 overs !
Bird : 45 overs !
Hazlewood : 56 overs !
Fitness 10/10 :)
That's the only reason you have to be satisfied with your bowlers :D
I'm not too disappointed with the loss. At least we showed that we aren't as bad as people thought after the first innings.
When Australia have finished celebrating, they'll realise that their performance in the last innings was quite bad.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Pakistan really played well in 2nd innings. This is what happens when your most senior person plays and battles it out. It helps the youngsters around. Well play Younis. I am hoping he continues playing or else the next big inning we will see from him will be in next series given his trend.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
That's the only reason you have to be satisfied with your bowlers :D
I'm not too disappointed with the loss. At least we showed that we aren't as bad as people thought after the first innings.
When Australia have finished celebrating, they'll realise that their performance in the last innings was quite bad.
Except for Lyon everyone bowled well imo!

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Wonderful Test Cricket. A great battle by Team Pakistan. I don't think so fans are disappointed with the loss its the battle which carried out and in the end the Test Cricket Won. Strac bowled a beauty and deserved a wicket. Asad Shafiq performed more than the expectations from him and he gave a good wake up call to other senior batsmen from Pakistan. We all knew that Asad is no Inzy or Anwar, He performed well to what he is capabale of. What I like best about him is his solid batting technique and his temperament. He has been performing well for Pakistan at No. 6 spot for many years now in test cricket. I am not sure what role he can play in the One Day side though.

For the next match, I believe that we should do one off change, Inducting Sohail/Imran Khan in place of Rahat Ali. Sami Aslam should be given another chance and Misbah needs to have an aggressive approach during the bowling. He should take responsibility as well as a batting captain. He has got some serious technical faults playing in bouncy tracks. It was good to see Younis Khan scoring 65 runs but those were more like when you are out of nick and coming back to form. Pakistan played under tough conditions, three hours long night session as well as the conditions were overcast virtually when they played both in first and second innings. A well put show. Misbah and Mickey Arthur deserves credit to instill fighting spirit among men in green, something which even Wasim Akram failed to do in his tenure when they toured Australia back in 99/2000

The great Wasim Akram said two days ago that He is not disappointed with the batting, He is disappointed with a poor show in the bowling, Akram criticies Aamir and Wahab by saying that taking four wickets by giving away 100 runs each is not a good performance. Kind of agreed with him. It was nice to see praise from Australian Cricketers as well:

Steven Smith: "Lost all my fingernails. some game of cricket, wasn't it. Asad played an unbelievable innings. Was hardwork. Lot of credit to the way they played. Our quicks kept coming back, that wicket showed the class of Starcy. You've always got hope, one wicket away. They didn't give us a sniff until the end. Wouldn't have enforced the follow-on, to give our bowlers a rest. We've seen in day-night Tests, wickets fall under lights with the new ball. I'm sure the ratings would have been amazing as well. Nice to hit 'em, not sure what Yasir was doing there.:

Peter Handscomb: "Was pretty tight there toward the end. No such thing as an easy win. They really fought hard. Plenty of chat. We knew we were one wicket away from sealing it. Was all about the processes. Shafiq stuck to his guns, nearly got their team over the line."

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Good Game of Cricket! Let's see what happens in the next two matches!

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Absolute cracker of a match. This is what I always believe in - No harm in losing. Lose 5-0, no problem. But don't lose without putting up a fight.

I wanted Pakistan to win this (feels very strange to say it) but that is how well they fought back. It's a pity that it all ended with a non-existent run.

A "Baazigar" effort from Pakistan.

@Rehan_24 See? There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
@Rehan_24 See? There is light at the end of the tunnel.

True, but all were historical facts till Asad Shafiq showed some class and brilliance. I hope we take it towards MCG and Sydney but I am not sold out on the chant of an Australian Pakistani that both upcoming tests are ours... You got to play better than Australia to win the test matches against them. In the end, Australia has won the match but it was great to see the hard battle

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
@Umair2000 Shafiq might not be Tendulkar, but he´s certainly a better batsman than the whole Australian lineup, except Smith and perhaps Warner :)

Excommunicado

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
First of all, what a test match. What a fight.

To all those saying Asad is no Inzi - there's a difference between playing at home against Bangladesh and playing away from home against one of the best teams in the world on a ground where they haven't been defeated long than anyone can remember.

If Asad had gotten out due to a silly mistake, it would have been his fault but when you have the world's best bowler bowling at you, in perfect conditions for him, then you can't blame Asad but kudos to him for putting up a fight where the rest of the team pretty much failed.

The way the Aussies celebrated when they won showed how Pakistan had mentally scared them and how big of a relief it was. I don't think they celebrated that way when they won the world cup lol.

There's a lot to learn from this match. It's a moral win. We have 2 games to go - the series is still there to be taken. In shaa Allah, Pakistan will overcome Australia in the next two test matches and provide another thriller.

Let's go Pakistan!

Excommunicado

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
For the next match, I believe that we should do one off change, Inducting Sohail/Imran Khan in place of Rahat Ali. Sami Aslam should be given another chance and Misbah needs to have an aggressive approach during the bowling. He should take responsibility as well as a batting captain. He has got some serious technical faults playing in bouncy tracks. It was good to see Younis Khan scoring 65 runs but those were more like when you are out of nick and coming back to form. Pakistan played under tough conditions, three hours long night session as well as the conditions were overcast virtually when they played both in first and second innings. A well put show. Misbah and Mickey Arthur deserves credit to instill fighting spirit among men in green, something which even Wasim Akram failed to do in his tenure when they toured Australia back in 99/2000

I don't think we should bring Sohail Khan in, he isn't fit enough for Test cricket imo. He won't be 100% in the second innings. Imran Khan is a better option,

Misbah looked like he was finished when he was batting. He should call it a day after this series. And even though Younis did perform, there's no point of him continuing after this series. Fight like a champ and retire like a legend. Azhar, Sarfraz and Asad have shown that they can carry this team along. Once Misbah and Younis are gone, we will need someone like Fawad to stabilize the middle order and a young batsmen like Fakhar Zaman.

But for now, let's show the Aussies what we are capable of :p

Users who are viewing this thread