Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

ben1983

School Cricketer
What I normally do is press my length button so my player starts running in, I then press L1/R1 then press the length button again.
I don't think you need to press the length button again when running in, unless you wish to bowl a totally different length from first selected, i.e. a shorter ball at the last minute if you see the batsman advancing etc.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
I don't think you need to press the length button again when running in, unless you wish to bowl a totally different length from first selected, i.e. a shorter ball at the last minute if you see the batsman advancing etc.
I thought I remember @MattW saying you had too, could be completely making this up though.

ben1983

School Cricketer
I thought I remember @MattW saying you had too, could be completely making this up though.
Nah, I have used r1 or l2 (held until I pick length button) to adjust length, us left thumbstick to pick delivery type. Then coloured (xbox) to pick main length. When running in hold l2 or r2 for faster or slower delivery and can change main length during run-up (coloured button). Not sure if this I by the book but it is working perfectly, easiest to see with Yorkers, very full ( too full) or just short ( more successful). Also notice a difference with bouncers, you have to use l2 to get it over batsman's head. Hope this makes sense :thumbs[DOUBLEPOST=1485603306][/DOUBLEPOST]I do miss adjusting length with the right thumbstick though, felt a little more realistic to me, rather than the l1 and r1 buttons.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Tried another online smash tonight and was put off by the same guy bowling down leg side and appealing everytime, umpire shakes his head and never signals wide. That and I'm crap at slogging :yes

Maybe that's an exploit, i.e. bowl a wide & appeal, and if you appeal the umpire doesn't give you out.

It was rumoured to be an exploit in DBC14 , so I`m sure it made its way to 17 as well .

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It was rumoured to be an exploit in DBC14 , so I`m sure it made its way to 17 as well .

Never heard about the issue on DBC 14 and never faced anyone using the glitch while playing DBC 14 online. If the exploit had been there I definitely would've come across folks using it given the fact that I played nearly 800 matches online.

DeadShot

Club Captain
Started playing a test match with India against NZ.

Batting Difficulty: Custom
Bowling Difficulty: Easy
Match Difficulty: Pro
Pitch: Green with slight wear

AI batting was terrible. They were 78 all out in 1st innings and 7/39 in 2nd innings but then 8th wicket pair batted sensibly and added 60 runs.

3 to 4 wickets in 2nd innings was because of batsman trying to play aggressive/lofted shots. I have played few test matches till now and I see the pattern of first 3 or 4 wickets falls cheaply.

Anyone facing similar issue? Any workaround for this? Should we tweak batsman skills?

Alberts

International Coach
There's still quite a few fielding oddities in the game at this point. You can absolutely slam a ball at the ground and have the AI catch it with their palms facing at the found, and less than human reaction time from it being hit to caught. This is most notable off of caught and bowleds by pacemen, but I've seen it in shots against spinners with close in fielders as well.

LiamHampshire

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
only played a little bit of career mode since patch 3 but when i went down for a slog sweep i was delighted to see the short leg finally have the sense turn his back and actually act like he was having a ball smacked at him :)

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Started playing a test match with India against NZ.

Batting Difficulty: Custom
Bowling Difficulty: Easy
Match Difficulty: Pro
Pitch: Green with slight wear

AI batting was terrible. They were 78 all out in 1st innings and 7/39 in 2nd innings but then 8th wicket pair batted sensibly and added 60 runs.

3 to 4 wickets in 2nd innings was because of batsman trying to play aggressive/lofted shots. I have played few test matches till now and I see the pattern of first 3 or 4 wickets falls cheaply.

Anyone facing similar issue? Any workaround for this? Should we tweak batsman skills?

This is an issue that has been passed on from DBC14. It was repeatedly highlighted, yet it appears that nothing has been done to rectify it. It doesn't appear to matter whether a batsman is defensive or attacking they just keep going the aerial route which leads to cheap wickets.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
It might sound like a stupid question but I have just started my first career as an opener. Is there a way to increase your attributes such as judgement, fitness etc or we can only improve things like footwork, drives, cut and stuff?

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
It might sound like a stupid question but I have just started my first career as an opener. Is there a way to increase your attributes such as judgement, fitness etc or we can only improve things like footwork, drives, cut and stuff?
You improve your physical attributes by leveling up, you can't improve them any other way so get to work on those objectives!

DeadShot

Club Captain
This is an issue that has been passed on from DBC14. It was repeatedly highlighted, yet it appears that nothing has been done to rectify it. It doesn't appear to matter whether a batsman is defensive or attacking they just keep going the aerial route which leads to cheap wickets.
It is spoiling the fun. Cheap wickets making bowling less enjoyable. Something has to be done to increase the longevity.

Users who are viewing this thread