Bug Report Discussion

gogabutt

Club Captain
Honestly as far as offline is concerned, i am pretty content with the core gameplay except for certain bugs/issues which have been discussed at length and i believe will be looked at.

My major problem is OP batting. It is way too easy. See the video. I am playing at hard batting and legend difficulty. Note that jadhav is low in confidence as he has just played 3 balls. Still he is easily hitting sixes at will.

Try this and let me know if Jadhav can still hit 3 sixes in a row! It is going to really challenge your batting skills but if you stay calm you will eventually put some runs on the board. I found it perfect for odis. You will have to rely on 1s & 2s and occasional 4s. You will be able to hit aerial shots but most of the time those will be ended up getting caught.

- hard batting
- legend difficulty
- pace max 80
- pace bounce 60
- pace revolution 75-80
- pace swing 75-80
- spin turn 60
- spin bounce 55
- spin drift 60
- spin revolution 60
- ball traction 45
- ball bounce 55

gogabutt

Club Captain
True!

Also, there are no reviews from online except us giving our feedback. So he would probably lose fans buyibg his games. The only thing BAS have said about online mode is ”The most competitive online mode ever” that’s it, no more news in months :)

Why don't you start playing offline in the meantime until BA comes up with a patch to fix online issues. Who knows you may end up enjoying more offline than online stuff. I can tell offline is so much fun. Use these settings and double the fun

Try this and test your batting skills. If you manage to stay calm you will eventually put some runs on the board. I found it perfect for odis. You will have to rely on 1s & 2s and occasional 4s. You will be able to hit aerial shots but most of the time those will be ended up getting caught.

- No HUD circles around the ball (I hate them!)
- Pitch Marker On
- hard batting
- legend difficulty
- pace max 80
- pace bounce 60
- pace revolution 75-80
- pace swing 75-80
- spin turn 60
- spin bounce 55
- spin drift 60
- spin revolution 60
- ball traction 45
- ball bounce 55

GorgeousGeorge59

County Cricketer
Chaps, sprry if this has been discussed already, but has anyone had all their downloaded teams just go blank? I started a 10 over game, it crashed with the blue ps4 thing, i started up again and everything has gone.

Quite annoying really. Any suggestions on a fix?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Platform: PS4
Game Version: 1.05
Game Mode: Casual
Match Type: Any
Teams used: Any
Ground: Any
Issue: GAME CRASHES
Bug description (detail):
After selecting Casual type and in the controllers screen when pressed "X" button, game crashes. It started crashing after i did GET BEST for the teams, all international and some domestic.
Can you (or anyone else experiencing this on PS4) upload your Profile and Academy save data - see http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/data_system.html for steps on copying to USB and then upload the entire 'PS4' folder that it will put on the USB drive.

Alizafar538

School Cricketer
You could do what someone like @Acid Burn. Wait for others to review the online aspect before making the purchase? If you are telling me you bought the game just because there were no reviews and you "hoped" the issues were fixed, this is where your problem lies. And no, I do not agree that online gamers are looked down upon here on these forums and the online issues should be fixed by BigAnt, but there has to be a sensible way to put your issues across rather than ranting and shouting!

I don't want to be giving out lectures on marketing your product but just to say that the purpose of marketing your product is to seek attention and create interest. For someone like myself, game is already sold even if it ends up being some what like this. If we are talking about reviews then IGN gave 8/10 ratings to Ashes even before it was released in the UK so yes I did check the reviews but would have bought it regardless.

As a die hard cricket lover I do not have a luxury of picking up a different title as there isn't anyother in the market.

One thing I surely do not understand, what is the deal with the seniors on this forum very rightly said by someone above in one of the posts that you all show utter arrogance in your replies. Only reason I am posting here is that Ross or Matt or someone who has been beta testing this game might understand the pain points of the online users and fix the issues as soon as possible.

Alizafar538

School Cricketer
I have 2.4k people on my facebook group, out of which 100s of them play the game only online and a lot of them play offline as well. I have so many followers on my twitch account that follow the broadcasts of the game when I play. This is all to say that we are one of the channels of marketing the game to the wider audience as well. It all helps and there would be no one happier than myself if I go back to playing Ashes online once all the issues are fixed or atleast acknowledged and put in the pipeline for the future patches.

border33

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Please can somebody advise how Countback is calculated to decide drawn matches in career mode?

In one match my team were 145 runs behind with just one wicket left when the game finished but we won on countback. I’ve looked at other scorecards and can’t get my head around it.

Also in one match we scored about 568 and opposition got about 228 then followed on and got maybe 220-3 when game finished but result said we won by an innings and 7 wickets. I put that in the bug thread.

Many thanks
I’d say that the count back is the 1st innings result. That’s pretty much how it works in my local club cricket.

riteshagl

County Cricketer
Try this and let me know if Jadhav can still hit 3 sixes in a row! It is going to really challenge your batting skills but if you stay calm you will eventually put some runs on the board. I found it perfect for odis. You will have to rely on 1s & 2s and occasional 4s. You will be able to hit aerial shots but most of the time those will be ended up getting caught.

- hard batting
- legend difficulty
- pace max 80
- pace bounce 60
- pace revolution 75-80
- pace swing 75-80
- spin turn 60
- spin bounce 55
- spin drift 60
- spin revolution 60
- ball traction 45
- ball bounce 55
Will try

riteshagl

County Cricketer

- hard batting
- legend difficulty
- pace max 80
- pace bounce 60
- pace revolution 75-80
- pace swing 75-80
- spin turn 60
- spin bounce 55
- spin drift 60
- spin revolution 60
- ball traction 45
- ball bounce 55
I cant see spin turn and ball traction in the game. I guess by pace bounce u mean pitch bounce.

Attachments

• IMG_6765.JPG
    IMG_6765.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 6

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I have 2.4k people on my facebook group, out of which 100s of them play the game only online and a lot of them play offline as well. I have so many followers on my twitch account that follow the broadcasts of the game when I play. This is all to say that we are one of the channels of marketing the game to the wider audience as well. It all helps and there would be no one happier than myself if I go back to playing Ashes online once all the issues are fixed or atleast acknowledged and put in the pipeline for the future patches.

So not even half of your followers play online? Last time I checked a majority is 50% or more. Let's be generous and say 500 of them play online = that's only 20% or a little over a fifth. Why would Big Ant throw resources to appease one fifth of players when there are easier to fix bugs facing the other 80% of players? The game hasn't even been out a week yet...

It works (can you connect to another play and play a match?), it has issues, it's not the end of the world (hone your skills in single player). Otherwise, set up a gofundme page to get BA to host dedicated servers as this may help with a lot of the P2P issues being faced. Surely if there's as many of you as you claim, then it won't be a trouble raising a few hundred thousand dollars to get this sorted ASAP?

bl8000

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
For me personally if these 5 are fixed in 1.06 I will be so so happy...

1. The standard controls button bowling double press glitch

2. Back foot pull shot does not register well/seems to have a very small window for the animation to activate

3. With semi fielding my players seem to not worry about balls hit to the ropes that they are near, they jog, they don’t attempt to scoop them back or dive and prevent them going for 4. It’s so bad they even catch the ball short and still run across to give the opponent 4.

-- The fix would be to allow user input to enhance the semi-assisted fielding.
So if the AI is jogging I can press R2 and they should pick up the pace and if I am chasing a ball to the ropes if I press L2 they should dive.

4. The tour stats not updating in career

5. More aggressive running and even error prone running by the AI between the wickets, don’t think I have ever run them out in either DBC or this game yet

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Just another call out on this one -

There's a few reports of people who get a crash trying to start a casual match on PS4 after they choose a side. If you are getting this, please send through your save data - particularly the Logo Data and Profile. See http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/data_system.html for steps on copying to USB and then upload the entire 'PS4' folder that it will put on the USB drive.

Likewise, anyone who is experiencing an issue advancing their career, please do likewise with your Career save (as well as your Profile/Logo data).

Thanks.

D

Deleted member 185125

Just another call out on this one -

There's a few reports of people who get a crash trying to start a casual match on PS4 after they choose a side. If you are getting this, please send through your save data - particularly the Logo Data and Profile. See http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/data_system.html for steps on copying to USB and then upload the entire 'PS4' folder that it will put on the USB drive.

Likewise, anyone who is experiencing an issue advancing their career, please do likewise with your Career save (as well as your Profile/Logo data).

Thanks.
Hope you were able to access the zip file I shared.

Users who are viewing this thread