Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Which means 16th Jan is only for Aus/NZ :(

D

Deleted member 9102

PC Version will release later in 2018, as will all other regions than Aus/NZ.
Great news, thanks for the confirmation. Looking forward to playing that 2v2 doubles if it made its way in :p.

Here is the ITST site btw, I'm sure if the online play is good that there will be tournaments set up;
http://www.intertopspintour.net/?p=home&pf=xbpc&gc=XBPC

They have organised over 4000 tournaments for nearly all tennis games on various platforms since the original Top Spin in 2003, though the PC TE2013 tour is the only one left alive right now (but still very active, look at the rankings and number of tournaments played)... There was also a fantastic mod made for the game recreating courts/players/animations etc.

If you want some good minds who know their stuff and are passionate about tennis games, I suggest popping in to the Discord channel and talking to djarvik or Elias;
https://discord.gg/8G36gzU

Kind of like PlanetCricket for tennis games :D.

D

Deleted member 9102

More details on the game here:

https://www.bigant.com/all-game-list/ao-tennis/

@Madman, I've been beta testing Full Ace 17. Whilst not a huge leap forward from the old game, it certainly plays the most realistic tennis I've seen in a video game. It'll be released on Steam, but it might not be before the end of the year. So maybe it'll be renamed FA 18.
I saw a few videos from a fellow ITST member and wasn't that impressed with the animations, still looks very jerky with strange running anims. Hopefully they improve some more or are moddable (modders did a great job on TE stroke anims).

If you buy now do you get access to that beta and/or a Steam key or does it just buy the old version? I've never known so I've just held off.

I see you joined the Discord, they mostly talk about basketball lately but I'm sure some discussion about the new tennis games like AO will happen once some gameplay info/footage surfaces :p. Its mostly random chatter and used for tournament match PMs at the moment.

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Shame, hoped to play this with PC players from ITST. Seems strange that they'd release a cricket game on PC which appeals in piracy-rampant areas like India/Pakistan but not a tennis game which could sell pretty well in Europe/US.

There's always Tennis World Tour or TE4 coming up for PC I suppose.

twisti said it wil be for pc .. let see

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I saw a few videos from a fellow ITST member and wasn't that impressed with the animations, still looks very jerky with strange running anims. Hopefully they improve some more or are moddable (modders did a great job on TE stroke anims).

If you buy now do you get access to that beta and/or a Steam key or does it just buy the old version? I've never known so I've just held off.

I'm pretty sure that if you buy now you'll get the old version and a free upgrade to the new one. It's probably too late to get onto the beta test at this point. All your questions can be answered if you join the FA forum at:
http://forum.fullacetennis.com/viewforum.php?f=9

I can't say I've noticed any jerkiness with the animations. They're obviously not up to BA standard, but way the game plays makes up for that IMHO.

JoeS31

Club Captain
Excited for this, just a shame us lot not in Aus/NZ have to wait until March at the earliest.

Are PS4 games region free by any chance? :spy

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
AO Tennis Announced, Arrives in 2018

Licensed tennis game being served up by the developers of Ashes Cricket.
By Luke Reilly
Tennis Australia and Melbourne-based sports game developer Big Ant Studios have today confirmed their new tennis game: AO Tennis. AO Tennis will be the first tennis game officially licensed to the Australian Open.

Built in collaboration with Tennis Australia, Big Ant claims AO Tennis will be the first game of its kind to be developed using statistical match play data for each of the dozens of licensed players it will feature. According to the announcement, Big Ant has used data showing which shots the included players have historically opted to use in specific circumstances throughout their matches and has applied that data to their AI versions.

lg.php

“With previous tennis games, the world #1 would be challenging to beat, because his or her in-game attributes would be set to merely make fewer errors,” explained Big Ant CEO Ross Symons in the announcement. “That worked well at the time, but we’ve taken things to the next level.”

“In AO Tennis Rafael Nadal is the hardest player to beat because in game he plays like his real-life counterpart; he plays a game style befitting the #1 player in the world.”

Like Ashes Cricket, AO Tennis will feature 3D scanned player likenesses and authentic play styles, and it will also feature the extensive customisation options Big Ant traditionally includes in its sports series, like Rugby League Live, Casey Powell Lacrosse, and Don Bradman Cricket/Ashes Cricket. In AO Tennis we’ll be able to create our own players, sponsorship logos, clothing, and even stadiums to play in. The game will also feature an “in-depth career mode”, where players will need to work their way from being ranked 1500th in the world to number one.

AO Tennis will launch on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in Australia and New Zealand on January 16, 2018, just in time for the Australian Open. The game will be released globally in the first half of 2018, but specific dates for other territories are yet to be confirmed.

Source: http://in.ign.com/ao-tennis/116195/news/ao-tennis-announced-arrives-in-2018

Few interesting stuff there like dozen of licensed players and data for the type of shots they play under different situations in game which should make it more realistic.. Great info so far...Looking forward to seeing more of the game in the near future..

D

Deleted member 9102

I'm pretty sure that if you buy now you'll get the old version and a free upgrade to the new one. It's probably too late to get onto the beta test at this point. All your questions can be answered if you join the FA forum at:
http://forum.fullacetennis.com/viewforum.php?f=9

I can't say I've noticed any jerkiness with the animations. They're obviously not up to BA standard, but way the game plays makes up for that IMHO.
I've only seen videos in the ITST forum... I am usually well and truly gameplay>visuals, but the animations are what killed my interest in the past, though I saw this quote from the dev

"Potentially, I can open all anims to modding, although there will be some technical aspects to it. To be clear, anim modding isn't implemented yet, but I have all I need to do it so it should be pretty straight forward."

They don't need to be BA standard or even mo-capped - Lucian and other TE modders make amazing animations, examples here;
https://www.youtube.com/user/Lucian86/videos

If he made anims fully moddable and guys like that got their teeth into it, it would look infinitely better than it does now.

Last edited by a moderator:

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
will it be avalaible on psn worldwide? or only aus/nz. Would like to buy it for my cousin. Personally i will enjoy watching the streams, dont think i'll have
time to play it.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
16 January 2017 for Au/NZ only at retail and those with AU/NZ accounts for digital.

Later in the year globally.

Chahan Shah

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
16 January 2017 for Au/NZ only at retail and those with AU/NZ accounts for digital.

Later in the year globally.

Does Xbox lock the disks regionally?

If I can get a copy shipped to the US, can I play it or will the system not let me?

invisibleman18

Club Captain
Really looking forward to this. Tennis is my main sport so have been hanging out for a PS4 option. Any idea who will stock it in NZ? I assume Mighty Ape and EB Games although neither have it listed yet. Guess it's still early though.

Users who are viewing this thread