Pakistan's tour of New Zealand - Jan 2018

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
+1. Rizwan would be an ideal replacement for Sarfaraz. He has been performing nicely. He is one of the best WKs in the world. I think Rizwan would make it to the team sooner or later because he was traded for Sohail Khan by Arthur in PSL.

+Iftikhar (since being dropped from the team) has matured alot. I'd be glad if he replaces Hafeez in near future.
+Amir has to perform consistently. He hasn't taken a fifer in ODIs since his return. He takes just one wicket per game which is also of a bowler in the death overs (when everybody slogs ).

1. Why though?? Rizwan doesn't offer anything that Sarfaraz doesn't!!! The reason he was traded with Sohail Khan is most likely because Sohail has lost speed due to age.

2. Although I agree with replacing Hafeez if he isn't bowling, why not bring in someone like Haris Sohail or Imam who have been bench warming for the last couple of tours.

3. Amir isn't there to constantly take wickets. All games in the CT he was exceptional getting the ball to talk at the start, which resulted in wickets through Hasan Ali and Junaid Khan. He did a decent job against New Zealand, why would you want to replace him.

Are you seriously going to count those 5 against a piss poor SL side?

They are the stats! Sri Lanka may be a poor side but we went it with a new side (no Amir, Azhar etc.). Although we won all the games, Sarfraz was good enough to make sure the games didn't go down to the wire.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Shoaib Malik should be the captain. I personally feel.
Him being captain in the past didn't do much good to Pak cricket in the past, but why him of all people again?

Sarfraz has been doing a pretty good job, you can't just get rid of him as captain because of one match. Every team is bound to lose a few matches and win a few, that's just how it is.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
And again just after one loss we are talking about chop and change. I think this is the best team we can have except Hafeez, most of our players are young and the captain is still new, he will learn from his mistakes and so far I have seen Sarfraz as a quick learner. Yes bowling first was a wrong decision and that dropped catch probably cost Pakistan around 50 runs but still Fakhar fought well while batting, most of our bowlers did well but were somewhat unlucky. I am expecting this team to bounce back.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Ok, let's also not count Rohit's two 200s and T20 100? A win is a win, just like a record is a record
It may be so that a win is a win, but that 264 was unbelievable, but still even I wouldn't regard Kohli as a great captain even though his team whitewashed Sri Lanka in SL as well. Only that 200 from Rohit against Aus is really one that means the most out of all the knocks he played. Good point there but I don't know what you would get whitewashing a crap side like SL.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
It may be so that a win is a win, but that 264 was unbelievable, but still even I wouldn't regard Kohli as a great captain even though his team whitewashed Sri Lanka in SL as well. Only that 200 from Rohit against Aus is really one that means the most out of all the knocks he played. Good point there but I don't know what you would get whitewashing a crap side like SL.
Vindication that the CT wasn't a fluke win, and we've improved as a side. I can't remember the last time we whitewashed anyone

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I'd like to go with one change for tonight's match, Haris Sohail in place of Hafeez and Sarfraz should elect to bat first if we win the toss today. Pile up a score on the board and play on with your bowling strength to put NZ under pressure. Simple!

Shoaib Malik must prove that He can play a bit in tough conditions and carry the team's middle order. It's now and never for him for sure in the twilight of his career.

Last edited:

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
I'd like to go with one change for tonight's match, Haris Sohail in place of Hafeez and Sarfraz should elect to bat first if we win the toss today. Pile up a score on the board and play on with your bowling strength to put NZ under pressure. Simple!

Shoaib Malik must prove that He can play a bit in tough conditions and carry the team's middle order. It's now and never for him for sure in the twilight of his career.

Fully agree with switching out Hafeez with Sohail. If he isn't bowling, he shouldn't be playing. Sarfraz was very hesitant in using Shoaib as an extra spinner but with Haris we a getter a more rounded bowler than Fakhar Zaman.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Sarfraz needs to bat up at any cost, I have been saying this since quite some time. He should bat at No.04 while let Hafeez, Malik or anyone bat in lower middle order as a hard hitter. It will nicely round our batting as Sarfraz is useless in lower middle order.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
News is that Fakhar Zaman may not play today due to fitness issues.. Inzy must be dancing at the moment to see Imam Ul Haq :D

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Fakhar is in the league of its own in this batting lineup so he will be missed in this match. Time for the top 3 to step up, also it can result into a healthy competition among the selected openers.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I predict 5-0. Toothless batting by the top 3. They got away with it against SL, not here. Hafeez is looking good, but he'll throw it away as always. Sarfraz is batting way too low. It's remarkable that he doesn't know what type of player he is. If he is being forced to bat there, he should use his authority as captain.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
I predict 5-0. Toothless batting by the top 3. They got away with it against SL, not here. Hafeez is looking good, but he'll throw it away as always. Sarfraz is batting way too low. It's remarkable that he doesn't know what type of player he is. If he is being forced to bat there, he should use his authority as captain.

I reckon 3-2 to NZ. We seem out of our depth with NZ.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I reckon 3-2 to NZ. We seem out of our depth with NZ.
I'm beginning to lose patience with Azhar Ali :p
Malik has to come good in this series. His record outside Asia is not good.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Seeing the top 3 bat reminded me of the early 90 era of Ambrose and Walsh when Pak used to have 10 runs in 10 overs. I wont accept Azhar Ali as an Odi player, CT final was an exception, he is a good test player but a forced Odi opener which is even not fair with him. He doesnt have that thing of an opening one day batsman. He put pressure on the other end as well. Babar is looking in poor form lately and Malik is a batsman of flat tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread