Which smartphone company do you prefer

• Total voters

VDQuint

International Cricketer
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Apple V/s Samsung | Smartphone Battle

It is said that if you have ever used an iphone as a daily driver you will never leave it.
And the biggest reason is iMessage And iOS ecosystem.
https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F610955%2Fe2acd3f5-86b4-4f3c-a208-0fa02f9fe49c.gif

While on the other hand Samsung has created a Beast smartphones last year(S8 and Note 8)
that so many people moved on to samsung.
https://www.androidcentral.com/switching-iphone-galaxy-s8-easy

Reasons was :
people started hating same model every year 6=6s=7=8
Apple made things complicated after removing Headphone jack for airpods
Adding a notch on their very first oled flagship
New features in s8 like Iris scanner, DeX , Bixby

people still sticking with iphones due to
Scared of getting fired (Note 7 incidence)
Android is boring
Only 2-3 updates per year.
App store is way more better that play store due to more developers

So on which side are you ?
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
IMO Both are shit!

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
whatever it may be, android can never beat iOS ecosystem. A proud iPad user from the last 2 years.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Apple V/s Samsung | Smartphone Battle

It is said that if you have ever used an iphone as a daily driver you will never leave it.
And the biggest reason is iMessage And iOS ecosystem.
https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F610955%2Fe2acd3f5-86b4-4f3c-a208-0fa02f9fe49c.gif

While on the other hand Samsung has created a Beast smartphones last year(S8 and Note 8)
that so many people moved on to samsung.
https://www.androidcentral.com/switching-iphone-galaxy-s8-easy

Reasons was :
people started hating same model every year 6=6s=7=8
Apple made things complicated after removing Headphone jack for airpods
Adding a notch on their very first oled flagship
New features in s8 like Iris scanner, DeX , Bixby

So on which side are you ?
View attachment 203678

That's an imbalanced post. Post positives and negatives of Apple but only positives of Samsung??

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Ok this is a good topic finally on Planet Cricket to discuss on.I am gadget freak and when I say that I mean it. I have wasted literally thousands and thousands of dollars in buy using and throwing gadgets. I have used a lot of phones since I was allowed to have one I guess since 8-9 years. I was a core iOS or Apple hater up until 2014. So here is my two piece

Apple

Pros

1. If you have all apple products there is no match to the ecosystem. I have an iPhone, iPad, MacBook, iWatch and apple tv. My next purchase will be an iMac.
2. The customer service and the product quality is something no one can match. I am not just talking about phones burning but my 2013 Macbook in 2018 still looks and works like a brand new one as if I just bought it. Compare that to Windows and laptops become shit in just one year. Also please do not defend this as I have i7 current gen 16GB ram and 2 GB graphics windows laptop bought in 2016 and its so tweaking slow.
3. Any product that apple releases is for a specific audience. iPhone 8, 8 plus for people who cannot spend $1000 on an X. iPad Pro 12 inch for artist who want to draw and be creative, Macbook 12 inch for people like me who like to travel with laptop everywhere and be light and iMacs for the powerhouse industry.
4. Longevity and after support - As I mentioned earlier apple products last really long and hence a good resell value. If you want to buy a 2012-2013 macbook you still have to shell out 500-1000 dollars because its well supported by apple (OS is super light) and will be still good for another 2-5 years.

Cons

1. Now the major con is its APPLE, everything is expensive. But hey what is not these days?
2. They tend to not go with flow (this can be a PRO too). Take fingerprint sensors for an example.
3. For many its a bad thing that they experiment like @VDQuint said removal of headphone jack. I say its ok for me.
4. Phones get slow once new is released(Admitted by apple)

Samsung

1. The features Samsung has in their phones are pretty cool and futuristic
2. The changes they make are visible and worthy for an upgrade.

but thats it...

Cons

1. They rush phones into the market.
2. Although there are plenty of features half of them are not even used or worthy.
3. The tablets suck! In order to compete in phone market they dont focus much on tablets.
4. Phones become slow

To be honest Samsung for Android phones is the worst brand. If I had to prefer an Android device, I would go for Google Pixel. That phone along with Razer is one hell of a beast.

VDQuint

International Cricketer
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Ok this is a good topic finally on Planet Cricket to discuss on.I am gadget freak and when I say that I mean it. I have wasted literally thousands and thousands of dollars in buy using and throwing gadgets. I have used a lot of phones since I was allowed to have one I guess since 8-9 years. I was a core iOS or Apple hater up until 2014. So here is my two piece

Apple

Pros

1. If you have all apple products there is no match to the ecosystem. I have an iPhone, iPad, MacBook, iWatch and apple tv. My next purchase will be an iMac.
2. The customer service and the product quality is something no one can match. I am not just talking about phones burning but my 2013 Macbook in 2018 still looks and works like a brand new one as if I just bought it. Compare that to Windows and laptops become shit in just one year. Also please do not defend this as I have i7 current gen 16GB ram and 2 GB graphics windows laptop bought in 2016 and its so tweaking slow.
3. Any product that apple releases is for a specific audience. iPhone 8, 8 plus for people who cannot spend $1000 on an X. iPad Pro 12 inch for artist who want to draw and be creative, Macbook 12 inch for people like me who like to travel with laptop everywhere and be light and iMacs for the powerhouse industry.
4. Longevity and after support - As I mentioned earlier apple products last really long and hence a good resell value. If you want to buy a 2012-2013 macbook you still have to shell out 500-1000 dollars because its well supported by apple (OS is super light) and will be still good for another 2-5 years.

Cons

1. Now the major con is its APPLE, everything is expensive. But hey what is not these days?
2. They tend to not go with flow (this can be a PRO too). Take fingerprint sensors for an example.
3. For many its a bad thing that they experiment like @VDQuint said removal of headphone jack. I say its ok for me.
4. Phones get slow once new is released(Admitted by apple)

Samsung

1. The features Samsung has in their phones are pretty cool and futuristic
2. The changes they make are visible and worthy for an upgrade.

but thats it...

Cons

1. They rush phones into the market.
2. Although there are plenty of features half of them are not even used or worthy.
3. The tablets suck! In order to compete in phone market they dont focus much on tablets.
4. Phones become slow

To be honest Samsung for Android phones is the worst brand. If I had to prefer an Android device, I would go for Google Pixel. That phone along with Razer is one hell of a beast.
Thanks for this much interest!
Seems like all the tech lovers are getting closer on pc. org

Really agree with the thing that windows os gets buggy as you keep using it. Nobody can beat apple in optimizing os.
It still takes 4-5 mins to boot up my laptop even with high ram 8 gb. (After disabling all the the non sense apps except antivirus on startup )
Also I really hate these preinstalled softwares by manufactures Like who wants a Question mark(Support assistance) on taskbar
Tasks.png even after disabling it auto starts on next boot.
And the all new things which windows calling fluent design is a straight copy of iOS and OS X blur designs.(One of the reason I like iOS)
Well there are lot of points to talk about but maybe tomorrow.
See you soon..

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Windows boot ups - urgh. Solid state drives help but really..?

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Now the major con is its APPLE, everything is expensive
Not a con at all. Apple makes its product for a specific market. The Apple iPhones were always made as a premium option. They don’t build their phones so that they shoul be economical. Its expensive cause its premium.[DOUBLEPOST=1516329368][/DOUBLEPOST]
iOS and OS X blur designs.
True. They look just too tweaking awesome. Not only windows but samsung also straight away has now copied that design. Their newest UI looks way to similar to Apple in terms of Blur Designs.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Also the number of updates Apple gives is pretty amazing. I have an iPad Mini. And I have been consistently getting updates from the last 2 years. Started with iOS8 and now I have iOS 11.

As i write this, I have another update available.

48FFF6E5-56FF-427A-826B-602B5FFF73DE.jpeg

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
To be Frank Samsung is shit in the sub $300 market. I would go for a OP5T rather than waste my money of Samsung A series.

Samsung has got a lot of fame in the last two decades but they are literally misusing that give third quality material to the mid to budget range people. A Xiaomi Redmi Y1 is by far better than the crap Samsung offers in the range.

On the other hand, Apple. They do good things too but they charge around 20% higher than the actual worth for the cut Apple!

VDQuint

International Cricketer
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
To be Frank Samsung is shit in the sub $300 market. I would go for a OP5T rather than waste my money of Samsung A series.

Samsung has got a lot of fame in the last two decades but they are literally misusing that give third quality material to the mid to budget range people. A Xiaomi Redmi Y1 is by far better than the crap Samsung offers in the range.

On the other hand, Apple. They do good things too but they charge around 20% higher than the actual worth for the cut Apple!
You are right. But letme tell you why all people hate samsung mid range phones.

Samsung always focus on their biggest smartphones like series s and note. So they try all they can to put all the tech softwares and own ai etc.
But when they make cheap smartphones like a and j series they just put limitations to it like you s note, s voice, s memo even s music, air view.u can never run these apps without s series. Even with designs all the blur effects will never available if you use cheap series. It all depends on samsung experiance version. So people gets frustrated for getting only basics. If you ever have to buy samsung device buy only of s and note series you will know why samsung is also best in security and features update. Also dont expect any android update very soon since they keep it pending until their new flagship comes live.

Also it is not that big shit if you have watched its bixby and air view you might change your mind.
Coz bixby is so much better than any other ai
Like it can even unlock your device by telling her pin. It is so much connected with its software.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Also it is not that big shit if you have watched its bixby and air view you might change your mind.
Coz bixby is so much better than any other ai
Like it can even unlock your device by telling her pin. It is so much connected with its software.

You don't spend ₹70-80,000 every year on a smartphone bro! That's why I'd pick a Xiaomi or Moto in the segment. I can unlock my phone through fingerprint, voice, password, and pin which costed me only 15k two years ago. Also has a fluent Google assistant!

VDQuint

International Cricketer
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
You don't spend ₹70-80,000 every year on a smartphone bro! That's why I'd pick a Xiaomi or Moto in the segment. I can unlock my phone through fingerprint, voice, password, and pin which costed me only 15k two years ago. Also has a fluent Google assistant!
Exactly, if you are looking for a budget phone samsung is wrong choice since they put limitations on their own softwares.
Mi is a good choice but i will never trust a chinese company even browsers like uc whenever my antivirus scans my pc uc gets uninstalled.
Moto is better over mi only if you like stock android.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Exactly, if you are looking for a budget phone samsung is wrong choice since they put limitations on their own softwares.
Mi is a good choice but i will never trust a chinese company even browsers like uc whenever my antivirus scans my pc uc gets uninstalled.
Moto is better over mi only if you like stock android.
I certainly do. I hate Samsung for the thing they offer. They also throw a lower end Chip. If I got to buy a flagship I'll go with pixel.

Users who are viewing this thread