abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just like when he was the captain, India's losses, Mumbai's traffic and global warming are all Dhoni's fault. It was also fashionable then to be critical of him for selecting blokes from CSK.

To clarify, I respect a lot of your posts and enjoy them as well. But, this one is far out south. What could MS have done last innings? He started with a six and was striking at above 100 and then Iyer got out. Pandya soon followed and India were in peril of being bowled out and not playing 50.

I agree. He couldn't have done anything much because his style of play just doesn't suit the no.4 position. I have immense respect for MSD and I am a big fan. And I would be the last guy to blame him unnecessarily or bring up useless rubbish like him favoring CSK players when he was captain. But I have been following his game as much as anyone else, and he is just not the same MSD he was 3-4 years back. Forget his last innings. What about the innings before that? Or the series before that? Barring a couple of flash in the pan innings where we saw the old destructive MSD, it has been similar innings.

He comes out to bat, defends a few. Then tries to carve out singles but keeps on finding fielders, especially if he comes out in the middle overs and spinners are operating. He is just not fit for the sheet anchor role. Players cannot play around him if there is no strike rotation. And he is unfit for the finisher role as well now.

Compare him to the top no.3-no.4's around the world - Joe Root, ABD, Ross Taylor, Steven Smith, Kohli, etc. and then please tell me with complete honesty that MSD of today is on the same level as these guys as a batsman. He just isn't in the same tier. We need free flowing batsmen who won't choke the innings from one end.

The issue is, his keeping skills are top notch for ODIs which makes him a certainty in the XI and playing him below no.4 makes no sense. And no one else is grabbing the opportunities at no.4 anyways. So he cannot be replaced and the team has to play around his limitations. I personally hope we get to see the free flowing MSD of old and I would have myself some humble pie happily

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Manjrekar is someone who gets on my nerves. Acts as someone who knows it all and has done it all himself which always gets him to talk all the rubbish he does![DOUBLEPOST=1518518312][/DOUBLEPOST]Why Manish Pandey is being overlooked is beyond me. I seriously don't see Iyer breaking into the XI at a position which will be comfortable for him.

Mijurkat

Mystery Monarch
India
CSK
Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Why Manish Pandey is being overlooked is beyond me. I seriously don't see Iyer breaking into the XI at a position which will be comfortable for him.

1. I think Manish Pandey lack self belief.
2. Relationship with Kohli
3. Mandey is bit introvert like Rahane.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The people like.Sanjay Manjrekar, Deep Dasguptha are all self proclaimed experts who just talk trash all the time. The 4th umpire show (pre-match show) was always my first choice before these made their debut in commentary and experts team. Now these people have occupied Star Sports Studios and will always be their first choice experts. :facepalm

Pity.

S

Satan666

South Africa won the toss and elected to field.

Good choice always to have the spinners bowling last could be tricky in a day/night encounter.

Lets go PROTEAS!!!!!

Mijurkat

Mystery Monarch
India
CSK
Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
South Africa won the toss and elected to field.

Good choice always to have the spinners bowling last could be tricky in a day/night encounter.

Lets go PROTEAS!!!!!

Lets go INDIA !!!
Beware of Rohit & Kuldeep.

Last edited:

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Rohit is again building some pressure for himself. Rotating the strike would help him build some confidence. More pressure, more desperation would lead to offering an easy wicket to SA.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
A lot of unnecessary flak given to Rohit on this board.

For some reason, Kohli believes he's test material and for some reason us Indians feel he's useless.. He's an absolute top drawer limited overs batsman. I feel Dhawan is also a must in ODI's but not T20's.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I agree. He couldn't have done anything much because his style of play just doesn't suit the no.4 position. I have immense respect for MSD and I am a big fan. And I would be the last guy to blame him unnecessarily or bring up useless rubbish like him favoring CSK players when he was captain. But I have been following his game as much as anyone else, and he is just not the same MSD he was 3-4 years back. Forget his last innings. What about the innings before that? Or the series before that? Barring a couple of flash in the pan innings where we saw the old destructive MSD, it has been similar innings.

He comes out to bat, defends a few. Then tries to carve out singles but keeps on finding fielders, especially if he comes out in the middle overs and spinners are operating. He is just not fit for the sheet anchor role. Players cannot play around him if there is no strike rotation. And he is unfit for the finisher role as well now.

Compare him to the top no.3-no.4's around the world - Joe Root, ABD, Ross Taylor, Steven Smith, Kohli, etc. and then please tell me with complete honesty that MSD of today is on the same level as these guys as a batsman. He just isn't in the same tier. We need free flowing batsmen who won't choke the innings from one end.

The issue is, his keeping skills are top notch for ODIs which makes him a certainty in the XI and playing him below no.4 makes no sense. And no one else is grabbing the opportunities at no.4 anyways. So he cannot be replaced and the team has to play around his limitations. I personally hope we get to see the free flowing MSD of old and I would have myself some humble pie happily

Will get back to you on this brother.. tad busy to type a lengthy one.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
A lot of unnecessary flak given to Rohit on this board.

For some reason, Kohli believes he's test material and for some reason us Indians feel he's useless.. He's an absolute top drawer limited overs batsman. I feel Dhawan is also a must in ODI's but not T20's.
They were showing a stat about Dhawan in Eng, SA, NZ and Aus and I was seriously surprised to see him averaging close to 52 in about 40 odd matches which is really brilliant from him. Has also scored 7 hundreds there. So yeah he is an absolute must in ODIs.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I rate these couple of innings from Dhawan far higher than his CT exploits. There's intent in his batting and he's scoring runs on worse wickets against better attacks. Top quality stuff. I know he's gone for 34 but this is how you need to bat in limited overs now.

Users who are viewing this thread