India tour of South Africa

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Rahane was very lucky to get run out and we are unlucky. Because he would have anyway got out trying to slog.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The story of India's ODI lineup: a tortoise-like middle comprising the likes of Rahane, Iyer, Dhoni.

200% India will not go far in the World Cup next year with such a lineup. Opposition teams need to start taking notes right now - put India into bat and watch them self destruct.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Dhoni at this position is pointless. We will be lucky to get to 270 now

Hardik Pandya's beginners luck is fizzing out now. He is average with the ball and its been 7 games since he contributed even a little bit to the team's cause with the bat[DOUBLEPOST=1518530975][/DOUBLEPOST]
Opposition teams need to start taking notes right now - put India into bat and watch them self destruct.

Its like, barring Kohli, no one in this team has any idea on how to pace an ODI innings.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
What an inspired spell from NGIDI .. delightful to watch as a neutral, which I am not :spy

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Dhoni will now bat slowly because he won't have confidence in the upcoming batsmen to take it to the cleaners. And by the time he goes for the cleaners, it will be well past it.

We have just been lucky to be in a position where we cannot lose this series. I somehow wish Faf and ABD were available in the first four ODI's. A series defeat for us wouldn't have been bad for us in the long run. I am really sure we will treat a 3-3 scoreline as a victory for ourselves and not look to change. :facepalm

What an inspired spell from NGIDI .. delightful to watch as a neutral, which I am not :spy

I am not able to bring in my CSK love here while watching Ngidi bowl like this. :D

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
Seems like a tough pitch to bat on. Ball isn't hitting middle of the bat quite easily. But, since Rohit Sharma got a hundred we should call it a flat track and rate this bowling as worst ever.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Dhoni will now bat slowly because he won't have confidence in the upcoming batsmen to take it to the cleaners. And by the time he goes for the cleaners, it will be well past it.

Cant blame him either. The next 4 hardly inspire any confidence. We will be lucky to not get all out at this stage. Pandya/Dhoni/Bhuvi/Kuldeep/Bumrah/Chahal as the bottom 6 is an awfully weak lower order[DOUBLEPOST=1518531570][/DOUBLEPOST]
Seems like a tough pitch to bat on. Ball isn't hitting middle of the bat quite easily.

That is actually what the report said. It is not an easy wicket to bat on and 250 was the par score. I was surprised when we got off to a flier. I don't think we will be able to defend 270 odd though. Especially if it rains

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
On a slightly side note - I think there is definitely a case for either Ashwin or Jadeja to return back to the ODI lineup in order to shore up the lower order batting. More so Jadeja! It will all depend on how both Ash/Jaddu go in the IPL. If they have a really good IPL, they could definitely push for a comeback. Its obvious the team does not rate Axar Patel very much (seeing that he doesn't get any games).

B

Bigby Wolf

One really have to feel for Dhoni these days its easy to blame him for not going berserk and for not taking out the helicopter but the reality is he does not have a quality batter at the other end to do that like he used to have Yuvraj or Raina for majority of his career. The middle order is piss poor to say the least and it has been failing for quite some years now and its baffling to see for an International side like India.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I feel like Jadeja and Pandya are around the same level as far as ODI batting goes. So I can totally see a case being made for Jaddu replacing Pandya if he continues to FLOP like this

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Seems like a tough pitch to bat on. Ball isn't hitting middle of the bat quite easily. But, since Rohit Sharma got a hundred we should call it a flat track and rate this bowling as worst ever.

The way Rohit batted in the first four games, its so obvious that the pitch was way less helpful for bowlers and helped him. I don't care about the sarcasm, Rohit Sharma is a big FTB and if he gets a big one, it means the pitch is very helpful for the batsmen.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
One really have to feel for Dhoni these days its easy to blame him for not going berserk and for not taking out the helicopter but the reality is he does not have a quality batter at the other end to do that like he used to have Yuvraj or Raina for majority of his career. The middle order is piss poor to say the least and it has been failing for quite some years now and its baffling to see for an International side like India.

I do. I have total sympathy for him on this account. But you also have to see what he has done so far in this innings. Not a single shot has been timed. He usually connects the pull shot perfectly, but he just doesn't seem to be quick enough to go for that short arm jab or swivel pull. The Dhoni of 2-3 years back could place the ball perfectly for 2's if the boundaries were not coming. He just seems to have lost that part of his game

Seeing him shuffle around the wicket so much is so uncharacteristic of his batting.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I feel like Jadeja and Pandya are around the same level as far as ODI batting goes. So I can totally see a case being made for Jaddu replacing Pandya if he continues to FLOP like this

Nope. Jadeja for one of the spinners. Jadeja and Pandya play in the same XI. If one fails, can hope the other one succeeds. In England, I think we can play Pandya for his military medium pace and play Jadeja as one of the two spinners (the other one should be a toss up between Kuldeep and Chahal).

Users who are viewing this thread