LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Narine has done it. He's probably the best and experienced super over bowler.

Shahid Afridi had some fierce there. Should had faced another ball it would've won it for Karachi.

I think it was kinda gamble to play Simmons in front of Narine. They both know each others trick.

I can finally sleep :p

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What a game of cricket. The no-ball from Shinwari and the end from Lahore. I may be a Karachi supporter but don't mind losing such a great game to Lahore. Funnily enough, Lahore still have a glimmer of hope to make it into the top 4.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
What a game of cricket. The no-ball from Shinwari and the end from Lahore. I may be a Karachi supporter but don't mind losing such a great game to Lahore. Funnily enough, Lahore still have a glimmer of hope to make it into the top 4.
Nope. They were eliminated yesterday.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Probably the best match of entire PSL tournaments so far. Nervy, Nail-biting and exciting as ever. What a bad decision of Simmons not taking a single. Afridi could have won it, Nevertheless, He should open the batting with Ingram rather. Lahore woke up quite late in the tournament but its great to see now that they are competing well.

PS: Strange to see Ravi Bhopara coming out in post match ceremony as a stand-in captain. While I was seeing Afridi took charge in place of Imad in the last two overs. If Imad isn't fit for next game, I'd prefer Afridi to be as Captain rather than Bhopara.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Probably the best match of entire PSL tournaments so far. Nervy, Nail-biting and exciting as ever. What a bad decision of Simmons not taking a single. Afridi could have won it, Nevertheless, He should open the batting with Ingram rather. Lahore woke up quite late in the tournament but its great to see now that they are competing well.

PS: Strange to see Ravi Bhopara coming out in post match ceremony as a stand-in captain. While I was seeing Afridi took charge in place of Imad in the last two overs. If Imad isn't fit for next game, I'd prefer Afridi to be as Captain rather than Bhopara.
Lahore could've won at least 2 from their loses. The very first game and the game against Islamabad. But they were mentally kids.

Afridi captained the side after Imad was out. But I think he, Babar Azam and others went for Imad. That's why Bopara came in to talk

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Lahore could've won at least 2 from their loses. The very first game and the game against Islamabad. But they were mentally kids.

Exactly, Lahore has more than one games at their hands. They lost matches due to some cricketing stupidity otherwise the points table would have been even more exciting at this stage. Even If Lahore wins rest of its matches, The owners of Qalanders will remain in dilemma about their team and management staff for the next edition in 2019 because before these two wins, the suggestions were that in the next PSL, Owners should change the entire coaching staff, team and captain, build up a brand new team altogether.

My personal suggestions for Qalanders are keep Aqib as head coach and Akhtar as bowling coach. Have a new captain, Take some good players from the domestic structure as well as a couple of good foreign players, Get rid from Umar Akmal immediately and most importantly work more on the emerging talent than advertising your jazz rising stars talent work.

Last edited:

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
To add more, I was watching a local sports show where I saw how unfairly ex-senior and junior cricketers were settling their personal scores by criticizing the coaching staff particularly Aqib Javed for the demise of Lahore team in this PSL. They ignored that its the Captain who is most responsible for the ground job. Coach makes a plan and strategize and Captain's as well as players job is to execute that plan on the ground. Surely, Aqib would not have said to batsmen that please attempt slogging in every ball even if your score is 70/1 in 5 overs..... Its the players own mistakes which made it happened most.

Aqib's track-record in coaching staff has been very good both nationally and internationally and he is one of the premium local coaches who are qualified for this role as of I know.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Ok... The match between Lahore and Karachi raises few questions for me.

The last ball, which later was a no ball. Sohail Akhtar was caught out. They ran one. If the run did not count, then why was the strike changed? And if the run was counted, Lahore won it already.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Ok... The match between Lahore and Karachi raises few questions for me.

The last ball, which later was a no ball. Sohail Akhtar was caught out. They ran one. If the run did not count, then why was the strike changed? And if the run was counted, Lahore won it already.

Users who are viewing this thread