West Oval [Answered]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluebagger

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Silly question, but what is the real life ground for West Oval? Is it supposed to be Newland's?

Also, is Sussex Oval supposed to be The Oval?

edit Before mods move this to the general discussion I asked in there and got no response so maybe nobody saw it

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Silly question, but what is the real life ground for West Oval? Is it supposed to be Newland's?

Also, is Sussex Oval supposed to be The Oval?

edit Before mods move this to the general discussion I asked in there and got no response so maybe nobody saw it
I think you are correct in both. I have always thought West Oval looks like Newlands.

Bluebagger

International Coach
I think you are correct in both. I have always thought West Oval looks like Newlands.
Me too since Cape Town is in the West and has the mountain backdrop but the grandstand seems totally different but I guess the name and location make it more subtle as opposed to some of the more obvious ones

D

Dutch

The interesting thing is that The oval is in Surrey , not Sussex! Perhaps even saying Surrey is too close for comfort?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The interesting thing is that The oval is in Surrey , not Sussex! Perhaps even saying Surrey is too close for comfort?

It's in Kennington, which while historically part of Surrey, since 1855 is part of London. [HASHTAG]#nerdklaxon[/HASHTAG]

Bluebagger

International Coach
I’m not really up to par on my English geography but the Sussex name threw me off I would have expected Kennington (I’ve always heard of it as The Kennington Oval) it Surrey oval (isn’t it the home ground for Surrey?)

D

Dutch

I’m not really up to par on my English geography but the Sussex name threw me off I would have expected Kennington (I’ve always heard of it as The Kennington Oval) it Surrey oval (isn’t it the home ground for Surrey?)
Yeah it is Surrey's home ground.....I think they just threw in the Sussex, which is next to Surrey to avoid any issues although it is obvious what it is!

imported_beatle

Club Captain
Sussex Oval resembles Trent Bridge in Nottingham.Manchester Stadium looks more like The Oval.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread