ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Afridi could have easily won the game for Karachi.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Lahore lost most of their games due to brain fades. I think owners should be very careful before taking knee jerk decisions. T20 format is such that it can absolutely make you look miserable even for 3 seasons. It's a format that just doesn't let you get back in it.

As far as changing the captain goes? McCullum is a damn leader, not just a captain. You see what he did with NZ cricket.. If you've picked him, back him and the results will come. The coaches in my opinion are absolutely fine as well. Most of the barking outside happens to occupy those seats themselves because of the money involved. The prime example of this is Shastri. When he was ignored for Kumble he was all over the shop criticising anyone/thing he saw..

One thing I will advise the LQ- Sunil Narine is NOT a batsman. Definitely not against local/international PAK bowlers who will find him out in a giffy.. Just keep him as an off spinner and if he happens to contribute with the bat at 8, then great. But his job is 4 overs 2/3-25

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Lahore lost most of their games due to brain fades. I think owners should be very careful before taking knee jerk decisions. T20 format is such that it can absolutely make you look miserable even for 3 seasons. It's a format that just doesn't let you get back in it.

As far as changing the captain goes? McCullum is a damn leader, not just a captain. You see what he did with NZ cricket.. If you've picked him, back him and the results will come. The coaches in my opinion are absolutely fine as well. Most of the barking outside happens to occupy those seats themselves because of the money involved. The prime example of this is Shastri. When he was ignored for Kumble he was all over the shop criticising anyone/thing he saw..

One thing I will advise the LQ- Sunil Narine is NOT a batsman. Definitely not against local/international PAK bowlers who will find him out in a giffy.. Just keep him as an off spinner and if he happens to contribute with the bat at 8, then great. But his job is 4 overs 2/3-25
What they need is a Malik-type player in the middle order who can steady the ship as well as hit big when needed.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
So happy to hear that Lahore had moved Umar Akmal away from the Lahore side. Next stop for Multan - move Shehzad away from the XI.
Saif Badar would've done a better job than him, today's duck notwithstanding

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
McCullum is a damn leader, not just a captain. You see what he did with NZ cricket.. If you've picked him, back him and the results will come.

Agreed. But since his retirement his batting has taken a major hit. He is no longer than opener that could get you 50-60 in 20-30 balls as he once was. Maybe its the lack of quality cricket being played by him or that Pakistani bowlers have worked him out and have a strategy.

Edit: He is not going to be of any use to RCB either.

Salman.

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Good to see that Butt has increased his pace. With some power training he can improve it further. With today's bowling performance, Multan should consider changing their bowling options. I actually do not like foreign head coaches because they are unaware of the local talent. Just setting up a Pakistani guy with them doesn't help.
Plus, I would love if Faheem develops some swing.

Salman.

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Quetta has also qualified for the playoffs. This should be a nice chance to try out the guys on the bench. I really want to see Saud, Saad, Mir and Azam and others playing.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Who's suggestion was to induct Whiteley in Multan Sultans? He was all over the place, MS is clearly lacking in a balanced combination. After 4 wins, they are collapsing like Lahore Qalandars big time. I was surprized by looking at the face of Wasim Akram, He was very worried on the bench when ISB was smashing MS bowlers all over the park. The decision to bowl first was a bad decision anyway. I think the names in bowling are big but the performance is not upto the mark. MS has mostly "The chalaa hua kartoos" players at the moment.

Shehzad is doing like a poor form Imran Nazir at the moment, Even Imran was way better as he used to hit one or two sixes before getting out, but this guy is the worst form of modern day tuk tuk these days. Its sad, Immediately drop him to teach him a lesson. All he does is his fake styles and zero performance.

I'd have also suggest dropping Sanga but unfortunately they dont have any choice other than him to have an experience campaigner to support. I had a feeling that Junaid if given a new ball, could get rid of Ronchi early. MS need to come up with some new surprizes if they qualify for playoffs. Ronchi sets the mood for the game.

The funny thing is that batsmen are struggling to hit Sami (One of the most expensive bowlers Internationally) Pollard showed how easy it was to chase the total had Shehzad, Sanga and Malik won't panic.

Last edited:

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Agreed. But since his retirement his batting has taken a major hit. He is no longer than opener that could get you 50-60 in 20-30 balls as he once was. Maybe its the lack of quality cricket being played by him or that Pakistani bowlers have worked him out and have a strategy.

Edit: He is not going to be of any use to RCB either.

Exactly, Two years backing is more than enough I believe. Its time to change gear and have a New Captain with some fresh changes and getting rid of some viruses.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
The Shehzad criticism is valid. Have you guys ever thought where it stems from? You persist and promote people like Azhar Ali and that washed up Hafeez. It has basically set a template in Pakistan to be praised as hell if you can do a Sr of 110-120 while the ROW strikes at 150-200 consistently.

I made a conscious effort of following the PSL this time because I care about PAK cricket and I can see 2-3 players of immense talent who can become really fabulous batters. I think someone has to work with Azam. His base is just so fluidic and strong that all it needs is a year in the gym to transform him. There's another batter by the name Salman in LQ who also has a superb base to begin with. He also needs some gym time and while not as much as Azam, he needs to be guided in the head. He has the shots, he needs to rotate better and bulk up a bit. The worst thing you can do is heap praise on him and destroy him. He has talent but the knocks he has played are not earth shattering. Mohd. Rizwan from KK. I think he not only has talent but also a heart to win big situations over. I'm not saying he should replace Sarfaraz but there are plenty of keepers these days who play as batters. I think this kid has some serious ability. Please leave Zaman alone.. he isn't sound technically but you don't need that in LOI. I feel he is an absolute beast at the top..

Bowling? It's quite envious to see local talent turn up and bowl bloody fast at the death. Usual suspects like Amir and Hasan aside there have been a few good looking quicks. Surprised to see Junaid blow so hot and cold.. And what is with these left arm spinners and leg spinners? There must be at least 20 of them in total?

PAK just need to find these batters and help them grow. Their biggest example is Kohli. He was not that different to Azam when he started.. The right people in the right hands-

Overall, good to see the PSL. I think it's unfair to compare it with other leagues as it's too young. I saw Waqar Younis say it has the best bowling in the leagues which is rubbish because the IPL is leaps and bounds ahead in all departments minus having the PAK bowlers. But is it the best lot of bowlers in only the third season? Hard to argue.. PSL must be played in Pakistan soon. I think time has come we all bury the ghosts and move on and give the country a fair chance. PCB and PAK govt. must ensure that security is paramount because any casualties now will mean the death of PAK cricket.[DOUBLEPOST=1521008591][/DOUBLEPOST]And for the love of god.. I really request- No more Hafeez/Azhar/U Akmal. Please!

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Heaps of praise is the culture in Indo/Pak, The fans and media plays a huge part in it. I'd differ as far as Shehzad was concerned, Umar Akmal, Hafeez and Azhar were the victims of un-necessary praise while Shehzad deserved it when he first came but later internal conflicts and his own attitude perhaps killed the talent it seems... These days he is just in a worst form ever. Seems he has forgotten how to hold the bat.

Agree on the best bowling part, Waqar's statement was surprising. I guess PSL is too young for this claim to have best bowling attack among all leagues however IPL has missed Pakistani unique talent tarka for sure particularly with the likes of Afridi's immense popularity and left-armer pacers :)

On a general note for PSL, I'd suggest keep the talent in 6 teams only, dont plan for 10 or 12. If you really like, Keep it 8 but dont go beyond that. Collection of talent in six regional based teams was the idea of Imran Khan for the past decades and its now implemented in the form of PSL with modern adaptations. However, Four day Cricket and domestic games must be planned better than what they are currently to get good talent for one day and test matches.

Salman.

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Umar Akmal, Hafeez and Azhar were the victims of un-necessary praise while Shehzad deserved it when he first came
Akmal's start was great too. Umar Akmal scored a century in his first test innings followed by a half century in the second. Averaged 59 in his first 10 test innings. Scored a half-century and a century in his 2nd and 3rd ODI innings. Smashed Australian bowlers on different occasions. So, basically Umar deserved the praise too.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
To add more, On contrary to Azhar, I dont think he became victim of any un-necessary praise in any format. To put the record straight, He has been under-praised in his test career for sure. He hasn't gotten the credit of being so good in that very format so far. His stats are speaking themselves. Have scored centuries in crunch situations and even in the tough tour of Australia under tough situations. I remember a great article by Osman Sammuiddin on Cricinfo it was something like "Meanwhile Azhar Ali" where he mentioned how Azhar didn't get enough praise of the great work he is doing. Silently reaching new peaks to his test career. For his one day career, He was victimized by the board and coach perhaps by appointing him as captain straight after 2015 World Cup, He must had no choice but to accept the offer and later when Sarfraz came in, he had no choice to resign on board orders, So it was not good on him to give him a position in the format he always struggled to make a place.

Users who are viewing this thread