Australia tour of South Africa 2018

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Back to cricket though, who do you think is a fine replacement for Rabada? Do you think they're done with Morkel?

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Back to cricket though, who do you think is a fine replacement for Rabada? Do you think they're done with Morkel?
Steyn has been declared unfit for the 3rd test so definitely Morkel will replace Rabada.
Even though Morkel has not bowled well in this series but SA can't compare him to Morris or Duanne Olivier.
He is far better than those two.
I'm actually happy looking how well this last series is set up for Morkel now.
He has nothing to lose even if he plays bad or risks any injury after the series.
Then why not go all out.
He can also generate speeds like Rabada.
Would love to see him bounce Aussies out with his height advantage.
Beating them in their own game.What a sight it would be
I'm still hyped for the rest of the series

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I would try some young blood considering Morkel is done after this. Although, that might be a bit unfair to a player who's devoted his career to the country. Difficult one. On second thought, I'd let Morkel finish off the series. Just seems like he's earned it.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I would try some young blood considering Morkel is done after this. Although, that might be a bit unfair to a player who's devoted his career to the country. Difficult one. On second thought, I'd let Morkel finish off the series. Just seems like he's earned it.
Ngidi is possibly the best ideal option to replace Morkel. He has impressed and bowled real well against India and in this 2nd test against Aus. This kid has been fantastic. There are others as well who could form part of the SA attack, such as Phehlukwayo with his bowling and guys like Junior Dala who have nice pace and control. There are plenty of talented pacers in SA.

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Hopefully marsh isn't out for the 3rd test. If an allrounder has to come in I'd go with Cartwright or Stoinis. Khawaja or Shaun Marsh should be out and Handscomb can come in. Although Khawaja scored 71 in a losing cause, he hasn't performed when it's mattered

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Hopefully marsh isn't out for the 3rd test. If an allrounder has to come in I'd go with Cartwright or Stoinis. Khawaja or Shaun Marsh should be out and Handscomb can come in. Although Khawaja scored 71 in a losing cause, he hasn't performed when it's mattered
More than the Marsh brothers, currently Khawaja is the weakest link in the team
Even in recent ashes every other batsman was able to score runs but he always got out to anderson or broad.
And even the commentators know he can't play spin.
Moreover he is already in his 30s
So Australia should look out for a young talent rather than giving him chances which he never grabs onto
Not everyone is like Chris Rogers who gets picked up in international test team in the 30s and performs so well till his retirement.

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
More than the Marsh brothers, currently Khawaja is the weakest link in the team
Even in recent ashes every other batsman was able to score runs but he always got out to anderson or broad.
And even the commentators know he can't play spin.
Moreover he is already in his 30s
So Australia should look out for a young talent rather than giving him chances which he never grabs onto
Not everyone is like Chris Rogers who gets picked up in international test team in the 30s and performs so well till his retirement.
They could even bring put bancroft at 3 open with Renshaw and have Handscomb at 5. Time to get rid of khawaja

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just realized that SA, despite being 266/8, have a good chance of adding 40-50 runs or more tomorrow given that they bat till no.10 in Rabada. He is no mug with the bat.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
I don't think I'd ever actually seen a batsman carry their bat in a Test before Cook did it in the Ashes recently. Now thanks to Elgar, I've seen it three times in three months, haha! What a brilliant effort!

B

Bigby Wolf

What an absolutely peach by Rabada to dimiss Warner who was going absolute berserk!

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
4, 4, 4, 6, 4, bowled is certainly an interesting approach to Test cricket for an opening batsman, haha!

Meanwhile, Steve Smith's recent record since his last Ashes hundred is 83, 56, 38, 25, 11, 5 - he's getting worse, haha!

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Not being reactionary but Smith is showing signs of a decline. Guess 2 or 3 years from now, he'll be fully finished. His reflexes are weakening and other aspects of his game aren't good enough for him to survive as an elite-level batsman. Hope I'm wrong but his time as a top batsman could very well be over. He's showing the same signs Ponting did around 2007 and Amla around 2014-15.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Eh? He just scored 687 runs at an average of 137.40 in the Ashes a few months ago? I know our bowling isn't great in those conditions but give him some credit! :lol

Users who are viewing this thread