LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Squad is good. Happy for the youngsters. But Fawad's exclusion is shocking! After seeing Inzamam announcing the squad, he was asked few questions about Wahab Riaz and M Amir as well and few others (including fawaf) It is clear that liking and disliking is happening.[DOUBLEPOST=1523785581][/DOUBLEPOST]I just hope we don't struggle against Ireland.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Imam-ul-Haq's FC average : 34.
Fawad Alam's FC average : 54.
Being Inzi's nephew helps.
Also, how was Mir Hamza dropped for Rahat Ali, who was awful last time we toured outside Asia?

Last edited:

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I like the selection of both Rahat and Abbas, they can be very handy in seaming conditions.

Salman.

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Imam-ul-Haq's FC average : 34.
Fawad Alam's FC average : 54.
Being Inzi's nephew helps.
Also, how was Mir Hamza dropped for Rahat Ali, who was awful last time we toured outside Asia.
The spot was not between Fawad and Imam, it was between Saad and Fawad, Saad got it because he had outperformed Fawad in the most recent QEA and is younger than Fawad and he may also have impressed the coaches/selectors.
And for Rahat, maybe he got the nod because of his experience and better pace.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The spot was not between Fawad and Imam, it was between Saad and Fawad, Saad got it because he had outperformed Fawad in the most recent QEA and is younger than Fawad and he may also have impressed the coaches/selectors.
And for Rahat, maybe he got the nod because of his experience and better pace.
4 openers? It's clear that Imam got the nod over Fawad because of his uncle.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Its overall a good balanced squad. The only pathetic decision full of favoritism is the inclusion of Imam. Inzy is riding high these days with his major goal to settle Imam for Test and ODI format. Fawad deserved a chance there for sure. Too bad Inzy... Too bad....

It also seems that selection power is divided between Mickey and Inzy while Sarfraz is just busy getting angry on boyz all the time on the ground.

Last edited:

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am a little bit worried about Pakistan going into this series against England. I fully understand why Wahab Riaz has been dropped but he is the highest wicket-taker over the last 3 years in Tests for Pakistan and with Yasir Shah out of the count, Pakistan need some players to raise their hand. Let's not forget that Shadab is by no means a Test bowler yet, his first test he was all over the park.

Batting seems thin without Misbah and Younis and with the inclusion of Imam (who hasn't even proven himself in domestic) nor Sami Aslam, makes me a little worried.

My XI for the first test against Ireland:

1. Fakhar Zaman (most experienced opener)
2. Babar Azam (only because I don't want the likes of Imam and Sami Aslam)
3. Azhar Ali
4. Asad Shafiq
5. Haris Sohail
6. Saad Ali
7. Sarfaraz Ahmed (+) (c)
8. Faheem Ashraf
9. Shadab Khan
10. Mohammad Abbas
11. Mohammad Amir

Three seamers, two spinners (Shadab and Haris) and a deep batting for those British tracks!

I am quite excited that they're coming to the UK again so soon after the last tour, I might have the chance to go seen a game or two!

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Honestly what a joke. Inzimam, please don't insult people's intelligence by claiming your nephew was picked on merit. He might still turn into a good player. But the fact he gets the nod now is nothing but nepotism and people with half a brain understand that. It's also a joke that they feel the need to make a statement like, "there are better players than Fawad" but do not lay out on what grounds that is true. Because there are no grounds, and that's just objectively false. The guy already has a century in test cricket and he's only played 6 innings.

I'm not going to attack anyone personally, but when our cheif selector puts on those clothes he sports for whatever theatrics he feels is necessary to portray an image of honesty, he should remember what that word means instead, and not insult people's intelligence. No one believes you sir.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_...players-fawad-last-three-years-inzamam-ul-haq

Important news-piece. Inzy made quite justifications here. However, I ponder over that one player (which is Imam) gets selected on the basis of fitness and improvement solely upon the decision of Mickey and Sarfraz, While Saad got preference over Fawad on the basis of statistical averages. What is the criteria here? Averages, Fitness or both? Doesn't Fawad earn a recall based on three things, Form, Fitness and Experience? in conditions like England?

The other question, How in the world Inzy remained Mum over the selection of Imam? His job is to be neutral rather than taking sides or staying quiet. A clear confusion here[DOUBLEPOST=1523955426][/DOUBLEPOST]

England's nightmare is over then

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_...players-fawad-last-three-years-inzamam-ul-haq

Important news-piece. Inzy made quite justifications here. However, I ponder over that one player (which is Imam) gets selected on the basis of fitness and improvement solely upon the decision of Mickey and Sarfraz, While Saad got preference over Fawad on the basis of statistical averages. What is the criteria here? Averages, Fitness or both? Doesn't Fawad earn a recall based on three things, Form, Fitness and Experience? in conditions like England?

The other question, How in the world Inzy remained Mum over the selection of Imam? His job is to be neutral rather than taking sides or staying quiet. A clear confusion here
Okay. Inzi is right about Saad. But why you've selected 5 openers? And you can't justify the selection of Imam and even Babar over the place of Fawad. To me he is your first choice over any other current Pakistani middle order batsman. Clearly Coach, manager and captain had the last words on selection. And also Haris Sohail remains unfit most of the time. What about M Amir? Mickey can't have double standards here.

Liking and Disliking is climbing the peak.

Users who are viewing this thread