India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That's the lineup I'd go for too. Markande's brain is easily picked by everyone now. Milne is too good to warm bench for a wasted slot of 8th batsman. Could do better than his past with the help of coach Bond, like rest of our fast bowlers have done so far.

We have been a good side since the beginning whose middle order can be fragiled with a little shower of slower balls. Need to sort it out before anything else goes wrong.
Mc has been more than what I expected from him. Fizz/Milne might be the toss and I say ADAM MILNE. We certainly missed Cummins. Every team has an X factor like Archer, Mujeeb, Rashid so on but there's certainly no one of whom the opposition would fear facing, Cummins surely was that man.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Standings prediction

SRH 20
CSK 18
RR 16
MI 14
KKR 14
RCB 12
KXIP 12
DD 10

Let's see what's the actual one!

My predictions:

1-SRH
2-CSK
3-MI
4-KKR

I can definitely see Mumbai making it. The way Punjab has played today and seeing their form, MI have the best chance of closing out Punjab at Wankhede (MI home game) on May 16th. And Mumbai's last game is on May 20th against Delhi who are already out. MI will win both their games and end up on 14.

For RR and KKR, Buttler is in brilliant form but a failure or two for him could put RR in a tough spot. It's almost a KXIP case for RR where they will need Buttler to continue firing. RR should likely win against RCB on 19th. Its the game tomorrow (KKR v RR) which is crucial. I think KKR will win tomorrow while RR will win 19th. I feel KKR will make it to that 4th spot.

KXIP will be left with a huge task to win against CSK away, in the last league game of the season. Though I have been pessimistic about CSK and its bowling this season, I see them as favorites against a KXIP who could likely be coming in pear shaped (more so if they are beaten by MI). I think KXIP will end up with 12 pts only and will bow out.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
My predictions:

1-SRH
2-CSK
3-MI
4-KKR

I can definitely see Mumbai making it. The way Punjab has played today and seeing their form, MI have the best chance of closing out Punjab at Wankhede (MI home game) on May 16th. And Mumbai's last game is on May 20th against Delhi who are already out. MI will win both their games and end up on 14.

For RR and KKR, Buttler is in brilliant form but a failure or two for him could put RR in a tough spot. It's almost a KXIP case for RR where they will need Buttler to continue firing. RR should likely win against RCB on 19th. Its the game tomorrow (KKR v RR) which is crucial. I think KKR will win tomorrow while RR will win 19th. I feel KKR will make it to that 4th spot.

KXIP will be left with a huge task to win against CSK away, in the last league game of the season. Though I have been pessimistic about CSK and its bowling this season, I see them as favorites against a KXIP who could likely be coming in pear shaped (more so if they are beaten by MI). I think KXIP will end up with 12 pts only and will bow out.

You've answered a few Q yourself. I don't see how you dismiss RCB against RR just like that. Their real challenge is the SRH game. The whole tournament is wide open. MI KXIP, KKR RR and RR RCB are all huge games. I think tomorrow's much billed game can be a washout. The biggest catch is that these teams playing one another means taking points off the table. KKR also have an SRH game which isn't the easiest one. KXIP have a CSK game which isn't a walk.

I think it's all about pressure. RCB have one thing going for them and that's that they're absolutely fearless. Same for MI now.

In my opinion, RCB are not done. They have a NRR only inferior to MI and if they win their two games they're 100% through. Same for MI. So any slip from KKR/RR and they are there to pounce. KXIP now have to win their two games against two highly successful teams without their main spin weapon. Things look most dire for them but hey, this is the IPL and all sorts of things happen.

My gut feel says a washout will play spoil sport in a final week where 3-7 are nip and tuck.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
If Punjab/KKR/RR win both their respective games then RCB and MI will be out. One of KKR/RR will lose tomorrow if a game happens and I for some reason don't see KXIP winning both. It's all just very interesting. RCB/MI can still sneak in if Punjab happen to lose a game. In fact, one of them will because the NRR of the other 3 are very poor.

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
If Punjab/KKR/RR win both their respective games then RCB and MI will be out. One of KKR/RR will lose tomorrow if a game happens and I for some reason don't see KXIP winning both. It's all just very interesting. RCB/MI can still sneak in if Punjab happen to lose a game. In fact, one of them will because the NRR of the other 3 are very poor.
Yeah the last 2 games really destroyed KXIP NRR

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Last week I was starting to think that this IPL will not be as close in the closing stages .. there seemed to be a stark difference between the top 3/4 and the bottom 3/4. Suddenly the tournament is wide open now. Only the top 2 spots are booked. Every game is crucial

And just as a side though, is this going to be the first IPL without points being shared for a match and without a super over match?

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Standings prediction:
SRH
CSK
KKR
RCB

I think KKR will make it because of their all-round quality. They've got a pretty balanced team when you look at it and have different profiles to shine in different moments. Whether it's going boom-boom in the powerplay, consolidating in the middle overs and going berserk at the end, they have players suited for all scenarios. Their bowling is alright too.

RCB have a similarly balanced side and probably the two best T20 batsmen on the planet to go with it. Their middle order can be a bit suspect at times but when you have Kohli and ABD, who needs a middle order? More importantly, their bowling has gone up leaps and bounds this season. They'll make it over MI.

MI arguably have the best squad out of all teams fighting for the two spots but they've made a mistake in playing Pollard so much and it has cost them games. I don't think they can make it past RCB, they don't have the momentum for that. Rohit Sharma's form is a bit of a disappointment too.

KXIP and RR have fought with courage in the first and second half of the season respectively but simply put, their squads and starting XIs lack quality and balance. For RR, it is a lack of batsmen in a very simple sense. They just have 5 or 6 recognised batsmen most of the time, this will backfire massively at one point or the other. KXIP have issues all over the XI and they should probably try bringing Miller to shore up their batting. Manoj Tiwary could probably play as well, he's your typical IPL veteran who can perform when needed. When they have Gayle in the XI, they're fielding with essentially 10 men. The other day he couldn't stop balls that were a few centimeters from him at short third man and gave up at least 3 boundaries as a result. That's 12 precious runs and a lot of momentum gone. That's the problem with him - if he fires, he fires in a massive manner. Otherwise he's a huge hindrance. RR's bowling is "okay", nothing more than that. KXIP have quite possibly the best captain in the tournament (or second best at a stretch) but their resources don't match up. They have just three bowlers of top 4 standard - Ashwin, Tye and Mujeeb. There's no chance teams make top 4 with such average bowling attacks (like in the case of KXIP and RR) unless their batsmen perform miracles, which is what Buttler/Rahul/Gayle have done.

Amidst all this, I've already said this before and will say it again - DD are a potential title-winning side if they can keep their batting core. If they can keep their top 6 and improve their bowling (they should primarily focus on this in the next auction, Morris coming back will help too), they'll make top 4 with ease and they'll be the favourites in one-off matches due to their fire power. I genuinely hope this team stays together and improves.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Interesting to see that each one of us have different ideas of who will be the 3rd and 4th teams to make it to the playoffs. I am not discounting RCB's talent, but they are coming up against the 'team of the tournament and title favorites' SRH (who must be hurting after their bowling failed in 2 consecutive game; the last of which ended in a defeat) and also against another team that has been on a rampage in recent games, RR. Both these games will test RCB's resources to the hilt. I do not rule anyone out, but I feel MI and KKR are best placed to make it to the playoffs considering the combinations and the oppositions they are going to face.

As others have said, its all 'too wide open' even now and anything can happen. I am just thankful (for my own blood pressure purposes) that CSK is not involved in this mad race to the playoffs. :D

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Ridiculous batting from Buttler! And a fantastic decision by RR to bring back Tripathi and put him right back at the top. They have already made a major positive move, one that could work for them big time.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I can't believe how ugly Rahane is looking while batting in this season. He doesn't seem to be there mentally. RR have got off to a flier here, thank goodness Tripathi is at the top! Hopefully Rahane doesn't suck out this tempo now and RR post a strong total here.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What a comeback by KKR, Kuldeep to be precise!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Tremendous the way KKR pulled back things after Buttler-Tripathi blasted RR to an astonishing start. Kuldeep has been stunning. And the captaincy from DK! Maybe a chance for KKR to lift their NRR and see if they can get close to RCB. And this game shows that if Buttler does not go on for a big score, RR are indeed in trouble.

Maybe Kushal, you are right and I was wrong! I think this should give RCB a good chance against RR. With Umesh in the form he is and with bowlers like Southee and Chahal, RCB should fancy themselves against RR.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Tremendous the way KKR pulled back things after Buttler-Tripathi blasted RR to an astonishing start. Kuldeep has been stunning. And the captaincy from DK! Maybe a chance for KKR to lift their NRR and see if they can get close to RCB. And this game shows that if Buttler does not go on for a big score, RR are indeed in trouble.

Maybe Kushal, you are right and I was wrong! I think this should give RCB a good chance against RR. With Umesh in the form he is and with bowlers like Southee and Chahal, RCB should fancy themselves against RR.

Also this is Butler's last game along with Stokes. He and Stokes are in the 12 men squad playing against Pakistan. He has to reach England by 17th May. So Rajasthan no matter what happens today are depleted badly as the person who has scored RR's half the runs this season will no longer be there.

Users who are viewing this thread