TENNIS AO Tennis

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Ah, I thought they were PC patches knowing how Big Ant are with Ashes Cricket. But if they're constantly changing the console version i'm happy.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
@MattW can you enlighten us?
General answer on that is that we wait for the patch to be on all platforms before announcing patch notes - so often you'll get the patch in advance of those notes being posted out - particularly on PC where we can go live with a patch near instantly.

For these specific updates, they're fixing some crashes/freezes we've had reported - including one with logo resizing in the stadium creator, and a few that resulted in issues when playing local multiplayer.

plodder

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Interested to hear from the guys who have the game. How is the variation in terms if surface, player styles and shot types? From the videos I've seen, although it looks great, it all looks a bit samey, if that makes sense?!

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Interested to hear from the guys who have the game. How is the variation in terms if surface, player styles and shot types? From the videos I've seen, although it looks great, it all looks a bit samey, if that makes sense?!

I really haven't played enough to comment on surface variations or player styles. The shot types need more variation, I think, but then I'm playing with a career player at the beginning of his career. It might be more noticeable with the better players.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer

In terms of surface, the gameplay seems to be the same regardless if it's hard, grass or clay courts and player styles, it's all just baseline play unless you drop shot the opponent, which if they get to it, it generally gives you an easy way to end a rally

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
In terms of surface, the gameplay seems to be the same regardless if it's hard, grass or clay courts and player styles, it's all just baseline play unless you drop shot the opponent, which if they get to it, it generally gives you an easy way to end a rally

Mike Merren said they are working on a lot of areas of the game, so hopefully they'll address the surface issues and the baseline play.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
From what i've seen, the big difference between the two fanbases is that Cricket fans are super critical in their feedback... But the Tennis fans are really quite nasty. Both in reviews and the responses on Twitter etc - way overboard.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Any ideas on a timeline?

No, that's all he said on that.

However, he did also say this in response to my asking for patch notes for those small updates to the Steam game that we've been seeing:

"I’ll discuss with Ross about the patch notes. I think going forwards we will do this."

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
From what i've seen, the big difference between the two fanbases is that Cricket fans are super critical in their feedback... But the Tennis fans are really quite nasty. Both in reviews and the responses on Twitter etc - way overboard.

Those tennis fans must be imitating the original nasty man - Ille "Nasty" Nastase. :)

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Have to say after playing a few casual matches on Amateur, this is a brilliantly fun game for someone who likes a tennis game now and then. The controls are intuitive and seem pretty difficult to master so far (only played about an hour or so) and if I hear "OUT" anymore I will cry as a result. But with the level of customisation and dev support alone its worth £25

Users who are viewing this thread