Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Also this is Butler's last game along with Stokes. He and Stokes are in the 12 men squad playing against Pakistan. He has to reach England by 17th May.

I think they get called up for International duties midst of almost every IPL season. Hence a bad choice to put too much money on English players if you're going to lose them just like that after having built momentum with those players. If not, good; at least you get to test rest of your squad. Maybe that's why IPL franchises have been neglecting many good English players over the years; Joe Root to start with. Unfortunately, RR owns two biggies of them.

Last edited:

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think they get called up for International duties midst of almost every IPL season. Hence a bad choice to put too much money on English players if you're going to lose them just like that after having built momentum with those players. If not, good; at least you get to test rest of your squad. Maybe that's why IPL franchises have been neglecting many good English players over the years; Joe Root to start with. Unfortunately, RR owns two biggies of them.
Buttler has been the best Englis player in the history of IPL imo, I have become a big fan of him and didn't want him to be released, but guess they did it right maybe but he has already aggregated around 550 runs in 13 innings(400+ in the last six).

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Also this is Butler's last game along with Stokes. He and Stokes are in the 12 men squad playing against Pakistan. He has to reach England by 17th May. So Rajasthan no matter what happens today are depleted badly as the person who has scored RR's half the runs this season will no longer be there.

Yes. Buttler's surprise selection in that test squad means Rajasthan will be going into their final league game, without both Buttler and Stokes. Considering the impact Buttler has had in their tournament so far, it might almost be safe to say that Rajasthan are in a position to bow out of the tournament (of course, I do believe in miracles). Going into a game against RCB (who are also gunning for that playoff spot) without Buttler and Stokes, is a knockout punch even before the battle begins.

Gopal123

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Nepal
Wow pollard is playing he will hit century tonight in just 33 balls......:facepalm:facepalm
Mumbye.....:wave

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Wow pollard is playing he will hit century tonight in just 33 balls......:facepalm:facepalm

What has Duminy really contributed so far, that Pollard can't do? Duminy has played 4 innings in 6 games he has played. He has scored only 36 runs. Pollard has had a similarly poor season, but he is as good a fielder (maybe better, if you account his 'near the boundary' performances) and he can chip in with the same amount of overs that Duminy can bowl. And if Pollard has his day, he will smash it around and lift MI.

Edit: Mumbai in dire straits here. On a Wankhede wicket, they have slumped to 71/4, with only the Pandya brothers and Pollard-Cutting left. If they don't get to 170+, they won't stand a chance.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Tye has been sensational for Kings XI. Tye's solid bowling has distracted people from commenting on how poor Ashwin has been. He averages 60 and has only take 6 wickets at an economy rate of 8.08. If Yuvraj can be dropped and Gambhir can step aside, Ashwin with his mediocre captaincy can shove himself too. I really want MI to do well and play well here but seeing how they are batting right now, I do not think they will.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Tye has been sensational for Kings XI. Tye's solid bowling has distracted people from commenting on how poor Ashwin has been. He averages 60 and has only take 6 wickets at an economy rate of 8.08. If Yuvraj can be dropped and Gambhir can step aside, Ashwin with his mediocre captaincy can shove himself too. I really want MI to do well and play well here but seeing how they are batting right now, I do not think they will.

That seems to be the case with finger spinners in general, this season. Almost everyone has failed among finger spinners. With the biggest failures being the likes of Ashwin, Jadeja, Harbhajan, Sundar, etc. Only proper legspinners are succeeding and its almost feeling like a threat for finger spinners as far as their existence in cricket is concerned.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Saving Mohit for the death overs is Ashwin? You're asking for nothing but trouble.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Not century but he did save Mumbai's a** today. Crucial knock in a crucial game.

Gopal123

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Nepal
What has Duminy really contributed so far, that Pollard can't do? Duminy has played 4 innings in 6 games he has played. He has scored only 36 runs. Pollard has had a similarly poor season, but he is as good a fielder (maybe better, if you account his 'near the boundary' performances) and he can chip in with the same amount of overs that Duminy can bowl. And if Pollard has his day, he will smash it around and lift MI.

Edit: Mumbai in dire straits here. On a Wankhede wicket, they have slumped to 71/4, with only the Pandya brothers and Pollard-Cutting left. If they don't get to 170+, they won't stand a chance.
Was just reverse jinxing.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Those quick early wickets might come to haunt Mumbai. KXIP are clearly in the driver's seat here and MI need KL Rahul NOW before he runs away and ends MI's tournament.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Bumrah nailed Punjab there and has almost put MI in the playoffs. I thought Pollard played a match winning innings, but Bumrah won the match there! Stunner!

Couldn't blame Punjab. The rub of the green just went MI's way today. I just dont understand why the constant need to get Yuvraj in. Cant you keep him out for good? He has repeatedly proved that he is way way past it.

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Bumrah nailed Punjab there and has almost put MI in the playoffs. I thought Pollard played a match winning innings, but Bumrah won the match there! Stunner!

Couldn't blame Punjab. The rub of the green just went MI's way today. I just dont understand why the constant need to get Yuvraj in. Cant you keep him out for good? He has repeatedly proved that he is way way past it.
Exactaly, Yuvraj should be carrying drinks. Going to be very hard to get into the playoffs with that NRR. No clue why the fans go crazy about him and claim that they won't support Punjab if Yuvraj isn't playing. He has done absolutely nothing, 2 bad balls from Mcclenaghan, one a dot and the the other straight to a fielder.

Users who are viewing this thread