LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Brilliant overall perfoemance from Pakistan. And Pakistan are about to win and Root's on his knees :p

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We win!!! We have compressively outplayed England in every department in almost every session.

What a great game of cricket!!

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Been saying it for a while that this is a new Pakistan team. Never take them easy despite the missings of two legends, Pakistan managed to outplayed England. What a comprehensive win. Brilliant performance from Aamir and Abbas. We WON Alhamdulillah

Those who were hoping for an ireland win in last game must have seen this performance. :)

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Been saying it for a while that this is a new Pakistan team. Never take them easy despite the missings of two legends, Pakistan managed to outplayed England. What a comprehensive win. Brilliant performance from Aamir and Abbas. We WON Alhamdulillah

Those who were hoping for an ireland win in last game must have seen this performance. :)
England is just a garbage test team. They've won 1 game out of their last 10

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Absolute delight to watch. Great discipline and tactics. If they play like this always, even losses won't feel bad.

On a side: What do people think about replacements for Babar? I'm keen to try Fakhar at the top and drop Azhar down to 3. Not a big fan of sending Fakhar down the order. In that case it's safer to go with one of the two middle-order batsmen, probably Salahuddin.

Master Bates

School Cricketer
India
ENG....
DD.....
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Absolute delight to watch. Great discipline and tactics. If they play like this always, even losses won't feel bad.

On a side: What do people think about replacements for Babar? I'm keen to try Fakhar at the top and drop Azhar down to 3. Not a big fan of sending Fakhar down the order. In that case it's safer to go with one of the two middle-order batsmen, probably Salahuddin.
Are you kidding me? Fakhar Zaman won't stand a chance against England Pacers that too on a green wicket. It is better to get Salahuddin. He scored a fifty in a practice match.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
What do people think about replacements for Babar?
Like you said. If team is looking to play Azhar Ali at no. 3 then Fakhar should come at no. 2. But if a middle order batsman should replace Babar, it should be Usman Salahuddin. He's more deserving as well...

P.S : Usman Salahuddin should play.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Are you kidding me? Fakhar Zaman won't stand a chance against England Pacers that too on a green wicket. It is better to get Salahuddin. He scored a fifty in a practice match.
No, actually, I'm not kidding. Firstly, Leeds is more batting friendly. I concur that this probably isn't ideal for someone making their debut in Test cricket but, you should give a bit more credit to Zaman. His first class performances are pretty good, and they haven't been all on flat pitches. "Won't stand a chance" might be a bit of an overstatement, although, like I said it will indeed be a tough go.

EDIT: Not to pile on here, but Zaman also scored a 71 in a "practice" match on this tour.

Last edited:

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Like you said. If team is looking to play Azhar Ali at no. 3 then Fakhar should come at no. 2. But if a middle order batsman should replace Babar, it should be Usman Salahuddin. He's more deserving as well...

P.S : Usman Salahuddin should play.
I like Azhar much better at 3. Thoughts?
I feel he struggles a bit early on against the swinging ball, particularly ones that move in to him. He has a tendency to be stuck in front LBW often. I think, he probably will perform much better with an extended run at number 3 when hopefully the ball is a bit softer.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
England is just a garbage test team. They've won 1 game out of their last 10
Respectfully, I'm not sure I fully agree here. I think "garbage" might be a bit too harsh. No one can argue that they're in a huge slump, and have played pathetic cricket lately. But, they do have some quality players. You can't count out Cook, ever. Root is Root. Bairstow is solid. Stokes is a nice wild factor. I like Butler down low for them (although this could potentially be a mistake). And then obviously Anderson and Broad have nothing to prove to anyone.

I think they may have missed a trick not playing Woakes. Also, I know he was struggling but I really like Moeen Ali. Even so, I think it's a fairly good team with obvious shortcomings and holes, that is severely low on confidence. Pakistan just outplayed them, and were much more disciplined. For me, to say this is a garbage team takes away from how clinically Pakistan went about their business.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Respectfully, I'm not sure I fully agree here. I think "garbage" might be a bit too harsh. No one can argue that they're in a huge slump, and have played pathetic cricket lately. But, they do have some quality players. You can't count out Cook, ever. Root is Root. Bairstow is solid. Stokes is a nice wild factor. I like Butler down low for them (although this could potentially be a mistake). And then obviously Anderson and Broad have nothing to prove to anyone.

I think they may have missed a trick not playing Woakes. Also, I know he was struggling but I really like Moeen Ali. Even so, I think it's a fairly good team with obvious shortcomings and holes, that is severely low on confidence. Pakistan just outplayed them, and were much more disciplined. For me, to say this is a garbage team takes away from how clinically Pakistan went about their business.
You would agree that they've just lost the plot after 10 matches. And they have bad haven't been able to recover from it. Pakistan bowled way better than England. England created plenty of chances that if they were to be taken, Pak would've been restricted to about 260. I felt they were a bit unlucky but at the same time played poorly, such as an the first innings where they went chasing for no reason and edged behind.

Again, I don't understand the hype around Moeen. England lack a bowler who has some good variations. Moeen, just like in the Ashes literally bowls the same stuff by the same angle, refusing to change anything to befuddle the batsman. What I mean he's an ordinary bowler at best. Wouldn't mind giving Bess another game after that fifty he scored. I feel if England back themselves with this team after Leach comes back, they will become strong again.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Again, I don't understand the hype around Moeen. England lack a bowler who has some good variations. Moeen, just like in the Ashes literally bowls the same stuff by the same angle, refusing to change anything to befuddle the batsman. What I mean he's an ordinary bowler at best. Wouldn't mind giving Bess another game after that fifty he scored. I feel if England back themselves with this team after Leach comes back, they will become strong again.
They're lacking a quality spinner after Swann. Fortunately for us Yasir Shah filled Saeed Ajmal's gap.

Users who are viewing this thread