International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sorry, the world cup should always be the bigger tournament and inclusive, two pools of seven. I know this will take a long time but it should be the pinnacle and celebration of cricket... The champions trophy should be the top eight in two pools of four... The world cup should be special and the big celebration of cricket.
That's what they had for the 2015 World Cup. It was perfect. If it were up to me, I'd add two teams, one for each group, ensuring that each team has seven matches to play against each other. Top four qualify for quarter finals. I highly agree with the World Cup being the pinnacle of cricket. A World Cup, regardless of any sport its in has to be global, featuring countries from many backgrounds. Having talented Associate teams would be great to have in a World Cup as people can cheer on their teams back home. Having Ireland, Afghanistan, Zimbabwe, Nepal, Scotland, etc would allow for cricket to be more global.

This years FIFA World Cup has a mind boggling 32 teams. Really shows how they care about soccer being a global sport and we have our pathetic ICC who don't give a damn about the Cricket World Cup being a huge event... how devastating that may be for Irish, Scottish fans... and the list goes on.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
New Zealand women have scored third consecutive 400 + score. Just saw Amelia Kerr scored 232 runs wow! Even if its against a weaker nation, that is some magnificent achievement. If it was a male who scored that much, Cricinfo would have been on top with all the innings to relish etc.

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
Hi all. A huge pure cricket fan. Have been since my first taste of cricket when my dad took me to watch Lillee and Thommo smash England in 74/75. Looking forward to meeting like minded people here.

Last edited:

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan

Shadowplayer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Well done to the England women in the T20 with the South Africans, they took a leaf out of the men's game and also produced the highest score ever, what a performance by them.

D

Deleted member 46200

Well done to the England women in the T20 with the South Africans, they took a leaf out of the men's game and also produced the highest score ever, what a performance by them.
And being honest the Australians didn't really bowl a lot of pies.. Tammy Beaumont seemed to have the foot work of a ballerina and smashed the ball were the fielders just couldn't be. Absolutely wonderful display of batting.

Shadowplayer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I agree with everything you say bar one thing........it was the Proteas not the Aussies, still you've been getting such a pasting lately it's an easy mistake to make! ;P

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Have a read of this:

"The research threw up some eye-catching figures: over one billion fans; nearly 300 million participants; and nearly 40% of all fans being female." - How exciting. So exciting to see more women getting involved in the game. This will really help bring women's cricket forward.

We might even see cricket in the Olympics.

D

Deleted member 46200

What do people think of these World Cup packages https://icctravelandtours.co.uk/ ? If you don't get tickets in the ballot, then these seem really good.
Get tickets, fly cheap sleep in youth hostels and eat in Spoons! Job done.

My friend has a spare room so you could bunk up or rent cheap for the duration.... [HASHTAG]#doable[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#gettoworldcupbyanymeans[/HASHTAG]

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
Russ can England beat India again. Will Kohli get any runs this time? Who do you see as danger men on each side? Do you see any retirements after this series.

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
The England heatwave could be counter productive for the hosts. With no damp or grey skies to enliven pitches it could prove very batting friendly conditions. Something India thrives on. The pundits are now saying these tracks will likely take to spin.. Betting India has the superior spin attack.

Last edited:

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
The England heatwave could be counter productive for the hosts. With no damp or grey skies to enliven pitches it could prove very batting friendly conditions. Something India thrives on. The pundits are now saying these tracks will likely take to spin.. Betting India has the superior spin attack.
Not sure how it could be counter productive. England thrives on their batting as well, they might also welcome these conditions as well. Should be a good series. Each side is balanced for the most part should be a cracker of a series.

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
My point being if the conditions are not conducive to seam and swing which England thrives on then it could be spinning conditions which India thrives on. What Test cricket does not want is a bat fest. and that is what it will be if this warm weather remains. We had this last time India toured Australia and Kohli, Rahane, and their two openers made merry hell with the bat. It was only Steve Smith and our superior attack that vanquished them in the end. The long and the short is people want to see a fair contest between bat and ball.

Users who are viewing this thread