India tour of England 2018

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think Umesh will be dropped for sure and Kuldeep might come in his place and Pandya will be used as the third seamer.

If only this was known to the people making the decisions.

Yes I would definitely call up Kuldeep for next test (but hope they don't). We all know what English are like against spin, should be a no brainer :eek:

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So Pope all set to make his debut. Given the history the Indians have against debutant players, I foresee a good beginning for him :p

Also, it appears Dhawan will keep his place :facepalm

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK

:p

Well he has just played an utterly flawless innings where he was 'not dropped twice' and that considering his batting personality, he demands composure from his fellow batsmen :rolleyes

So Pope all set to make his debut. Given the history the Indians have against debutant players, I foresee a good beginning for him :p

Did you expect anything different? This management is even worse when it comes to "not being able to differentiate between limited overs and test cricket; between home conditions and overseas conditions".

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
With this rain, the possibility of playing a second spinner goes down further. I have a feeling India will go in unchanged, which would be a rubbish move but that's what I think India will do

Atleast I hope India bats first. It will give us the best chance of winning. If we bat first and survive tricky conditions, our chances of winning will exponentially increase.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Well Pope could end up to be one of those English batsmen hat score loads of runs in county cricket and score nothing in international cricket, much like Gary Ballance.

The management seems to love Dhawan. They seem to following their saying of playing aggressively and with intent, while Dhawan suits that ticket perfectly for them.

I don't think there will be any changes in the lineup besides the second spinner, but even that appears unlikely after this rain and damp conditions.

Bhumi

Club Captain
May 2011 vs pakistan entire first day was washed out at Lord's just like yesterday

NO EARLY STARTS according to ECB for next 4 days Aug 10-13 but game will continue till 7 pm local time

Ollie pope debut for England will bats at # 4

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Murali Vijay, Lokesh Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli(c), Ajinkya Rahane, Dinesh Karthik(w), Hardik Pandya, Ravichandran Ashwin, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Ishant Sharma

Much better team. What we should have played in the first game. I would have given Umesh another chance though[DOUBLEPOST=1533895528][/DOUBLEPOST]Vijay gone for a duck :D Poor Pujara ... he wouldn't have expected to walk out so soon

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Rahul looks like a poor choice for an opener in these conditions purely based on what he did in this innings. Doesn't seem to have the judgement required to leave deliveries when the ball is moving around like this

Bhumi

Club Captain
Rahul looks like a poor choice for an opener in these conditions purely based on what he did in this innings. Doesn't seem to have the judgement required to leave deliveries when the ball is moving around like this
Anderson is king of Lords not much one can do while Rahul is make shift opener our policy is if you doing good in IPL we assumes he or she will open anywhere in the world.

Very soon you will see new faces in BCCI who I wish selects better team for test matches

Cong.anderson for 96 test wickets at Lord's
India 11 for 2

Bhumi

Club Captain
Murali Vijay, Lokesh Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli(c), Ajinkya Rahane, Dinesh Karthik(w), Hardik Pandya, Ravichandran Ashwin, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Ishant Sharma

Much better team. What we should have played in the first game. I would have given Umesh another chance though[DOUBLEPOST=1533895528][/DOUBLEPOST]Vijay gone for a duck :D Poor Pujara ... he wouldn't have expected to walk out so soon
Pujara do not mind he get use to

Bhumi

Club Captain
:p

Well he has just played an utterly flawless innings where he was 'not dropped twice' and that considering his batting personality, he demands composure from his fellow batsmen :rolleyes

Did you expect anything different? This management is even worse when it comes to "not being able to differentiate between limited overs and test cricket; between home conditions and overseas conditions".
If you mean James Taylor and other funny guy india also not far behind in tests selection we have dozen of better opener in domestic but they never give them opportunity to establish at any level.

I am glad Asia cup near corner where india must need to includes Shaw/Agarwal /Samarth plus Vihari, Rohit etc

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

I would still give him the whole series. He has not got an extended run ever.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Don't get the logic of the second spinner and definitely not getting the logic of Pandya still in the XI!

Users who are viewing this thread