No edges at all. Batting to easy.

DarrenJ1982

School Cricketer
Hi guys I picked this game up last week as I love sports games in general. I don't know lots about cricket but I know the basics and rules.

I started The Ashes and after few days my first innings total I declared on 700 for 9. I found it really easy to hit fours and entire game not a single edge batting or bowling. I put it on veteran difficulty. Is this common In this game or do I have so e sort of wrong settings on. Thanks

falehan072

Club Cricketer
Tweak the Sliders and adjust the difficulty! on what difficulty are you playing ? Medium , Hard or Hardest??

Rhone

County Cricketer
Hi guys I picked this game up last week as I love sports games in general. I don't know lots about cricket but I know the basics and rules.

I started The Ashes and after few days my first innings total I declared on 700 for 9. I found it really easy to hit fours and entire game not a single edge batting or bowling. I put it on veteran difficulty. Is this common In this game or do I have so e sort of wrong settings on. Thanks

Veteran Difficulty only effects the quality of the AI. It doesn't change the difficulty of Batting.

Try changing batting and bowling difficulties to 'Hardest' and see how you get on.

DarrenJ1982

School Cricketer
Veteran Difficulty only effects the quality of the AI. It doesn't change the difficulty of Batting.

Try changing batting and bowling difficulties to 'Hardest' and see how you get on.
Oh ok bud thanks a bunch I wondered why I felt like the best player in the world. I shall try that right now. ✌️

Cricket Lover 1943

Club Cricketer

Actually you have not yet faced a quality bowler yet

Believe

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
You are an absolute moron.

I understand what he means. The actual players ratings are far lower than random guys you come across in career mode.

In saying that though, the Ashes Mode does seem harder than facing the same bowlers in career.

Example:
Mitchell Starc plays for Notts in my career, and I annihilate him. Every time. With a batting rating of 51. (He's also only their third best bowler, going by ratings... Wtf..)

However, in Ashes Mode, Mitchell Starc annihilates me. No matter which batsman I am. In the last test I played he took 7/13 in the second innings. (Mostly from me edging bouncers, playing hooks or even defending.)

PjPage59

Club Captain
I understand what he means. The actual players ratings are far lower than random guys you come across in career mode.

In saying that though, the Ashes Mode does seem harder than facing the same bowlers in career.

Example:
Mitchell Starc plays for Notts in my career, and I annihilate him. Every time. With a batting rating of 51. (He's also only their third best bowler, going by ratings... Wtf..)

However, in Ashes Mode, Mitchell Starc annihilates me. No matter which batsman I am. In the last test I played he took 7/13 in the second innings. (Mostly from me edging bouncers, playing hooks or even defending.)
I wonder how they’ve done that then. I’ve only played tour mode so I don’t know anything about the ratings in other game modes. I wonder if that was done on purpose or not?

Believe

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Nah I think that when the actual licensed players were created, they were just a little bit under-skilled. Probably didn't want them all to be supermen I guess. It's not really a massive issue, just really strange seeing team listings in career mode, where the actual international players are like the 5th best batsmen behind some random County batsmen and the odd regen.

Users who are viewing this thread