asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Any financial wizards out here?

This is one topic which has always puzzled me to no end. No matter how hard I try to understand it, I always do not seem to grasp the concept.

I'm currently considering an offer and would like to know if it would be beneficial to me. The only thing I need to figure out right now is how much will I end up paying in taxes.

Hypothetically speaking, let's say my annual income is Rs.15 lacs per annum. The only thing I show under deductions/savings is Rs.50,000 towards PF. No HRA exemption, no medical insurance premium (paid by the employer), nothing else.

In this case, what would be the approx amount of tax to be paid?

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India

This is one topic which has always puzzled me to no end. No matter how hard I try to understand it, I always do not seem to grasp the concept.

I'm currently considering an offer and would like to know if it would be beneficial to me. The only thing I need to figure out right now is how much will I end up paying in taxes.

Hypothetically speaking, let's say my annual income is Rs.15 lacs per annum. The only thing I show under deductions/savings is Rs.50,000 towards PF. No HRA exemption, no medical insurance premium (paid by the employer), nothing else.

Well, deduction on self owned/let out property, motor car expenses for personal use and other deductions related to your profession.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Well, deduction on self owned/let out property, motor car expenses for personal use and other deductions related to your profession.
Meaning? Consider that I do not have a self owned/left out property, motor car etc.

Akshay.

National Board President
India
Mumbai Indians
Champions League Winner
Profile Flag
India
Your taxable income is 1450000
First 2.5 lakhs is exempt
Next 2.5 taxed at 5%= 12500
Next 5 taxed at 20%= 100000
Next 4.5 taxed at 30%= 135000
Total tax 247500
Add cess 4%= 9900
Total 257400

There are basically slabs

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Total tax 247500
Add cess 4%= 9900
Total 257400

This is correct if you just want to know your tax liability. However if you wish to save tax then there are numerous deductions via which you can do so.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Meaning? Consider that I do not have a self owned/left out property, motor car etc.
Taxation on property self owned/let out: since you don't own a property or you haven't let out any, or dont own a car, there is no taxation for that.

You will have to calculate your total income from business or profession. And as Akshay said, taxation depends on how much income you have declared in your statement to Income tax. While deductions on bank account balances/excess transaction over limit is already deducted according to your PAN details. You will have to pay tax on remaining income that you have earned over a year according to general taxation slabs.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Total tax 247500
Add cess 4%= 9900
Total 257400

Perfect. This is what I was looking for.
However if you wish to save tax then there are numerous deductions via which you can do so.
Yes, I'm vaguely aware of those. High time I make use of those.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Perfect. This is what I was looking for.

Yes, I'm vaguely aware of those. High time I make use of those.
Those are very useful and you should definitely use those. You can PM me if you want and I can tell you some options depending on your income, loans and assets if any.

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers

If you live in an house that is owned by your parents, you can legally pay house rent to your mom or dad and claim it as a deduction as per your HRA.

Also note that the rent you paid to your mom or dad will get added in their respective income while filing their IT return.

So in case your mom or dad owns the current house you live in and if their income comes below the taxable income slab, you can easily reduce your taxable income by Rs.1,00,000 to even Rs.5,00,000 based on your HRA.

Users who are viewing this thread