TENNIS Full Ace Tennis

Nard2020

Club Captain
Except he didn't say that...

Read it again;

Nowhere here does he say anything along the lines of "timing isn't a factor at all".

In the last paragraph he says tennis is not just a rhythm/timing game, that's far different from what you're implying that he meant.

Come on fella, you can't ask me to read again because he never said that.....maybe YOU should have read again:

"In tennis, timing is everything"... Whaaat ?

No, it's not. Nadal & Federer aren't the best players because their timing is the best. Did you ever hear that ? No ! It's because they have phenomenal technical skills and mastering of their shot making decisions (ie: do the right type of strikes in the right situation), plus an incredible mental for Nadal, and an incredible consistency for Federer.

A good timing ( = hitting the ball at the correct time) is not a cause, but a consequence : it's the consequence of a good positioning, not rushed preparation, and a body coordination learned from thousands of hours of training (it's called muscle memory).

Maybe you aren't able to infer or understand but his opening line is "in tennis timing is everything" "....no, it's not" and then he says the world's best tennis players aren't great because of their timing and that timing is basically a result of positioning, prep and coordination. That's SEVERELY downplaying the importance of timing and essentially saying it's not a factor because it's simply a result of form.......incorrect. Timing is hugely important and THE key component of any players game. There's no reading between the lines needed for that.

D

Deleted member 9102

Come on fella, you can't ask me to read again because he never said that.....maybe YOU should have read again:

"In tennis, timing is everything"... Whaaat ?

No, it's not. Nadal & Federer aren't the best players because their timing is the best. Did you ever hear that ? No ! It's because they have phenomenal technical skills and mastering of their shot making decisions (ie: do the right type of strikes in the right situation), plus an incredible mental for Nadal, and an incredible consistency for Federer.

A good timing ( = hitting the ball at the correct time) is not a cause, but a consequence : it's the consequence of a good positioning, not rushed preparation, and a body coordination learned from thousands of hours of training (it's called muscle memory).

Maybe you aren't able to infer or understand but his opening line is "in tennis timing is everything" "....no, it's not" and then he says the world's best tennis players aren't great because of their timing and that timing is basically a result of positioning, prep and coordination. That's SEVERELY downplaying the importance of timing and essentially saying it's not a factor because it's simply a result of form.......incorrect. Timing is hugely important and THE key component of any players game. There's no reading between the lines needed for that.
He' s saying that good timing is mostly a consequence of all of the other factors being well executed... Which is true. This is not the same as saying timing doesn't have any impact, it's simply saying that good timing is a usually a consequence of other factors (footwork, preparation etc), not that the player just decided to swing at the correct time.

Fed/Rafa aren't the best because they have the best timing, it's the rest of their game physically, technically and mentally that sets them apart... If tennis was all about timing, then the talented ball strikers like Kohlschreiber would win everything...

I like having some timing element in the gameplay as it allows you to make bad unforced errors and makes good shots more satisfying, but I can see the logic in the argument that sim-wise it shouldn't be the biggest factor in shot quality, especially when the idea of the game is to be controlling top pros.

I like how it is implemented in Full Ace because even perfect timing doesn't mean your shot will end up being picture perfect every time. You still need to play the right shots and allow margin for error from the net and lines... In AO and TS, perfect timing always means a good shot thats never goes out of play.

In AO especially, perfect timing means you can land your shot on a sixpence. Even when the incoming ball is basically a yorker. Timing has too much importance over positioning, movement and shot selection when it comes to the accuracy/quality of the shot you produce.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Seems the update removed the sound mod I had previously with the grunts for the top 50 or so players. Hoping someone eventually does one again as well as eventually seeing the animation mods.

D

Dutch

I hope that the game kicks off...it really is a little gem and with some TLC it could be very good.....

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Ah bugger...I thought there was a mod in the steam threads?[DOUBLEPOST=1539596604][/DOUBLEPOST]https://steamcommunity.com/app/779430/discussions/0/2828702373011991727/

A few posts down.....

Oh wait....the actual link to the mod

http://www.intertopspintour.net/for...&t=18728&sid=f1aef9ecbaa3193c6a0290881ce6fe9b

Yeah that's the one I used when I went looking again, doesn't seem to work now for some strange reason.

Yeah I'm hoping since I can now upload more on the game after getting a much needed internet upgrade, that more people will see how solid the gameplay is and want to check it out.

D

Dutch

Going to give AO another go....it does have a little more depth in terms of game experience although the game play in FA is quite honestly miles ahead

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Going to give AO another go....it does have a little more depth in terms of game experience although the game play in FA is quite honestly miles ahead

I played the career again yesterday, match point to Murray resulted in the ball hitting my player despite timing a shot and that was it lol

Users who are viewing this thread