TENNIS Full Ace Tennis

D

Dutch

Really? I usually pick up a couple here and there, usually results in a poor first serve percentage though if I try too often!
I am still pretty much a beginner and am slowly edging up the difficulty to find the right balance between winning 6-1 6-2 and losing 6-1 6-2!!

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
I am still pretty much a beginner and am slowly edging up the difficulty to find the right balance between winning 6-1 6-2 and losing 6-1 6-2!!

I think I made my career player a bit too good but still have my lapses and get complacent in matches. I've got the AI on the full 24 for the difficulty but my serving/shot timing is 18-19 from memory as I could not serve to save my life above 20 or place any kind of shot above 20 lol.

D

Deleted member 9102

There has been some significant progress with this game recently - one of the recent updates made animation modding possible!

One of the guys at ITST managed to convert the Tennis Elbow modded animations into Full Ace! While they're not absolutely perfect conversions, it's some really great progress and adds a lot to the feel of the game.

http://www.intertopspintour.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1091&t=19020

I'll upload a video soon from a set I played vs the AI as Wawrinka v Federer.

D

Deleted member 9102

CPU Federer was very error prone for some reason, but you can see the signature animations for serve/strokes. Loads of players have these now!

I'll have to record some online gameplay next time I play a match, it looks and feels so realistic with two experienced players online.

D

Deleted member 9102

Bear in mind that the mod is focused around online play, so only the "V4" characters have these animations assigned, but you can use the editor to assign them to other players by clicking the drop down menus;

OIvoP8m.jpg

passarapin

County Cricketer
AUS..
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Here is a set I played online

do you find the ball seems to stutter, or move a little different since the last update?

not sure if it's just the "highlight" feature messing with my eyes.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
do you find the ball seems to stutter, or move a little different since the last update?

not sure if it's just the "highlight" feature messing with my eyes.

You're probably focusing on the ball trail too much. I turned that and the highlight effect off, although the highlight effect can be useful on certain courts where the ball is very difficult to see.

D

Dutch

@Madman The Mods really are fantastic and make the game really nice...Rob your own mod...is it getting an update? In the steam thread you mentioned at one point you were still working on it?

D

Deleted member 9102

@Madman The Mods really are fantastic and make the game really nice...Rob your own mod...is it getting an update? In the steam thread you mentioned at one point you were still working on it?
I ended up getting into some other games (PES, Rocket League etc.) and didn't come back to Full Ace for a while because of the lack of players online. It's still mostly the same 5-10 regulars who have been playing since beta.

I had hoped the game would gather a bigger following with more people playing online and getting involved in modding, because the gameplay definitely deserves it...

I may add to the mod in future but I'm not promising anything or giving any ETA...

Users who are viewing this thread