New Zealand tour of UAE (2018)

Dates Time (GMT) Match Venue
31 Oct, 2018 TBD 1st T20I: Pakistan vs New Zealand Sheikh Zayed Stadium

02 Nov, 2018 TBD 2nd T20I: Pakistan vs New Zealand Dubai International Stadium

04 Nov, 2018 TBD 3rd T20I: Pakistan vs New Zealand Dubai International Stadium

07 Nov, 2018 TBD 1st ODI: Pakistan vs New Zealand Sheikh Zayed Stadium

09 Nov, 2018 TBD 2nd ODI: Pakistan vs New Zealand Sheikh Zayed Stadium

11 Nov, 2018 TBD 3rd ODI: Pakistan vs New Zealand Dubai International Stadium

16-20 Nov, 2018 TBD 1st Test: Pakistan vs New Zealand Sheikh Zayed Stadium,Abu Dhabi

24-28 Nov, 2018 TBD 2nd Test: Pakistan vs New Zealand Dubai International

03-07 Dec, 2018 TBD 3rd Test: Pakistan vs New Zealand
Sheikh Zayed stadium,Abu Dhabi

T20I:
New Zealand: Kane Williamson (c), Adam Milne, Colin de Grandhomme, Colin Munro, Ish Sodhi, Lockie Ferguson, Mark Chapman,Martin Guptill(Subject to be changed as he injured) Ross Taylor, Seth Rance, Tim Seifert, Tim Southee

ODI:
New Zealand: Kane Williamson (captain), BJ Watling, Colin de Grandhomme, Colin Munro,Henry Nicholls, Ish Sodhi, Martin Guptill ( subject to be changed,injured), Matt Henry, Ross Taylor, Tim Southee, Todd Astle, Tom Latham, Trent Boult,

Test:
New Zealand:
Kane Williamson (c), Ajaz Patel, BJ Watling, Colin de Grandhomme, Henry Nicholls, Ish Sodhi, Jeet Raval, Matt Henry, Neil Wagner, Ross Taylor, Tim Southee, Todd Astle, Tom Blundell,Tom Latham, Trent Boult

Pakistan teams in all 3 Format coming up

Last edited:

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Damn, literally no rest for Pakistan between the Aussie and NZ series. Feel like we are India.

I hope we have planned well for the NZ lads, they definitely are a stronger side than Aussie. Plus with Boult, Southee and Wagner in their bowling - they stand a good chance against us.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Damn, literally no rest for Pakistan between the Aussie and NZ series. Feel like we are India.
We have rested for months before Asia Cup :P
A thing to get used to for the next year's WC as it is going to be a long WC for each team.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Same squad for Pakistan. Will Sahibzada Farhan be given a chance in the opening game?

Master Bates

School Cricketer
India
ENG....
DD.....
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Originally posted by @Bhumi

New Zealand tour of UAE (2018)

Dates Time (GMT) Match Venue
31 Oct, 2018 TBD 1st T20I: Pakistan vs New Zealand Sheikh Zayed Stadium

02 Nov, 2018 TBD 2nd T20I: Pakistan vs New Zealand Dubai International Stadium

04 Nov, 2018 TBD 3rd T20I: Pakistan vs New Zealand Dubai International Stadium

07 Nov, 2018 TBD 1st ODI: Pakistan vs New Zealand Sheikh Zayed Stadium

09 Nov, 2018 TBD 2nd ODI: Pakistan vs New Zealand Sheikh Zayed Stadium

11 Nov, 2018 TBD 3rd ODI: Pakistan vs New Zealand Dubai International Stadium

16-20 Nov, 2018 TBD 1st Test: Pakistan vs New Zealand Sheikh Zayed Stadium,Abu Dhabi

24-28 Nov, 2018 TBD 2nd Test: Pakistan vs New Zealand Dubai International

03-07 Dec, 2018 TBD 3rd Test: Pakistan vs New Zealand
Sheikh Zayed stadium,Abu Dhabi

T20I:
New Zealand: Kane Williamson (c), Adam Milne, Colin de Grandhomme, Colin Munro, Ish Sodhi, Lockie Ferguson, Mark Chapman,Martin Guptill(Subject to be changed as he injured) Ross Taylor, Seth Rance, Tim Seifert, Tim Southee

ODI:
New Zealand: Kane Williamson (captain), BJ Watling, Colin de Grandhomme, Colin Munro,Henry Nicholls, Ish Sodhi, Martin Guptill ( subject to be changed,injured), Matt Henry, Ross Taylor, Tim Southee, Todd Astle, Tom Latham, Trent Boult,

Test:
New Zealand:
Kane Williamson (c), Ajaz Patel, BJ Watling, Colin de Grandhomme, Henry Nicholls, Ish Sodhi, Jeet Raval, Matt Henry, Neil Wagner, Ross Taylor, Tim Southee, Todd Astle, Tom Blundell,Tom Latham, Trent Boult

Pakistan teams in all 3 Format coming up
Pls add Pakistan squads

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
11th consecutive series win now for Pakistan in T20s :clap

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
The Undisputed King Of T20 Cricket Pakistan clinched yet again a T20 Series against a far stronger opposition. Bravo Team Pakistan, What a wonderful form we've been in alhamdulillah :)

Winning T20 Internationals is a habit now and Pakistan has proved multiple times that its the best T20 side in the world at the moment and probably the greatest T20 side ever thus far in T20I arena.

PSL played a huge part in crafting such a nice bunch of young players who have instilled new energy into the team spirit. The aggression of Shadab, Faheem, Shaheeen is treat to watch. The fielding efforts of young players are at Par and the great thing about this team is that it is quite aggressive in this format, I hope the momentum will be carried out towards upcoming ODIS as well.

Last but not least, I can understand why this thread hasn't seen much posting probably some people were expecting a loose from NZ for us so that they come up and build their bricks to under estimate team Pakistan lol.

Pakistan should go for a clean sweep and show no mercy to black caps in the last T20.

On part of NZ, they performed far better than Aussies and both games went highly competitive.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Pakistan is undisputedly the King of T20's at the moment, and the best thing about it is that we are doing it without any "X-factor" players.

Drawing a level comparison to India (simply for the sake of the argument and them being the only other team that I keep up with), Pakistan side isn't as dependant on any one player. We are winning series without Amir (who, although can be argued has been off-colour since his return still has a presence around him), there is no Shahid Afridi factor to fall back on - just a bunch of XI lads who thrive in each others success. If you remove the holy grail from the top (Sharma, Dhawan and Kohli), India seems a little legless in any game and back that up with no Bhuvi and Bumrah - and 200 seems a decent target to get against them. Whereas for us, Faheem has stepped up, Shaheen Afridi is hitting yorkers at 140+ clicks, Rumman Raees was starting before his injury, Shadab has been exceptional in the field and to a similar extent his bowling. Our batsmen (although definitely our weaker discipline) are slowly learning to take responsibility, Zaman and Babar setting the platform, Asif Ali showing a little maturity at 3 and Hafeez and Malik to finish off. Drop any of them and a like for like replacement is available, no Zaman (have Farhan), no Hasan Ali (have Raees, Waqas Maqsood, Umaid Asif), no Imad Wasim (have Zafar Gohar). It's a beautiful position to be in.

I honestly feel that Pakistan are in the sweet spot at the moment, and really need to work hard to maintain it. The fielding alone has been a discipline that Pakistan has outshone the Aussies (the freaking Aussies) in, and are matching NZ. If you're matching NZ in fielding- you can't get any better.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Pakistan is undisputedly the King of T20's at the moment, and the best thing about it is that we are doing it without any "X-factor" players.

Drawing a level comparison to India (simply for the sake of the argument and them being the only other team that I keep up with), Pakistan side isn't as dependant on any one player. We are winning series without Amir (who, although can be argued has been off-colour since his return still has a presence around him), there is no Shahid Afridi factor to fall back on - just a bunch of XI lads who thrive in each others success. If you remove the holy grail from the top (Sharma, Dhawan and Kohli), India seems a little legless in any game and back that up with no Bhuvi and Bumrah - and 200 seems a decent target to get against them. Whereas for us, Faheem has stepped up, Shaheen Afridi is hitting yorkers at 140+ clicks, Rumman Raees was starting before his injury, Shadab has been exceptional in the field and to a similar extent his bowling. Our batsmen (although definitely our weaker discipline) are slowly learning to take responsibility, Zaman and Babar setting the platform, Asif Ali showing a little maturity at 3 and Hafeez and Malik to finish off. Drop any of them and a like for like replacement is available, no Zaman (have Farhan), no Hasan Ali (have Raees, Waqas Maqsood, Umaid Asif), no Imad Wasim (have Zafar Gohar). It's a beautiful position to be in.

I honestly feel that Pakistan are in the sweet spot at the moment, and really need to work hard to maintain it. The fielding alone has been a discipline that Pakistan has outshone the Aussies (the freaking Aussies) in, and are matching NZ. If you're matching NZ in fielding- you can't get any better.

Couldn't agree more. Spot On!

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India

Pakistan without a doubt has the bowling attack in T20 cricket. But I think you're getting a bit carried away i feel. Pakistan seemed to be way dependent on Babar and Hafeez for most of series against Aus and NZ, Asif only contributed in the third game, but I don't know how you can detect maturity in his game by one innings. His limited overs form is very inconsistent overall. Faheem has potential but you are overrating him. He finished the innings nicely in this series against NZ, but again a very inconsistent player. He has to prove more to determined as a good player. Pakistan currently have the best bowling attack in T20's but I fail to see how the same attack failed in similar conditions with a very similar attack in ODI's. They looked toothless in the Asia Cup as such one example. You mentioned that Pakistan too has good backups. Even India has good backups as well that need to play more, just like Pakistan. Raees has been out with injury, and Maqsood, Umaid and Zafar we haven't seen yet. This too is similar to India to a small extent.

In T20's, India have good backups for the top three, in KL Rahul who was in beastly form in the IPL, Ambati Rayudu who also did well in the IPL as well. Manish Pandey is also an option at #3. Krunal Pandya has been picked on the basis of strong performances and can fit in as an allrounder. Rishabh Pant and Karthik have shown the ability that they can belong too in the Indian middle order. In this case, India are in the same boat as Pakistan basically. You can say that Pakistan has players can be a backup for many roles, but India do too.

The Indian team performs well with Bhuvi and Bumrah, but India also has bowlers who can be an understudy for them such as KK Ahmed, Umesh Yadav, Sid Kaul and others. Again, our captain never wants to experiment so players like this don't get many chances, but they are ideal for Bhuvi and Bumrah when unavailable. And they've shown that ability as well. Umesh was in hot form in the IPL and he did decent in the last limited overs series that he played.

India's middle order is weak at the moment because out top three are too good that the middle order gets less game time. They have shown potential just like Pak have and India too have good backups.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Pakistan batting in lower middle order can be argued but in ODIs only. Not so much in T20s. Asia Cup is an example but it was ODIs.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Pakistan was simply out of form in Asia Cup. You will see Pakistan quite different in the upcoming ODIs.

On the other hand, Babar Azam just became the fastest batsman to score 1000 runs in least number of matches beating Virat.

Cruising towards giving a sweeet and smart clean sweep to NZ :)

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Pakistan was simply out of form in Asia Cup. You will see Pakistan quite different in the upcoming ODIs.

On the other hand, Babar Azam just became the fastest batsman to score 1000 runs in least number of matches beating Virat.

Cruising towards giving a sweeet and smart clean sweep to NZ :)

Only In T20's.

Pakistan is just unstoppable at the moment in T20's and without a doubt the best T20 side in the world. The 12 point difference between No 1 Pakistan and No 2 India is fairly deserved as Pakistan has outclassed all the teams in T20 easily. Yet another series victory and in what comprehensive way. Well done.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
We should not forget that Virat has been to international cricket quite longer compared to Babar Azam for all three formats. If babar continued to improve his form and fitness he will be right up there in the ODI and tests as well with top players like Virat, Kane and Smith.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
There would be an inevitable regression when Misbah and Younis left, but Pakistan seem to be pulling back quite well in Tests. They drew in England, and played quite well against the Aussies in the UAE. Just a few issues with batting int he middle order. The T20i success is now well documented. But for some reason, when the format doesn't dictate approach, Pakistan struggle. In other words, they seem to be of two minds in ODIs. With tests, the Misbah approach still works. Take it easy and accumulate slowly. With t20s, they seem to come out with a plan. With ODI's though, there is some confusion it seems. At least that's how it seems. Bowlers also become a bit uncertain of whether to attack or defend. Hopefully this series coming up will be better competition than the Asia Cup. Would like to see more fight from the Black Caps. They looked a bit flat, especially after the powerplay. Hopefully Santner can give them a push.

EDIT: Here's whom I would play.

Fakhar Zaman
Imam-ul-Haq
Babar Azam
Mohammad Hafeez
Shoaib Malik
Sarfraz Ahmed
Shadab Khan
Faheem Ashraf,
Imad Wasim
Hasan Ali
Junaid Khan

The only real difference is that I would play Junaid, who looked impressive in the last Asia cup game instead of another batsman. I might even be tempted to move Babar up and send Fakhar down the order more. He's been struggling up the top. With Imam, he might even feel more pressure. Or alternatively, it might make some sense to send Babar as an opener and move Imam down to three. His game suits more of a no. 3. He doesn't seem too well suited for powerplay overs.
I think Sarfaraz needs to step up and play as a batsman first instead of sending allrounders before him to bat just because supposedly they can slog better. If you're playing as a batsman, you should come first, no matter what the situation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread