Big Bash Boom | Big Ant's New Game

• Thread starter Deleted member 185125
  • Start date

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
I generally don't post anything at all and just observe what's going on but the kind of hate and opinions most of the said "experts" have been expressing is just sad.

I understand you want an authentic experience but when you say this is not going to work, what is that based on? Do you have numbers or examples to back it?

Just because you want an authentic experience doesn't mean everyone else wants it too.

In my opinion a casual/arcade cricket game could do wonders, not everybody has the time to play even 1 hour nonstop. Yes, I do have an example to back it - Mario Tennis, the game is insanely fun and so many people play it online. I am not saying that the game will be less or more fun than Mario Tennis.

Making an arcade game doesn't mean that it will have no difficulty curve or skill to master, it will come with its own mechanics, diffculty curve, which you'll need to master.

I can't wait for this game to come out & play with friends over drinks.

I think the main issues for most is the price it's being released at, the price itself will put a lot of people off from buying it. Most arcade games (at least here in Australia) will sell for $50 or less.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ashes Cricket 2009 by Codemasters was fun on WII despite real bad graphics (compared to the PC Version)!

Agreed. Much maligned by the core, but loved by the mainstream. It sold twice as many as the 360 or PS3 version... (which were utterly different, separately developed, games).

Reactions: DAP

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Agreed. Much maligned by the core, but loved by the mainstream. It sold twice as many as the 360 or PS3 version... (which were utterly different, separately developed, games).
It was the first game that felt like I was actually playing normal cricket. Lot of fun. So, even this upcoming game can be a lot of fun (hope I get it somehow, since it is is unlikely to release in Hong Kong)!

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Not gonna purchase it for full price , May after 6months , but at that time CW 19 will be releasing so I will definitely getting that ,so in a nutshell I might skip it unless it turn out to be a huge success and fun game.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Not gonna purchase it for full price , May after 6months , but at that time CW 19 will be releasing so I will definitely getting that ,so in a nutshell I might skip it unless it turn out to be a huge success and fun game.

CW 19? Assuming you expect Big Ant to pull that one out of no where and announce very close to the WC? The problem will be if they do that, it will just end up being a copy and paste of Ashes but more than likely without any licensing this time around.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
CW 19? Assuming you expect Big Ant to pull that one out of no where and announce very close to the WC? The problem will be if they do that, it will just end up being a copy and paste of Ashes but more than likely without any licensing this time around.
How it is to improve certain areas of game play from Ashes game and release with named CWC19 at the time of WC with Aus and Eng licences. Then rest of the participant teams in WC might have to be created with the help of Academy legends like Llewelyn and Snowy.

Cricket Lover 1943

Club Cricketer
B
Big ant never decreases there price ashes cricket price is same digital as the day it was released only physical copy has no value 10 dollars you can get but digital version the price is same as the day it was released

D

Dutch

B

Big ant never decreases there price ashes cricket price is same digital as the day it was released only physical copy has no value 10 dollars you can get but digital version the price is same as the day it was released
Except for the half price sale they had recently.....:rolleyes

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Actually that will happen when the cw19 is about to get released so I will pick that instead or else
Ashes and AO tennis sold for 50% discount during last Halloween sale. Didn't you know that.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
How it is to improve certain areas of game play from Ashes game and release with named CWC19 at the time of WC with Aus and Eng licences. Then rest of the participant teams in WC might have to be created with the help of Academy legends like Llewelyn and Snowy.

Even if they do release a WC based game, I doubt they'll have the funding to get licensing for Australia and England again, I'll be very surprised if they release another game until the likely AO 2 in early 2020 after the Big Bash game comes out.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
They can do a dlc for the world cup as much as possible without a licence.It can't be a mistake that there is no world cup in the career mode.Maybe they can get a sponsor to fund the game or is that against what they stand for

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I think any World Cup license would be down to the ICC thinking there's money in it for them, cause that's their priority. Given the influence the ECB and Cricket Australia have I'd imagine it would only take the BCCI to get on board to have all of the others fall in line. But the main priority of the BCCI is the same as the ICC.

Personally, it's gonna take big improvements to the gameplay - you know, the cricket - rather than more licenses to get me on board for buying any future games.

Reactions: DAP

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
if cricket games would generate even half the revenue of a fifa game.The near perfect game would have been made by now.

Users who are viewing this thread