PC Bugs noticed so far

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
TLDR: Tentatively I'm going to say I might have solved it with Nvidia Control Panel.

@Dutch It's happened before only with DBC 17 and Ashes. In the past I've spent hours on the phone with tech support from where I bought the PC trying to get to the bottom of it. With DBC 17 the solution suggested was: "play a different game." :lol Although I did solve it eventually it's been that long I can't remember exactly what I did. Recently had to install a new SSD and Windows, so any settings I may have had preventing it might have been removed. I did initially think it could be the controller, when playing DBC 17, but tried it with other games and there was no problem. Unistalled and reinstalled the controller with Ashes and still the issue persisted.

@beechcroft I do have WhoCrashed but it's not really helped me get to the bottom of it. I did try it in unison with the driver Verifier progam on Windows and an issue with the driver for my headset was highlighted. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Still crashed. Like the when I tested the controller on other games, I have had no issues with my headset. It is only Big Ant games (Ashes & DBC 17) that have caused this issue of consistent BSOD. No issues when playing the likes of Doom, GTA V, Wolfenstein, Dishonored 2, Prey on the highest graphical settings, where I'd expect to encounter the same problem.

ANYWAY, I have the FPS counter on my screen to keep track of the frames per second when playing PUBG. So it also appears in other games. With Ashes one thing that had always confused me was why it would be over 200. When the games first loads it's four figures! I just assumed it's a bad reading by Steam or I don't understand fully how it works and what it displays. Having exhausted all other options (controller, headset, drivers, adjust power settings, switching to a different 4-way plug adapter) I thought I'd have a look into that. I went into the Nvidia Control Panel and changed the VSync setting from 3D Application Setting to Adaptive. I did change a couple of other settings but VSync relates to the FPS. Lo and behold when I fired the game up the FPS was capped at 60. Played 20+ overs. No crash. Then, I'm not sure why (I think my monitor/graphics card may reset my display when playing the game because the refresh rate goes from 144 to 120), when I next loaded the game up the high FPS returned. Crash. Went back and made sure the settings were how I had them and I've just played a session without a crash. The FPS was limited to 60.
eQ20E.jpg

Someone who knows more about this sort of thing than me might be able to give a reason for this making a difference - my layman's logic is, perhaps, trying to process all those frames causes my GPU to overpower/overheat and crash the system.

I'm going to keep an eye on it but I've not been able to play as far as 10 overs without a crash for a few weeks and it had even started happening just using the academy. So there's definitely an improvement.

CC: @MattW @BigAntStudios this might be of interest to you

Last edited:

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
BigAnt should be able to help you. Have you tried reporting this via [email protected]? I've found that you get a better chance of a response than tagging them here.

Does WhoCrashed report anything? If so, what does it report?

I have a GTX 1080, and haven't found the need change the VSync setting. However, my PC does get really warm when running Ashes, which is a bit worrying.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
BigAnt should be able to help you. Have you tried reporting this via [email protected]? I've found that you get a better chance of a response than tagging them here.

Does WhoCrashed report anything? If so, what does it report?

I have a GTX 1080, and haven't found the need change the VSync setting. However, my PC does get really warm when running Ashes, which is a bit worrying.
I switched back to the 3D Application Setting for VSync in the Nvidia Control Panel (mine is the GTX 1070) to see what would happen. FPS upto circa 2500 for intro, 250 in game. 3.5 overs and it crashed.

Rekx2J3.png

Parth Desai

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No dice. Even on 0.

Knowing I can change the resolution in that file while the game is closed will cut down the time I spent opening and closing the game to bypass the problem though, so thanks for that at least. :p
Well,

About a month ago, I have purchased this game on Steam for PC Version. Enjoyed a lot !

Just a clarification needed. In the short pitch deliveries player was unable to play the hook or pull shots. In fact, the player leaves hope of connecting the ball altogether to go to the keeper. Whether this is a bug or it is to select to be made in the experience level like Veterans, Rookie, Legend, etc. If this is so, what is the best selection so that one can play hook or pull shot ? if this is the bug, is there the patch released already to fix this problem ?

Awaiting your reply.

Thank you.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Kernel crashes are nasty. Have you tried running Windows Troubleshoot in Settings? Run the Blue Screen, and Hardware and Devices tests.

After that run the SFC and DISM commands as described here:
https://www.howtogeek.com/222532/ho...-system-files-with-the-sfc-and-dism-commands/
I gave these a try and nothing.

I did turn VSync on in the game - I got about 15 overs before everything locked up - screen froze, couldn't escape to Windows and had to restart. No BSOD though.

I've no idea why but having Vsync controlled in Nvidia Control Panel seems to be the only way to prevent the game from crashing for me! Like I mentioned I'd had to do a fresh install of Windows it's conceivable this was how I had it set before then but hadn't thought to change it on the new install of Windows.

Brian The Tea Towel

School Cricketer
Unsure whether this is restricted to PC or simply my PC or I'm just completely behind in the game but:

• Reflex catch marker moves at a snail's pace, therefore making taking any catches basically impossible as the ball moves faster than the marker. Emailed Big Ant enquires about this a while ago, no response.
  • In 50 over matches in career mode, chasing team will always score at roughly 10 RPO. Teams consistently chasing down 300+ scores in 30-35 overs with 2 or 3 wickets down, players routinely scoring 30-40 ball centuries.
Anyone else have any experience with these? Any help greatly appreciated.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In 50 over matches in career mode, chasing team will always score at roughly 10 RPO. Teams consistently chasing down 300+ scores in 30-35 overs with 2 or 3 wickets down, players routinely scoring 30-40 ball centuries.
Are you simulating the game while playing? Yes, the run chases are ridiculous in career mode game play though. Wish developers might tweak it someday.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Unsure whether this is restricted to PC or simply my PC or I'm just completely behind in the game but:

• Reflex catch marker moves at a snail's pace, therefore making taking any catches basically impossible as the ball moves faster than the marker. Emailed Big Ant enquires about this a while ago, no response.
  • In 50 over matches in career mode, chasing team will always score at roughly 10 RPO. Teams consistently chasing down 300+ scores in 30-35 overs with 2 or 3 wickets down, players routinely scoring 30-40 ball centuries.
Anyone else have any experience with these? Any help greatly appreciated.
Yea I experience the same issues.

Brian The Tea Towel

School Cricketer
Are you simulating the game while playing? Yes, the run chases are ridiculous in career mode game play though. Wish developers might tweak it someday.

Yeah I simulate what I'm not involved in. I also get smashed for 10 RPO while bowling in the second innings though, when I can normally keep it down below a run a ball depending on the game situation

Users who are viewing this thread