England Tour Of Sri-Lanka : 5 ODI, 1 T20I & 3 Test: Oct 10-Nov 27, 2018

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
This is one hell of an English side. Their abundance of allrounders are what could achieve them better success overseas than the other teams. Every team has struggled in SL, apart from the subcontinent teams while took the series quite comfortably. Sri Lanka asked for a turner, still they lost. That's shows how strong this English side could be abroad.

While the significance of England's series victory cannot be understated, let's not forget this Sri Lankan side is probably on the same level as a team from the lower end of Division 1 (County) or the higher reaches of Division 2. With Herath over-the-hill/missing, they had no bowlers who could actively trouble the batsmen. Burns has shown signs that he belongs at this level but greater tests lie ahead.

The spinners were the biggest positive from England's perspective but I wonder who they'll go with when they can choose only two. Moeen rightly seems like a shoo-in at the moment due to his all-round prowess but who will support him? Rashid and Leach are extremes in their own right, one being too volatile and the other being so steady that he risks being pedestrian at times. The team isn't any closer to unearthing genuine fast bowlers to support Anderson and Broad as well. We'll have to stay patient to see the real potential of this English side. There are some obvious gems in there but so are glaring holes which people seem to miss.

D

Dutch

Can only see one way this game is going although I think the scores have been slightly flattering for England...….but it should take nothing away from winning in very un-England like conditions!

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can only see one way this game is going although I think the scores have been slightly flattering for England...….but it should take nothing away from winning in very un-England like conditions!
I cannot decide if England have been that good or Sri Lanka that bad ?

Users who are viewing this thread