OTHER Snooker 19

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My go-to snooker game is Virtual Pool 4, but that's PC only.
Ah what I liked about wsc 2005 was the well animated players and looks like this game will do the same !

D

Deleted member 9102

From the makers of Pure Pool. Sounds very promising! :thumbs
Hmm... Pure Pool has some horrible snooker physics. Just look at the bounce off the cushions...

Flashy/shiny graphics but nothing else was really appealing about that game to me.

Shooters Pool and Virtual Pool are miles ahead of anything else so far for snooker, though I'll probably still buy this for the licensed stuff/career mode as long as the gameplay is passable. The old Codies games from 2000-2004 were pretty good, hopefully this can match them!

JoeS31

Club Captain
Yeah the snooker wasn't great on it but I really liked the pool side to it. What I enjoyed most was the control scheme, using the analog stick like a cue was a real nice touch, added a bit of a skill gap.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Shooter's Pool looks good, but I believe it's an online-only game. I don't play online games. VP4 has AI opponents, and it's clear that Snooker 19 will too.

I assume it'll come out before the next WSC in April.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Couple of things -
1) The publisher is the same as the Pool Game (which is terrible imo btw)
2) The developer is different (and pretty much brand new company)
3) World Championship Snooker is one of my favourite things I've ever worked on. I loved those games.
4) This is the best pool game http://poolpanic.com/

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Another new snooker game, This Is Pool, coming next year. Hopefully, at least one of these new games will be good.

http://voofoo.games/game/this-is-pool/
The best thing about this is that there is competition now. Two company’s developing the game is good for the consumer and hopefully will raise the bar - hopefully!

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
The best thing about this is that there is competition now. Two company’s developing the game is good for the consumer and hopefully will raise the bar - hopefully!
Did not happen with Tennis or Cricket. Back in the days BA competed with 505 and look what happened. Even in Tennis, BA and other company were face to face. None actually did good. Both have mixed reviews.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Did not happen with Tennis or Cricket. Back in the days BA competed with 505 and look what happened. Even in Tennis, BA and other company were face to face. None actually did good. Both have mixed reviews.

I'm not sure I agree with you with regards to the tennis game. AOIT clearly not ready for prime time when it was released, but there were many patches made subsequently to get it into reasonable shape. I don't know whether the work done after the release was due to the competition from TWT, the bad reviews, or BA's desire to make a better game, but clearly having another tennis game come out within a few months of AOIT's release was a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread