LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I dont think so there is any need to replace captain. We all understand that after the departure of Younis Khan and Misbah, The middle order has never left with that strength. YK and Misbah specially YK played crucial roles in winning test matches or saving them many many times. Particualrlt In Uae and who can forget his double ton in England and his superb century in his last tour to Australia. Though we lost the match, But Younis was the one of the best batsman of his time in World Cricket.

Post them, The most onus lied with Asad Shafiq and Azhar Ali to take up the role, while both have been disappointing and major set back is the inconsistenty. Particularly Asad Shafiq who has always been inconsistent thought he performed better at no. 6 position. His promotion up the orde didnt work in middle order.

Babar Azam is a top talent batsman. Those calling him disappointment posses a tiny cricket literacy. Management just has to fine tune the lineup. Have a fresh pair of openers. I would back Fakhar Zaman and Sami Aslam/Shan Masood and even Shehzad as he gets back his form and ban lifts over. Promote Babar up there and must have a back up batsman who can be tried out in place of all Haris, Azhar and shafiq so a competition builds up.

As far as captaincy goes, Its true that Sarfraz is the only choice at the moment, Its better he learns things quickly.

For the tour of South Africa, you cant really say Pakistan lost confidence before it Lol can u really say that ?? You know very well how unpredictable Pakistan can be and that every team knows so there is always a bright chance out there of us coming back with au bang.

The series was overall pretty good 2-1 defeat is acceptable. Somerville and Grandhomme shouls be thankful to Pakistan that they have given both players a good run for some days or maybe an year.

Kane Williamson is a huge fighter and top quality batsman, He is a match winner. Though this match was lost because of more mistakes from our side than Kane's captaincy on field.
You'll see again and agai in time when ever we will be asked to chase in ODIs or Test our players will feel all the pressure and you'll see repeat of today's performace. Our batsmen are mentally weak be it domestic or International and when you again and again neglect domestic top scorers you clearly don't want Pakistan cricket to improve.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
You'll see again and agai in time when ever we will be asked to chase in ODIs or Test our players will feel all the pressure and you'll see repeat of today's performace. Our batsmen are mentally weak be it domestic or International and when you again and again neglect domestic top scorers you clearly don't want Pakistan cricket to improve.

True, but Pakistan has adapt a bit to modern day cricket in recent past. But ofcourse a lot of work has to be done on mental fitness.. for most test matches. Probably somethings are in nature Pakistan has been like this for ages rather since beginning. But blunders should not be made. For example, What is the point of inducting Imam Ul Haq again in South Africa ? Dropping Mir Hamza and Saad Ali without giving him proper chances and inducting a T20 ordinary guy Faheem Ashrad in a test match ?

Pakistan has many problems with team balance as well. The right combination. You win with consistency and stability. That includes having a rightful winning combination in my humble opinion

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I do want to talk about Hafeez a bit. He has been.good in asian conditions but its a blessing in disguise his retirement... he played a smart move. He might have a fear of getting dropped from both one day and T20s. He had huge potential, had a compact technique but he never got to capitalized on it and will be remembered as an ordinary player for Pakistan

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
First of all, what a great game from NZ. After that first innings, how do you go on to win. Brilliant bit of cricketing and execution. That Kane Williamson is really something. I think he's way better than Joe Root personally. Not sure why Root gets all the hooblah. Not saying Root's a bad player. Williamson is in another league with his demeanor and captaincy. I guess it's because he's not English, or part of the big 3.

For Pakistan, all I'll say is YUCK. That is all.

I do agree with the captaincy criticisms. Sarfaraz is definitely not a good captain. The longer the format, the more he struggles. He probably should also not be captaining the ODI side. Why not take the new ball right away? OK, once that decision is made to minimize runs, why then take it right away the next day when NZ is being aggressive? Surely the new ball is a better idea against defensive tactics. His performances are also not inspiring any confidence. Although, no one is right now in batting. Mohammad Rizwan is knocking on that door. Consistently performing with the A team. Mr. Nephew still gets picked for the next series. I guess we're just going to drag that along. Some people think all they need to show decency and good character is to grow a beard I guess.

Believe

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Super proud of our boys for getting through that, although (as others have said) Pakistan's 2nd innings batting helped us immensely. Babar looked good (although a couple scares against Somerville) but the way he threw his wicket away was poor, and the last three batsmen? Do they even know what a draw is? That was terrible TERRIBLE batting... If they had just defended even 5 overs it would've made us think about changing things up, no way should they have been trying to slog their way through...

I do have one question though for our Pakistan users.. Why all the dislike for Imam Ul-Haq? I do understand that his selection is seen as favouritism as he is Inzi's nephew, but I actually think he looks quite decent.. Does have a tendency to play at balls outside off he shouldn't, but his general technique is quite good. Are his domestic stats average? Or are there just better performers?

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Super proud of our boys for getting through that, although (as others have said) Pakistan's 2nd innings batting helped us immensely. Babar looked good (although a couple scares against Somerville) but the way he threw his wicket away was poor, and the last three batsmen? Do they even know what a draw is? That was terrible TERRIBLE batting... If they had just defended even 5 overs it would've made us think about changing things up, no way should they have been trying to slog their way through...

I do have one question though for our Pakistan users.. Why all the dislike for Imam Ul-Haq? I do understand that his selection is seen as favouritism as he is Inzi's nephew, but I actually think he looks quite decent.. Does have a tendency to play at balls outside off he shouldn't, but his general technique is quite good. Are his domestic stats average? Or are there just better performers?

The issue with Imam is that he seems to be an incredibly selfish player. He seems to be playing for his wicket irrespective of the situation (in fact, a lot of Pakistani batsmen seem to have this problem. Hafeez was a prime candidate for this, although lately he's tried to change that in LO). This is much more evident in his short one day career. His stats are also padded against weaker oppositions. Someone like Sami Aslam for eg., who would seem statistically similar, has played much better innings against stronger oppositions. Secondly, he's undoubtedly been rushed through the system. There are far too many more experienced openers in the domestic circuit that deserve this change over him. Admittedly, they may not be that much more skilled, but they're definitely not worse than him. No one is saying he's a terrible player, ,or that he has no potential. However, I think most people would agree, Test cricket should not be played on potential. Look at what Umar Akmal gave us. You can test for potential in LO cricket, or down in domestic.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
There were better domestic performers than him when he got selected. But since inzi preferred him. He has to show that he was selected on merit (In tests)

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Agreed, Kane Willimson definitely quite far ahead than Root in terms of fighting spirit, batting and calmness towards style of captaincy and play. The english media though considers Root higher than Kohli even.

Coming towards Pakistan, I belive that Sarfraz should continue, Changing captain so close to World Cup wont be great however He needs.to perform his bat, take responsibility and should yell a lot less behind the stumps.

Personally, I would prefer Shoaib Malik to lead the side in the World Cup. However, Malik track record as captain shows that he gets in way too under pressure to himself in crunch situations. I think South Africa tour should be the deciding one.

Last edited:

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I do want to talk about Hafeez a bit. He has been.good in asian conditions but its a blessing in disguise his retirement... he played a smart move. He might have a fear of getting dropped from both one day and T20s. He had huge potential, had a compact technique but he never got to capitalized on it and will be remembered as an ordinary player for Pakistan

:lol[DOUBLEPOST=1544255164][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm so angry at Pakistan. They really need to get rid of the current captain and coach. I just saw the highlights to see if I saw something that wasn't there and I just do not understand those last 3 shots.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
:lol[DOUBLEPOST=1544255164][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm so angry at Pakistan. They really need to get rid of the current captain and coach. I just saw the highlights to see if I saw something that wasn't there and I just do not understand those last 3 shots.

How and when you became so childish in your comments I m afraid. Under Mickey and Sarfraz Pakistan has trashed down all sides in the T20 format. In ODIS we are improving day by day. Most importantly all players plays like a unit under Sarfraz. There is quite much harmony. Have you forgotten CT final? And the way Pakistan come back and thrashed all opposition with some superb in swinging bowling ? You may call it a fluke for your own delight but that wasnt the case.

The case is with right team combination and to rectify some selection blunders.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
How and when you became so childish in your comments I m afraid. Under Mickey and Sarfraz Pakistan has trashed down all sides in the T20 format. In ODIS we are improving day by day. Most importantly all players plays like a unit under Sarfraz. There is quite much harmony. Have you forgotten CT final? And the way Pakistan come back and thrashed all opposition with some superb in swinging bowling ? You may call it a fluke for your own delight but that wasnt the case.

The case is with right team combination and to rectify some selection blunders.

First of all, I don't need any quality certificate from you or anyone else about my posts. If you think they don't fit your age bracket, there's always the ignore option. Second, most of your posts are outright lame which add nothing to a discussion but just the typical media bytes which anyone can read up on any webbie. The discussion here is about a test series Pakistan has lost, a team and country so rich in history that people overseas would fear when they visited their shores. Today, the misery has come to a point where we are singing praises over victories in a format which is purely entertainment based if it's not a world cup match. And for god's sake, shut the eff up with the CT final already. Is that meant to be some sort of dig? Congratulations! Pakistan played really well in that tournament and deserved to win but I don't think they are a team that should rest on that single achievement forever. MS Dhoni won us two world cups, that doesn't mean he's an automatic entry into the 2019 world cup team. There is a fundamental problem the moment Pakistan don't bat first and the last three wickets were a serious show of management and leadership failure.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
First of all, I don't need any quality certificate from you or anyone else about my posts. If you think they don't fit your age bracket, there's always the ignore option. Second, most of your posts are outright lame which add nothing to a discussion but just the typical media bytes which anyone can read up on any webbie. The discussion here is about a test series Pakistan has lost, a team and country so rich in history that people overseas would fear when they visited their shores. Today, the misery has come to a point where we are singing praises over victories in a format which is purely entertainment based if it's not a world cup match. And for god's sake, shut the eff up with the CT final already. Is that meant to be some sort of dig? Congratulations! Pakistan played really well in that tournament and deserved to win but I don't think they are a team that should rest on that single achievement forever. MS Dhoni won us two world cups, that doesn't mean he's an automatic entry into the 2019 world cup team. There is a fundamental problem the moment Pakistan don't bat first and the last three wickets were a serious show of management and leadership failure.

Well, Your only misery that you dont come to some sensible views till you asked for with either a dose or explanation and you are forgetting that you quoted mine, bolded it and made a comment which had no sense. So a reply was due mate ;)

When you come out suddenly and make baseless comments of terrible, fluke etc which has no bases whatsoever. Questions do raise. You dont understand the dynamics and culture of Pakistan team so thats why asking for basless demands of changing captain, coach and trying to undermine the talent we possess with your mocking words.

And please dont talk to me about media bites hahaha, Specially you should not since you know how many of indian players were , have been and are more over hype of your media than the real meat.

As far as CT goes, Its not really a dig rather quoted as reference to give you a reminder that you forget what fast bowling talent the current lot really possess and you cant change captain and coach this close to World Cup. Test is a different format.

All cricket formats core is entertainment, do you really understand what cricket is ? If T20 format is that non-important for you then you won't be dying to celebrate for T20 victories and whining when india loses so we have to respect each format which is accepted as international and the organization World T20 and serieses do tell us about its existence.

Rather you should be worry about that despite pouring billions of resources into IPL and going ga ga over T20 cricket. Pakistan clinched the thrown so easily and has been number 1

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
@LiveLoveABD you are saying the right thing. But your way of posting clearly suggest hate for Pakistan

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
@LiveLoveABD you are saying the right thing. But your way of posting clearly suggest hate for Pakistan

I hate Pakistan? You are very mistaken my friend. If there is ever a tournament India can't win, my first second team is Pakistan followed by SA. Is there any nationality in the world who are just like Indians and Pakistanis? As similar as that? That partition hurts me and will hurt me till I leave this planet for good. Pakistan is brotherhood for me..

Also, I'm a complete wanna be Urdu speaker and probably the biggest Akram fan you will find. And, I'm as black and white a person as you will find so I'll tell you straight that I hate Bangladesh. As a cricket team. :D

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Well, Your only misery that you dont come to some sensible views till you asked for with either a dose or explanation and you are forgetting that you quoted mine, bolded it and made a comment which had no sense. So a reply was due mate ;)

When you come out suddenly and make baseless comments of terrible, fluke etc which has no bases whatsoever. Questions do raise. You dont understand the dynamics and culture of Pakistan team so thats why asking for basless demands of changing captain, coach and trying to undermine the talent we possess with your mocking words.

And please dont talk to me about media bites hahaha, Specially you should not since you know how many of indian players were , have been and are more over hype of your media than the real meat.

As far as CT goes, Its not really a dig rather quoted as reference to give you a reminder that you forget what fast bowling talent the current lot really possess and you cant change captain and coach this close to World Cup. Test is a different format.

All cricket formats core is entertainment, do you really understand what cricket is ? If T20 format is that non-important for you then you won't be dying to celebrate for T20 victories and whining when india loses so we have to respect each format which is accepted as international and the organization World T20 and serieses do tell us about its existence.

Rather you should be worry about that despite pouring billions of resources into IPL and going ga ga over T20 cricket. Pakistan clinched the thrown so easily and has been number 1

You are the reason forums become unbearable. You just made a list. Congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread