NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Looks like religious discrimination, plain and simple.

Also, could someone clarify the word "Hindutva" for me? Does the BJP believe in Hindu supremacy? I know i can find it online, but i'd like to hear the views of actual Indian voters.

First point, yes it looks like religious discrimination but will not happen. Amit Shah saying that does not mean it will be implemented and accepted.

Hindutva is just a coined term that got out of hand. The opposition started spreading the word and as mentioned to Abhi, the BJP shot itself in the foot by playing into the opposition hands. No one, and I mean no one I know believes in that word. Yes there are few fanatics who believe in that word but hey... all religions have that fanatics. Muslims have Jehadi's.. Christians have their ara ra ra gange.. (ones that convert people on stage with the false narrative of healing people), the Sikhs have Khalistani supporters. So every religion have few fanatics..

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
My two cents on this election

This is not BJP vs Congress election, this is Narendra Modi vs Everyone else election. Congress being reduced to 44 seats in 2014 was because of their own fault. 10 years of scams and little progress ousted them. Just as an example from my own perspective it took them 10 years to build the Mumbai Metro and just line 1. We have 8 lines I think that are concurrently being built right now and on an average in last 5 years of BJP governance 50% of the work is completed amongst those lines.

Narendra Modi has always been a villain figure in public because of the 2012 riots, other leaders under whom riots have happened have lived a merry life and have never seen such lime light. The rise in Modi's arrogance, attitude and ego was because of this fact. Even after so many push backs, he did become the PM of the worlds largest democracy.

Opposition had 0 narrative even going into this campaign and this is why politics in India sucks Opposition did not put forward what they vision for the country, they only put forward what Modi did bad. If they would have put forward a vision to the eyes of the people, things would have been different. I supported Aam Aadmi Party, but what has Kejriwal reduced that party too?

On BJP side, if and only if they would have controlled their ministers from barking shit in public places, this whole narrative of HINDUTVA would have shot in the oppositions face.

With opposition's vision only being defeating Modi, there is no good choice then Modi currently whether one likes it or not. I certainly do not want Mamta Banerjee to be my PM or Rahul Gandhi for that matter. While Mamta is a stronger personality compared to Gandhi, Mamta's own state WB has been a shamble. Rahul Gandhi on the other hand should no where even be leading the Congress Party. Scindia is a much better option compared to Gandhi.

Your thoughts?

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My two cents on this election

This is not BJP vs Congress election, this is Narendra Modi vs Everyone else election. Congress being reduced to 44 seats in 2014 was because of their own fault. 10 years of scams and little progress ousted them. Just as an example from my own perspective it took them 10 years to build the Mumbai Metro and just line 1. We have 8 lines I think that are concurrently being built right now and on an average in last 5 years of BJP governance 50% of the work is completed amongst those lines.

Narendra Modi has always been a villain figure in public because of the 2012 riots, other leaders under whom riots have happened have lived a merry life and have never seen such lime light. The rise in Modi's arrogance, attitude and ego was because of this fact. Even after so many push backs, he did become the PM of the worlds largest democracy.

Opposition had 0 narrative even going into this campaign and this is why politics in India sucks Opposition did not put forward what they vision for the country, they only put forward what Modi did bad. If they would have put forward a vision to the eyes of the people, things would have been different. I supported Aam Aadmi Party, but what has Kejriwal reduced that party too?

On BJP side, if and only if they would have controlled their ministers from barking shit in public places, this whole narrative of HINDUTVA would have shot in the oppositions face.

With opposition's vision only being defeating Modi, there is no good choice then Modi currently whether one likes it or not. I certainly do not want Mamta Banerjee to be my PM or Rahul Gandhi for that matter. While Mamta is a stronger personality compared to Gandhi, Mamta's own state WB has been a shamble. Rahul Gandhi on the other hand should no where even be leading the Congress Party. Scindia is a much better option compared to Gandhi.

Your thoughts?
You are not really taking into account the way minorities are treated in the name of Hindutva. Though BJP have already understood the fact that it isn't possible to bring in Hindutva easily into the country, it's very late to accept that fact. BJP leaders may have forgotten about hindutva, but their party workers, booth level workers, state units still believe and follow those agendas. Yogi Adityanath is the example for this. His indirect attempt to impose hindutva in UP by promoting 'Ghar Wapsi', mob lynching etc.. Just go through my opinion on this Hindutva topic, I've given my own example and experience on things that have actually happened around me.

Again, Me being the supporter of Congress doesn't mean that I support Rahul Gandhi as PM candidate. Rahul Gandhi has made a joke of himself in his early political career and his immature speeches in 2014-2015 are some of the examples. Adding fuel to that, BJP has made sure to bring a solid 'immature guy' impression among the voters with a branding 'Pappu'.

I can compare Kohli's Captaincy to Rahul's leadership. Though, both the things are completely different, I believe they are similar in terms of skill such as leadership. While people can believe in Kohli that he MIGHT improve as a captain in future, same can be said for Rahul aswell. We can see how a 2014 Pappu turned into 2019 Rahul Gandhi. Still he has lots to improve.

I was about to post this earlier today, but forgot to post. My PM candidate from Congress would be -
1. Priyanka Gandhi
2. Jyothiraditya Scindia
3. Sachin Pilot.

Each of the above are more than capable of leading the country. I'll tell you why -

Priyanka Gandhi has been known for her solid speeches and an amazing crowd puller. She is known her words and know what is good for the party, people and the country as a whole. Her resemblance to her grand mother Indira Gandhi is one of the reasons why people like her. Her introduction into active politics this year means that she may take the top position as PM candidate of Congress in the next Lok Sabha election.

Scindia is an amazing leader, top speaker and a visionary. He has been amazing young politician for Congress and has also been a Union minister in the past. He too knows how to speak, react and also take right decisions for the party.

Sachin Pilot is a fantastic leader. If Congress looks out for a party chief in the future, he is a great pick. There was a time in 2013-2015 when many senior Congress leaders switched to BJP and other parties in Rajasthan. Sachin came to rescue as he built a solid Congress party in the state with youngsters in 5 years and we know what was the outcome during 2018 election. While picking CM for the state, people got angry for selecting Gehlot. Because Sachin was the only reason for revival of Congress in the state and it was injustice for his hardwork. He too has been an Union minister in the past.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
You are not really taking into account the way minorities are treated in the name of Hindutva.

While I respect your opinion and thoughts, I beg to differ. Yes we have seen incidents of mob lynching but minorities in India are only treated badly by politicians in their speeches, in their rallies. Deep down you and I both know that most of the population in India feel and know they are in a safe zone. Also I do not understand the term minorities. Why are Muslims calling themselves minority? 15% of India's population is Muslim, they are no longer minorities. If the minorities were treated bad, Islam as a religion would not be the fastest growing religion in India. Also other countries try to teach us on minorities should know that we have more Muslims in our country than the entire population of that other country. So what is this minority?

Also while I agree that mob lynching has increased in last 5 years, we have also seen numerous cases where the reason for the lynching was not RELIGION. It is us as people who bring in religion/caste in every tweaking topic. MOVE ON from religion. We do not need smart cities... we need smart people.

Hindu's who should understand what is fake news and what is real news and stop spreading hate on Whatsapp and Facebook, Muslims who should understand what is fake news and what is real news should stop spreading hate on whatsapp and facebook. WE ARE in the year 2019, come on... we are no longer in 1992 where there was a huge riot in Mumbai between Hindu's and Muslims.. we are no longer in 2002 era of Gujarat Riots.. heck the 2017 Muzaffaranagar riots started as a traffic incident but few thought to provoke others on religious grounds.

My Muslim friend and I just spoke last week, he hates Narendra Modi, I DO NOT HATE HIM FOR THAT. It is his choice, similarly he respects my choice of NOT FALLING IN FOR CONGRESS.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
1. Priyanka Gandhi
2. Jyothiraditya Scindia
3. Sachin Pilot.

Each of the above are more than capable of leading the country. I'll tell you why -

Priyanka Gandhi has been known for her solid speeches and an amazing crowd puller. She is known her words and know what is good for the party, people and the country as a whole. Her resemblance to her grand mother Indira Gandhi is one of the reasons why people like her. Her introduction into active politics this year means that she may take the top position as PM candidate of Congress in the next Lok Sabha election.

Resemblance to her grand mother, solid speeches.. amazing crowd puller makes her the number 1 candidate for Prime Minister post in your ranking. Again, I respect your opinion but that is just plain stupid. I can give you just two reasonson why she is not a good candidate to be even member of Congress Party

1. Robert Vadra... now are you ready to turn your eye blind for all the land grab cases he has against him?
2. DYNASTY RULE!!! Why should she be the number 1 candidate? Why not Pilot or Scindia? Just because she resembles to her grand mother and is a crowd puller?

Think really deep down and tell me what good has Sonia/Rahul ever done for even CONGRESS? Such a dignified man like Manmohan Singh was made to act like a puppet.

The reason Modi got elected was because of this... opposition's face in Rahul Gandhi and now Priyanka Gandhi. COUNTRY DOES NOT NEED THEM, they have all the money and they do not care. If they cared, they would have let Manmohan Singh lead the country the way he wanted.

AND NO... this is not based on Accidental Prime Minister movie, I have not even watched it. My cousin's father in law was in PMO during his 10 years, I know first hand account.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
I do not get this logic from both parties followers

From Congress Side

1. BJP promised corruption less India yet no cases against Sheila Dikshit, Robert Vadra etc.. CONGRESS DO YOU REALLY WANT A CASE?

what about the low level corruption? I have heard not seen ... in Mumbai its difficult to bribe a constable now to get out of traffic violation. I am sure it should be same in other states.

From BJP Side

1. Why the heck did you not push a case against Robert Vadra? WHAT ARE YOU REALLY WAITING FOR?[DOUBLEPOST=1555337687][/DOUBLEPOST]Also people are blaming BJP for no corruption cases on Vadra but are ready to turn blind eye on corruption when it comes to Rahul and Priyanka Gandhi?

Again my point is Rahul and Priyanka is not what India want.. India needs better leaders, young leaders.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
While I respect your opinion and thoughts, I beg to differ. Yes we have seen incidents of mob lynching but minorities in India are only treated badly by politicians in their speeches, in their rallies. Deep down you and I both know that most of the population in India feel and know they are in a safe zone. Also I do not understand the term minorities. Why are Muslims calling themselves minority? 15% of India's population is Muslim, they are no longer minorities. If the minorities were treated bad, Islam as a religion would not be the fastest growing religion in India. Also other countries try to teach us on minorities should know that we have more Muslims in our country than the entire population of that other country. So what is this minority?

Also while I agree that mob lynching has increased in last 5 years, we have also seen numerous cases where the reason for the lynching was not RELIGION. It is us as people who bring in religion/caste in every tweaking topic. MOVE ON from religion. We do not need smart cities... we need smart people.

Hindu's who should understand what is fake news and what is real news and stop spreading hate on Whatsapp and Facebook, Muslims who should understand what is fake news and what is real news should stop spreading hate on whatsapp and facebook. WE ARE in the year 2019, come on... we are no longer in 1992 where there was a huge riot in Mumbai between Hindu's and Muslims.. we are no longer in 2002 era of Gujarat Riots.. heck the 2017 Muzaffaranagar riots started as a traffic incident but few thought to provoke others on religious grounds.

My Muslim friend and I just spoke last week, he hates Narendra Modi, I DO NOT HATE HIM FOR THAT. It is his choice, similarly he respects my choice of NOT FALLING IN FOR CONGRESS.
That's your opinion on Minorities. I'm glad and respect you opinion. There aren't people like you in India. I'm using the term minority because 80% of people in India are Hindu. That is huge and can surely be called as majority and Hindu dominated country. Since 2014, the right wing have grown so strong that they are not really afraid of anyone. I've heard people saying, we are majority, we should teach these people a lesson. Seriously? What we have done to them who are angry on us? I belong to a community that is limited to 2.5% population in India (Christian). And I know how these Right wing people talk. You must celebrate Diwali and not Christmas. What language is that?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
That's your opinion on Minorities. I'm glad and respect you opinion. There aren't people like you in India. I'm using the term minority because 80% of people in India are Hindu. That is huge and can surely be called as majority and Hindu dominated country. Since 2014, the right wing have grown so strong that they are not really afraid of anyone. I've heard people saying, we are majority, we should teach these people a lesson. Seriously? What we have done to them who are angry on us? I belong to a community that is limited to 2.5% population in India (Christian). And I know how these Right wing people talk. You must celebrate Diwali and not Christmas. What language is that?
I very well know of atleast 150 people in my apartment complex who think like me. I know for a fact that my wife and my in laws and their friends think like me. Have a little faith in your country. Trust me when I say this because I have lived in a country that has Majority of Christian population since past 9 years now.

Out of 195 countries there only 2 countries that are Hindu dominated. Also the word dominated is too harsh. In the 70 years of Independence, I do not think any religion has ever been suppressed or not given a chance. A Muslim person was our President, we had the late George Fernandes who was the Railway minister is well respected.

What we tend to do is believe everything on Social Media and News Cycle. The fourth pillar of our democracy the MEDIA has been a complete sold out. Half the media houses are sold to BJP and half the meda houses are sold to Congress/oppositions.

Also who told you Hindu's do not celebrate festivals like Christmas? Do you even go out of your house and see the actual world? Either where I was born and raised was a different country all together.. either my travel to most of Indian state was actually in a different country all together.. I have not seen people discriminate.

IT IS THE POLITICIANS from both parties who DO THAT. NOT THE ACTUAL CITIZENS.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
You must celebrate Diwali and not Christmas. What language is that?

Those are just Social Media and News Talk, everyone wants their 2 minute fame. That is just a language spoken by both LEFT and RIGHT wingers. You believe in LEFT ideologies so will not see the limitations, I believe in CENTER (if there is anything as such)... pick up good from both wings. If you go out, talk to few people you will know majority will not believe in that language. Even if they are pro modi.

Also a new trend is trying to be politically correct, NO YOU do not have to.

@PresidentEvil tell me you have friends from all religions in your life? If yes do your HINDU friends believe they will not celebrate Christmas?

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
1. Robert Vadra... now are you ready to turn your eye blind for all the land grab cases he has against him?
If that's what you call negative about Priyanka, there aren't people in BJP whose family members are facing charges? How about Amit Shah himself who had a fake encounter under his name and faced many charges since 2008? How about BSY of Karnataka who went to jail being the CM of state on corruption charges in 2011?

DYNASTY RULE!!! Why should she be the number 1 candidate? Why not Pilot or Scindia? Just because she resembles to her grand mother and is a crowd puller?
Dynasty Rule? What exactly is a dynasty rule? Congress has the always carried out election to pick President of Party. It's not the fault of Gandhi- Nehru family that people don't file their candidature in these elections?

And for your very kind information, Congress has seen many non-gandhi family presidents in the past. Here's the list - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidents_of_the_Indian_National_Congress

And those three are my preference for the PM candidate, I haven't mentioned about the order of my preferences. I've just mentioned names. I'll say ANY OF THOSE.

Think really deep down and tell me what good has Sonia/Rahul ever done for even CONGRESS? Such a dignified man like Manmohan Singh was made to act like a puppet.
That doesn't come under election propoganda. If that's the case, you won't be surprised to hear that all the Union ministers are just puppets and it is the PM and Amit Shah who take final decision on any program, policy etc.. of different ministry? This is not my word, one of the Union minsiter who resigned from the central cabinet has mentioned in his resignation letter.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I very well know of atleast 150 people in my apartment complex who think like me. I know for a fact that my wife and my in laws and their friends think like me. Have a little faith in your country. Trust me when I say this because I have lived in a country that has Majority of Christian population since past 9 years now.

Out of 195 countries there only 2 countries that are Hindu dominated. Also the word dominated is too harsh. In the 70 years of Independence, I do not think any religion has ever been suppressed or not given a chance. A Muslim person was our President, we had the late George Fernandes who was the Railway minister is well respected.
Again I say, I'm talking about population. And I'm using the term minority based on population percentage of country.
Also who told you Hindu's do not celebrate festivals like Christmas? Do you even go out of your house and see the actual world? Either where I was born and raised was a different country all together.. either my travel to most of Indian state was actually in a different country all together.. I have not seen people discriminate.

IT IS THE POLITICIANS from both parties who DO THAT. NOT THE ACTUAL CITIZENS.
Did I ever mention that Hindus does not celebrate christman? Please enlighten me. If you are trying to say that Hindus celebrate Christmas so we should celebrate Diwali, we do celebrate Diwali, Holi, Navratri etc.. But my point is they are putting in Hindutva ideology in us. That's the problem. They destroy churches, attack religious people etc.. Google is the best source for getting info.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Hindutva is just a coined term that got out of hand. The opposition started spreading the word and as mentioned to Abhi, the BJP shot itself in the foot by playing into the opposition hands. No one, and I mean no one I know believes in that word. Yes there are few fanatics who believe in that word but hey... all religions have that fanatics. Muslims have Jehadi's.. Christians have their ara ra ra gange.. (ones that convert people on stage with the false narrative of healing people), the Sikhs have Khalistani supporters. So every religion have few fanatics..
Yeah, true, every religion has fanatics, but they've been in the news a lot.
These are from an international news outlet

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jul/20/mobs-killing-muslims-india-narendra-modi-bjp
On 17 July 2018 the supreme court of India condemned the epidemic of mob lynching in India, and asked the Indian parliament to draft legislation that would stop people from taking the law into their own hands. Within hours of the judgment, in the provincial state of Jharkhand, Swami Agnivesh, a spiritual leader and former minister known for promoting communal harmony in the country, was brutally attacked. The assailants were allegedly members of the youth wing of the ruling Bharatiya Janata party (BJP) of the prime minister, Narendra Modi. In an interview with a news agency, CP Singh, a minister from the same BJP-ruled state, justified the attack. “He talks against Hindus,” he said, “makes anti-national comments, supports Kashmiri separatists and Naxals.”
One would have expected the prime minister to call for an end to this violence. Yet a week after the attacks in Hapur, Jayant Sinha, one of the most important ministers in Modi’s cabinet, honoured eight convicts accused of lynching and killing a Muslim man.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/18/india-republic-fear-narendra-modi-britain
In Kathua, in Jammu and Kashmir state, an eight-year-old Muslim girl was abducted, drugged and brutally gang-***** and murdered in a Hindu temple by a group of men. According to the charge sheet of those arrested, it was planned and executed in order to terrorise the nomadic Muslim Bakarwal community to which she belonged and drive them out of the region. The attempt to lodge the charge sheet against the accused at a local court was followed by violent protests in their defence by a pro-Modi Hindu rightwing outfit, the Hindu Ekta Manch. Two BJP ministers attended the protests and urged the crowd to obstruct the prosecution of the accused.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...al-of-hindu-extremists-shot-dead-in-bangalore

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...mand-removal-hindu-cow-film-nobel-amartya-sen
Suman Ghosh said he was told by censor board officials on Monday that his one-hour documentary about Amartya Sen, a Harvard professor and essayist, could be released only if certain words were bleeped out. Those words reportedly included “cow”, “Hindu India”, “Hindutva” – a reference to the religious nationalist ideology of India’s ruling party – and “Gujarat”, the home state of the country’s prime minister, Narendra Modi

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...s-banned-from-election-trail-over-hate-speech
A star campaigner for India’s Hindu nationalist ruling party has been banned from the election trail for 72 hours over hate speech targeting Muslims, the latest in a series of incendiary remarks by party leaders as the country’s election season enters its second week.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
If that's what you call negative about Priyanka, there aren't people in BJP whose family members are facing charges? How about Amit Shah himself who had a fake encounter under his name and faced many charges since 2008? How about BSY of Karnataka who went to jail being the CM of state on corruption charges in 2011?

Dynasty Rule? What exactly is a dynasty rule? Congress has the always carried out election to pick President of Party. It's not the fault of Gandhi- Nehru family that people don't file their candidature in these elections?

And for your very kind information, Congress has seen many non-gandhi family presidents in the past. Here's the list - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidents_of_the_Indian_National_Congress

And those three are my preference for the PM candidate, I haven't mentioned about the order of my preferences. I've just mentioned names. I'll say ANY OF THOSE.

That doesn't come under election propoganda. If that's the case, you won't be surprised to hear that all the Union ministers are just puppets and it is the PM and Amit Shah who take final decision on any program, policy etc.. of different ministry? This is not my word, one of the Union minsiter who resigned from the central cabinet has mentioned in his resignation letter.
Again, my question is why do you have to compare to BJP on every point? I am asking from Congress perspective and you just proved me right atleast on one thing.. It is not BJP that opposition and in your case Congress is defeating.. it is Modi and Amit Shah duo. It no longer is the betterment of the country, it is soothing one's ego.

Exactly my point, a party that does not even believe in itself when you even internally you are running against a person like Rahul Gandhi, what good will they do for the country. Also please do not tell me that the so called party workers of Congress do not stand in elections because they see Rahul as a good leader. They do not stand because they cannot stand. When a Prime Minister of India Manmohan Singh could not lead the nation elected by PEOPLE OF INDIA against the wish of NEHRU-GANDHI family, do you really think the party workers have the balls?

I am end my discussion here. I think I have raised some points on my concerns for BJP and what I would like if they win to change, I am completely against Congress since there is no leadership and until that changes, India does not have an opposition.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Those are just Social Media and News Talk, everyone wants their 2 minute fame.
Hell no. My neighbors and friends speak that way. Their thoughts have changed after 2014.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers

Users who are viewing this thread