Pakistan Tour of England 2019

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
LO - Limited overs

Was a perfect opportunity to try out Umer Khan. Or even someone like Waleed Ahmed who had a few impressive games in the Pakistan Cup. He has a bit of a round arm action, and can be somewhat short at times, but gets good flight for a finger spinner. It's huge oversight to keep drumming on with Yasir Shah, who not only has been struggling lately (in LO cricket), but has horrid numbers in England (again, in LO). He might be an exceptional bowler in Test cricket but the LO game has changed so much while Test cricket, by comparison, remains pretty steady, that there is a big difference between the two formats now.

Are there no other spinners in the pipeline for Pakistan? Does anyone know of any? I mean apart from the obvious. Would be great if there were some leg spinners or orthodox left arm spinners. These seem to be key now in LO cricket.

Alexei.

User Title Purchaser
PAK...
NZ....
LQ
QG
Sydney Thunder
Are there no other spinners in the pipeline for Pakistan? Does anyone know of any? I mean apart from the obvious. Would be great if there were some leg spinners or orthodox left arm spinners. These seem to be key now in LO cricket.
imo, we need someone like Ajmal

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
LO - Limited overs

Was a perfect opportunity to try out Umer Khan. Or even someone like Waleed Ahmed who had a few impressive games in the Pakistan Cup. He has a bit of a round arm action, and can be somewhat short at times, but gets good flight for a finger spinner. It's huge oversight to keep drumming on with Yasir Shah, who not only has been struggling lately (in LO cricket), but has horrid numbers in England (again, in LO). He might be an exceptional bowler in Test cricket but the LO game has changed so much while Test cricket, by comparison, remains pretty steady, that there is a big difference between the two formats now.

Yeah can't just relay on Shadab Khan, I would try out Umar Khan because he is only 19 years old and had a decent First Class debut, plus he was decent in PSL as well.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
LO - Limited overs

Mohammad Asghar (leftie) was part of a couple of Test squads last year, then got dropped. Was good for Zalmi too. Zafar Gohar's another one.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
What's the point of the T20I? I'd rather have 6 ODIs

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Fakhar's runs in the warm up are a good sign.
The lack of spin looks like a concern already. Looks like Yasir Shah was lit up in the warm up match. He did take 3 wickets though, but 90 in 10 won't cut it. I only have the scorecard to go by. Anyone watch the feed somehow?

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Fakhar's runs in the warm up are a good sign.
The lack of spin looks like a concern already. Looks like Yasir Shah was lit up in the warm up match. He did take 3 wickets though, but 90 in 10 won't cut it. I only have the scorecard to go by. Anyone watch the feed somehow?
Yeah our openers needs to be in good form because to be honest our lower order is poor, I still think Sarfaraz is not a great player and I don't depend on him to win matches.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Although it's nice that some players are coming into form, I wouldn't put too much into this as an indicator. These are not only domestic teams, but also their B teams, as the county championships are ongoing. Pakistani players have a tendency to let small victories get to their heads. Hopefully their leadership circle (whatever that is on this team), doesn't let this happen.

B

Bigby Wolf

Pakistan are going well prepared into the WC a full fledged ODI series against the home side before the tournament on similar conditions.Given their last CT victory Pakistan for me will be the team to beat if their bowlers start picking up wickets and they get their team combinations right.

Users who are viewing this thread