Cricket 19 : Online Suggestions/Improvements

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I still say step 1 , above all else , is drop the Overall Fitness Sliders effects down by 40 % at least across the board. That the One easy step that @BigAntStudios, can make a decision on, and patch it straight out.

Your Proposal will mean in our instance, we regular League Players will still not be using any of it , so hence I cannot support this at all.

Your Basically advocating a "Fixed, Locked Down Ranked version" , for all Online Gaming.

Nothing wrong with that , but would not be a solution to us, that plays with our own Teams and Custom Match Types etc.

chaman82

County Cricketer
I still say step 1 , above all else , is drop the Overall Fitness Sliders effects down by 40 % at least across the board. That the One easy step that @BigAntStudios, can make a decision on, and patch it straight out.

Your Proposal will mean in our instance, we regular League Players will still not be using any of it , so hence I cannot support this at all.

Your Basically advocating a "Fixed, Locked Down Ranked version" , for all Online Gaming.

Nothing wrong with that , but would not be a solution to us, that plays with our own Teams and Custom Match Types etc.

Adding to that

Like for a example a t20, bowler usually bowls in 2 spells
Currently complete spell can be bowled in 1 go with complete accuracy and pace change etc .

Concentration /fitness /stamina has to be reduced for bowlers if bowling long spell depending upon format

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Simple Excercise.

Go and Bowl 6 x Effort Balls with an out of the Box English Bowler in a Test.

Over after Over.

If its still like Ashes Cricket, he will be able to bowl this way for a huge amount of Overs, not reflecting any real Life Bowler.

Hence I`m back to my assessent that the 100 % Value given to the Fitness Sliders is way off the charts, and causes the Bowlers to do what they want, and Batters to Sprint ball after ball without any Penalty.

Ive never ever been able to get a Batsman to even get the Stamina to drop to 75%, and I sprint each and every run.....

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

My proposal was targeted more towards random online gameplay than the online leagues as I feel this is where majority of issues crop up. Yours is targeted towards a League sort of set up, which I mentioned as a "Friendly/Non-competitive" mode. But i don't see why optional "lock-down" features such as fitness/physical sliders can't be added in there.

chaman82

County Cricketer
Another suggestion as implemented in many Android mobile games is the "special delivery meter".

It fills when a bowler bowls continuously some good balls and then it's activated.

When activated
That special skill can be used for bowling that perfect yorker or slow ball bouncer etc.
It's a simple gimmick that may be used to being some variety in online bowling gameplay.

chaman82

County Cricketer
Having played around 20 online t20s, at normal pro level

The feel of new batsman in the middle has been captured very well by the game

New batsman can't just go hitting from ball 1 and back to back wkts results in further pressure on the batting side.

Edges from good lenght bowls feels good and rewarding.

Some ground shot when not timed well, goes in the air too much which can be reduced slightly.

The constant pace change by bowlers has been previously reported and has to some how should be earned by bowler and not allowed to be bowled every ball.

Generally , batting feels good and challenging at all levels, bowling is easy and one can bowl that perfect line lenght back to back every ball.
A simple work around can be to have an option to select different difficulty for batting n bowling in online match creation settings

Last edited:

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
The constant pace change by bowlers has been previously reported and has to some how should be earned by bowler and not allowed to be bowled every ball.
Change of pace is something that anyone can do in real life , so that factor isnt something I would think would be fair thing to do.. But skilling wise if you have low skills your pace shouldnt vary too much from normal delivery.. Maybe that could be replicated better here..

A simple work around can be to have an option to select different difficulty for batting n bowling in online match creation settings
Yeah this would be a good option to have..

chaman82

County Cricketer
Change of pace is something that anyone can do in real life , so that factor isnt something I would think would be fair thing to do.. But skilling wise if you have low skills your pace shouldnt vary too much from normal delivery.. Maybe that could be replicated better here..

Yeah this would be a good option to have..

Since there is no change in action for pace change, its then just a game of prediction as a batsman.

Pace change with good amount of pace diff is a special skill and involves lots of practice.

The problem is big pace change with extremely accurate line lenght every ball

U are correct, if the bowler is low skilled amount of pace change accuracy should be very less.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Since there is no change in action for pace change, its then just a game of prediction as a batsman.

Pace change with good amount of pace diff is a special skill and involves lots of practice.

The problem is big pace change with extremely accurate line lenght every ball

U are correct, if the bowler is low skilled amount of pace change accuracy should be very less.
The game has a thing where if you cant hit the green zone the area of landing the ball is spread more than its on green.. So thats something which makes the balance to happen.. I get that constantly changing pace always is something thats tricky especially when you are chasing a target or playing a really short format.. But my opinion on this would always be getting better with your shot range..

As from what I see guys playing online is their aim is really limited to few shots and there's like a list of shots to play to get more runs which is a stupid thing to do.. Aim should be to play proper cricket and the game allows that to do.. I can be generalising this but when majority do it , thats how it gets represented.. I know for some its a great pass time only but only aiming to win doesnt make you better in the game only the thought to get better does..

I have seen legit players online as well and I always see great potential in online which people dont understand mainly when people become like we want a game made for online...NEVER GONNA HAPPEN.. Offline things will get passed on to online and its not like you are limited of features or shots or other stuff which cripples the player.. Its just people arent ready to accept a proper simulation when they cant connect the ball as they would like to..

chaman82

County Cricketer
For the time being i think following things we can say somewhat we agree upon

1. Diff difficulty for bowling and batting in match creation .
2. Custom difficulty option in online as available in offline.
2. Accuracy / pace change according to bowler skills
( A part timer should not be able to land all bowls to any spot he likes even with exact input by human player)
3. Improvements to inner ring urgency by fielders
4. Larger stamina drain for bowlers in every format.
5. Less timing window for batsman when he's moving outside off stumps trying to hit on leg side.

Last edited:

bvnr410

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thanks @BigAntStudios for one more edition of cricket game. Online community users are ready to buy every year as long as BigAnt can produce good cricket games. Please find the feedback post 1.0.3 patch for PS4 which was released on 1st June 2019.

I have mentioned the issues with the order of priority. If your team requires any video proof to recreate the scenario , please let us know we can share the required details.

Critical :
  1. Before bowler starts fresh over umpire keeping the hand raised even batsmen/bowler (online players) have not paused the game. May be this happens after next batsmen\bowler selection screen or random .
  2. Even with Hard (Veteran) difficulty its lot of ground shots going in air till the close fields, becoming very tough for the batsmen to score especially with the close fields by keeping inner circle fielders up. Because this making the game only about field placements. Ashes batting window was better. Otherwise please provide the option of modifiers in online game where the host can customize them and let the modifiers have a view only access during any online game. -- This sounds like a new feature but it improves online game play very much. Or Any other workaround your team can suggests.
    Reason : At this point in t20 online leagues average scores are around 40, because of fast bowlers keep bowling 152/140 blue/yellow ball with front close fielders. 10 edges is the way. lots of leagues are getting closed. If we decrease the difficulty to medium/pro I am afraid that may become complete batsmen game.
High:
  1. Speed gun seems broken , Ex: speed shows a fixed value if a bowling speed 0/100 skilled medium bowler bowls standard ball with R2 mod : its 126 kmph , but there is lot of difference in timing of both the delivers
  2. Broken issue of Big Lines (fixed/straight cam) : I loved to watch the big lines from a side view(may be broadcast cam) in earlier big ant games, Now its coming only in a fixed random cam (either batsmen/bowler angle no side view/cam)
  3. In Earlier games after every over in online/offline these big lines used to come(unless batsmen hit a 50 or 100), now its random.
  4. In Online we cant pick a user choice pitch type (standard/Grassy/Dusty/Dry and hard/soft/very soft) , because the pitch types are getting changed with the selection of ground
    There are hardly 2 default grounds which have soft pitch, remaining all hard pitches.Mostly Dry hard or standard hard
    In these hard pitch types even a green/yellow ball can be bounced like chest height on specific bowling inputs
Medium:
  1. Fielders running till the last moment ball is delivered , may be specific to poor connections.
  2. If there is a connection strength bar between the peers (Good/bad/OK), earlier in Ashes cricket i used to notice a red/orange bar during team selection screen (i thought it was connection strength bar), It would be nice to know.
Low :
  1. In Academy/community seems there is no get best for all teams option like Ashes cricket. And we don't see many creations in community as well to get all international and club teams.

indian_tamizhan

Club Cricketer
Thanks @BigAntStudios for one more edition of cricket game. Online community users are ready to buy every year as long as BigAnt can produce good cricket games. Please find the feedback post 1.0.3 patch for PS4 which was released on 1st June 2019.

I have mentioned the issues with the order of priority. If your team requires any video proof to recreate the scenario , please let us know we can share the required details.

Critical :
  1. Before bowler starts fresh over umpire keeping the hand raised even batsmen/bowler (online players) have not paused the game. May be this happens after next batsmen\bowler selection screen or random .
  2. Even with Hard (Veteran) difficulty its lot of ground shots going in air till the close fields, becoming very tough for the batsmen to score especially with the close fields by keeping inner circle fielders up. Because this making the game only about field placements. Ashes batting window was better. Otherwise please provide the option of modifiers in online game where the host can customize them and let the modifiers have a view only access during any online game. -- This sounds like a new feature but it improves online game play very much. Or Any other workaround your team can suggests.
    Reason : At this point in t20 online leagues average scores are around 40, because of fast bowlers keep bowling 152/140 blue/yellow ball with front close fielders. 10 edges is the way. lots of leagues are getting closed. If we decrease the difficulty to medium/pro I am afraid that may become complete batsmen game.
High:
  1. Speed gun seems broken , Ex: speed shows a fixed value if a bowling speed 0/100 skilled medium bowler bowls standard ball with R2 mod : its 126 kmph , but there is lot of difference in timing of both the delivers
  2. Broken issue of Big Lines (fixed/straight cam) : I loved to watch the big lines from a side view(may be broadcast cam) in earlier big ant games, Now its coming only in a fixed random cam (either batsmen/bowler angle no side view/cam)
  3. In Earlier games after every over in online/offline these big lines used to come(unless batsmen hit a 50 or 100), now its random.
  4. In Online we cant pick a user choice pitch type (standard/Grassy/Dusty/Dry and hard/soft/very soft) , because the pitch types are getting changed with the selection of ground
    There are hardly 2 default grounds which have soft pitch, remaining all hard pitches.Mostly Dry hard or standard hard
    In these hard pitch types even a green/yellow ball can be bounced like chest height on specific bowling inputs
Medium:
  1. Fielders running till the last moment ball is delivered , may be specific to poor connections.
  2. If there is a connection strength bar between the peers (Good/bad/OK), earlier in Ashes cricket i used to notice a red/orange bar during team selection screen (i thought it was connection strength bar), It would be nice to know.
Low :
  1. In Academy/community seems there is no get best for all teams option like Ashes cricket. And we don't see many creations in community as well to get all international and club teams.

@MattW Please look into this. Btw just like in the beginning of ashes cricket, the cross seam deliveries are super fast in online. We always have to premeditate in order to play them. In ashes cricket, the final patch has helped in patching this by reducing the maximum speed of cross seam delivery by 5kmph. Hope something like that will help here too. Once again thanks a lot for yet another brilliant cricket game.. hoping to get the patch soon. Thanks in advance.
@BigAntStudios

Bongo6er

School Cricketer
How come all games are at Lord's during the day and its always sunny in Online Ranked (not the custom mode)?

I'm shocked to find that none of you mentioned this or am I missing something?

I remember AO Tennis had the same issue where it was only at one court.

Is this going to be fixed or is should I just get comfy?

Curtis

School Cricketer
@BigAntStudios

If you try to change the field settings using the quick menu then back out of it 50% of the time it crashes the game and throws you back to the PS4 menu = auto loss.

(Edit) Just crashed again after I scored a four online. The amount of different crashes is worrying.

The top player on PS4 has such a poor connection that the fielders are running around whilst you wait for and as the bowler is bowling. If you try to look around before he bowls the fielders are running all over the place including over the wicket so you can't identify the field/gaps to play to plus the players are restricting your view of the ball/bowler running in LOL.

Created 99 overall teams exist why?? Who thought having a free for all was a good idea in a competitive environment?

Drops are ridiculous and need to be toned down. Seeing AB De Villiers drop ball after ball is infuriating.

Last edited:

master110

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Yeah a lot of the online players lag. Freezes on bowling then teleports to the ball flying away for a six.

You can still do the glitch from ashes where you pick short ball and hammer the botton for Yorker so its flashes red then blue

Users who are viewing this thread