Wealey's Ultimate AI

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Ok lads, so I have been tweaking and tinkering with all types of settings to eliminate some pet hates of mine that are currently in the game when the AI are batting in Limited Overs.

The main gripes for me are:

• Far too many edges
  • Many Wickets caught by the keeper
  • Not enough caught in the deep
  • Aggressive mentalities in the Power Plays
  • Batsmen not playing horrendously slow knocks.
My current settings are:

Settings 1.png Physics Settings.png

AI Timing 95 : This is simple - Less edges and better timing the AI for the most part are International batsmen not village cricketers.

Wicket Chance 25: Now although the edges are dramatically decreased they still exists, which is good, as many shots make the edge sound but are actually genuine shots. However with wicket chance lowered significantly you wont get crazy collapses and the amount of edges to the keeper.

Run Rate 90: Go to the extreme then work your socks off to contain. They bat with intent but what have noticed is it increases their range of shots - Lots down the ground and all around the wicket. They also try to go for the gaps in the field once you have plugged other areas.

This is all done on a standard wicket on a fine sunny day to try and emulate a belter of a track...

Physics to note are:

Friction Reduced for Ball and Pitch - Reduces the effectiveness of the Spinners , quickens the outfield and seems to help with lowering the edges.

Shot Power 1: More catches on the boundary. Had 3 in the ODI down below including tap back to a teammate catches.

Fielders still step over the rope far too many times on Fully Assisted.

I also have made bowing as tricky for myself as i can to eliminate constant Perfect Perfect input.

NOW THE KEY BIT:

You can not have anyone in your ODI or T20 team with a mentality of Precise or Conservative.
They just get bogged down and wont accelerate when you would expect them to. I have changed them all in both the England and South Africa teams in the pictures below..

Second Key Point:

The Batting Perks - These are crucial.

Roy Had - Power Hitter - Master Batsmen- 2 of the Early Confidence Perks - The the rest were batting related ones like Perfect Technique etc.

These seem to make a huge difference - The confidence ones especially as they help reduce the edges and the batters will be green confidence much sooner in their innings.

Bairstow started on green confidence from ball 1 as I have him the T20 Mindset Perk which further increases confidence.

Obviously beta testing is still going on but I have been doing this as a bit of fun as well.

Give it a crack!!

South Africa 356.png
England T20.png

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Unfortunately yes.. so if I wanted to play a Teat Series against South Africa I’d have to tweak then again. Unless anyone knows how to make 3 identical teams but with different Perks..

OK. unfortunately this actually makes tours quite impractical, because changes made in the academy to players wouldn't take effect in the tour.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
OK. unfortunately this actually makes tours quite impractical, because changes made in the academy to players wouldn't take effect in the tour.

Yeah if you were going to just play a same format kind of thing then it’s fine.

Although most current ODI sides don’t have many test players in and the ones that do have same mentalities.

The perks are the crucial bit. But to be fair most are generic batting ones anyway. With ‘Master Batsmen’ being very useful.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
If BA change the gold perks to Attacking player, Classic Defender, Strike rotater, Gap finder, something like that for batting and Runs defender, partnership breaker, mystery bowler, Pace master, leg breaker (Yorker) like for bowling will help a lot I think...

Set Up Shop

Banned
Ok lads, so I have been tweaking and tinkering with all types of settings to eliminate some pet hates of mine that are currently in the game when the AI are batting in Limited Overs.

The main gripes for me are:

• Far too many edges
  • Many Wickets caught by the keeper
  • Not enough caught in the deep
  • Aggressive mentalities in the Power Plays
  • Batsmen not playing horrendously slow knocks.

When you say "aggressive mentalities in the Power Plays" - is that a gripe or a positive? Because I've played a good 20 full ODI's now (still not a huge sample size) on default settings in a variety of conditions and I think the AI aggressiveness in powerplays simulates actual cricket pretty well.

And "batsman not playing horrendously slow knocks" - a current gripe or something you want to see?

I have found I'm getting consistently good matches on legendary setting, altering AI run rate to 65, striker timing to 55 and wicket chance to 45, and nothing else. n = 20.

Set Up Shop

Banned
Played an innings with Wealey’s settings, except for changing the batting mentality of the AI batsman. Played out the full 50 managing bowling changed, fields the lot:

B39F18D1-BA7C-406B-83EB-091D4F9A85C2.jpeg

Observations:
- the AI went berserk and continued going berserk all through the innings. No bowlers, including spinners, were safe.
- there were an absolute truckload of sixes. Too many. I played the game at Headingly which is a small ground so this is almost certainly a factor.
- Had to catches to the keeper, none to the inner fielders and 3 to men on the rope.
- At veteran level edges are far too frequent and account for far too many runs. That includes edges going for six. What’s wrong is the AI confidence grows when hitting a boundary off an edge which doesn’t make sense. If you want less edges, play legendary. This is obvious to me coming down to playing veteran level.
- I liked seeing spinners going for runs.

I’m going to try chase this down then I’ll probably go back to legend difficulty and reduce the run rate and maybe the striker timing a little.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Played an innings with Wealey’s settings, except for changing the batting mentality of the AI batsman. Played out the full 50 managing bowling changed, fields the lot:

View attachment 223054

Observations:
- the AI went berserk and continued going berserk all through the innings. No bowlers, including spinners, were safe.
- there were an absolute truckload of sixes. Too many. I played the game at Headingly which is a small ground so this is almost certainly a factor.
- Had to catches to the keeper, none to the inner fielders and 3 to men on the rope.
- At veteran level edges are far too frequent and account for far too many runs. That includes edges going for six. What’s wrong is the AI confidence grows when hitting a boundary off an edge which doesn’t make sense. If you want less edges, play legendary. This is obvious to me coming down to playing veteran level.
- I liked seeing spinners going for runs.

I’m going to try chase this down then I’ll probably go back to legend difficulty and reduce the run rate and maybe the striker timing a little.

Haha - Dispatched!

Users who are viewing this thread