Run outs/Stumpings

Beefybeef66

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm just curious as to whether anyone has seen AI stumpings or run outs? Could anyone confirm?

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I’ve stumped the AI out. Can’t say I’ve ran them out. The only chance I had it took an age for my fielder to pick the ball up so lost the chance.

Sahil70

Club Captain
I’ve stumped the AI out. Can’t say I’ve ran them out. The only chance I had it took an age for my fielder to pick the ball up so lost the chance.
Was the stumping off a spinner?

I havent seen stumping off spinners or run out since very early in ashes cricket. Although the odd stumpings i have got was off quick bowlers only because i tend to throw at the stumps when ball goes through to keeper as for some odd reason occasionally the ai batters step out the crease.

A real shame that two modes of dismissal are not even there for a cricket game

Late-Cut

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In this AI vs AI video, there are three runouts:
That means in earlier builds runouts were present, but were removed later for some reasons.
I've seen a stumping too somewhere IIRC.

It's a shame these two types of dismissals had not been tweaked in recent builds. AI batters should try to play shots advancing down the pitch against spinners when the situation requires(e.g. death overs, dot ball pressures, run rate pressure etc.) so they might fall in the trap of stumpings. The stumpings chance should increase in conditions favouring spinners and in the T20. I hope @BigAntStudios will tweak these dismissals in upcoming patches.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I completed my first run out yesterday. It was direct from the keeper but had gone quite wide on the leg side, it wasn’t just one of those old batsman standing a millimetre too far forward. The batsman set off a fair distance before turning back. Was good to see but yeah in truth, run outs don’t seem to be a big part of the game.

I’ve had some good stood up catches by my WK off spinners but no stumping. In fact I think I’ve seen a batsman dance down the track at me once.

Actually, I think my first wicket in Career Mode was a leg side stumping off spin but not when playing lots of Tests/ODIs in Competition mode.

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Was the stumping off a spinner?

I havent seen stumping off spinners or run out since very early in ashes cricket. Although the odd stumpings i have got was off quick bowlers only because i tend to throw at the stumps when ball goes through to keeper as for some odd reason occasionally the ai batters step out the crease.

A real shame that two modes of dismissal are not even there for a cricket game

Yes they tried to slog it and missed. Rashid was bowling for me. Then stumped.

However I did note that the bug where it asked if I want to review after getting the wicket myself came up again. This was in Ashes.

Short Leg Cricket

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
I completed my first run out yesterday. It was direct from the keeper but had gone quite wide on the leg side, it wasn’t just one of those old batsman standing a millimetre too far forward. The batsman set off a fair distance before turning back. Was good to see but yeah in truth, run outs don’t seem to be a big part of the game.

I’ve had some good stood up catches by my WK off spinners but no stumping. In fact I think I’ve seen a batsman dance down the track at me once.

Actually, I think my first wicket in Career Mode was a leg side stumping off spin but not when playing lots of Tests/ODIs in Competition mode.

Jonny Bairstow with at least 50 catches in all competitions already! I get run out a bit but I can’t run anyone else especially in the Test league where even when the opposition take a risky single I can’t seem to hit the stumps. But I am really enjoying the game and maybe a run out is due for me because stumpings happen regularly!

ASHES_FAN

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
for me there's been chances of run outs, but I feel like if you throw towards the danger end the fielder throws slow on purpose even if the throw is timed perfectly.

DevilzTutor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
On a side note: If ball hits the stumps then you can't take another run. I can confirm that.

Don'tMindMe

School Cricketer
It's possible, yesterday I ran the AI out. But required an inch perfect throw. They were down at cow corner (or whatever the actual position is called)

Users who are viewing this thread